Forum Tools (For our new siblings)

Lmao
Fatalityyyyyy

2 Likes

I actually just noticed and had to take another look to see if you weren’t someone new :smile:

1 Like

Thanks for noticing! Haha yeah I’m so generic now :smirk:

1 Like

Anyone else notice that images from other websites don’t seem to embed anymore?

1 Like

Hey @jFar920 :hugs:
You mean like YouTube or Insta links?

Yeah, noticed it last night, thought it was just my phone being a phone though.

1 Like

Dear Jarjar Farts

THIS ISN’T HELPFUL!!!

1 Like

Yt links are working for me. :thinking:

Don’t know if this is the best place to ask for solutions or if more people have this problem.

I can’t enter the forum on laptop.
This was already the case before I did go MIA.
And it’s still.
Tried it over the main LPU page, nothing.
No problem to go the same path with the phone.

Some ideas?

@the_termin8r not just gloating :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Edit
Now it’s working. I had to yammer first. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

This whole place is broken as fuck. It took me 4:03.09 to just get into this thread (I timed it on a stopwatch). My notifications are on a whole new level of fucked. I clear them, then when I close the forum and open it again, the same 3 are back. Getting to clearing them in the first place is a pain as the menu likes to have a seizure every time I open it.

3 Likes

I directly scrolled down :joy::joy:

Cause yammering worked the last time and with plug.dj too, I try it again.

If I want to tag someone I don’t get any proposals after entering @ on phone.
On laptop this works fine.
It’s pretty annoying cause I am a terrible speller. :roll_eyes:

@derek I’m pretty sure the forum has a lot of general chat and games so having an LP thread is actually helpful for those who want to chat only about LP stuff. A lot of chat was going on via other threads (What are you doing / listening to) so it would have been helpful to have one place to discuss just LP stuff rather than random threads?

Don’t misunderstand me but have you thought about the mess this kind of threads could generate? I mean ALL LP stuff in ONE thread?! Don’t know, it could be confusing for some people. IMO the forum is fine as it is.

Uh, it’d be the opposite of mess, but yeah, old dogs and all that.

Would you explain how you see it, please? I’m curious.

1 Like

My pleasure. I saw it as a Linkin Park chat thread, so anyone could post a question or thought with others in a single place. Including songs / pictures with the idea that others would discuss these collectively (hence my first post was about the ‘It’s Going Down’ video so others would discuss their thoughts on this. I was also going to say I love Chester’s cameos! He was just pure coolness). And so on.

If you never try something you’ll never know if it works and whether indeed it causes more mess or less :wink:

Not sure if this is a jab, but, ok.

I normally do not discuss into detail why I close threads, but I’ll humor you for this one.

1. Redundant. You essentially made a forum inside a forum. You can call it chat, but it will never be a chat.
  2. You made it in “The Underground”, which technically is supposed to be just LPU related threads, but the description makes it seem other wise. it would have been better suited in “Linkin Park”.
  3. Many have tried what you have, they didn’t work then, and I don’t see it working now. It just gets to complicated to follow and eventually is just spam.(Granted a lot of forum ends up that way, but why add to it.)

If you still think it can work, and you really believe in it, I’ll open it back and up and give it a week. If it’s thriving, it can stay open. If not and it’s dead or just spam, I’ll send it to oblivion. Let me know what you want me to do.

6 Likes

I wasn’t part of this but just wanted to chime in.

I think a topic for general Linkin Park things that are just one-off remarks or simple questions that don’t deserve their own topic seems like an ok idea. Stuff like “what song has the lyrics ‘blah blah blah’” get answered immediately then the topic gets no further replies, has no where to go from there, and then it dies. Having a central topic just for that would avoid 100s of 2 reply topics. I also feel like Random Thoughts Thread: The Reunion! or [insert totally nifty topic here] already kind of exist to fill that role, even though they aren’t strictly Linkin Park focused.

The problem with this one is that it seems like it’s trying to be much bigger than that.

Music, artwork, stories, new merch, questions, and performances are or could be their own categories or topics on the forum, to funnel that all in one spot is just asking for confusion. I honestly feel like the mega-topic I made for Post Traumatic ended up this way and that was a much more refined set of things to discuss, but a lot of it still could have been its own discussions within #ms.

I also agree @derek’s point with the chat thing.I know there have been a few “chat” topics that got a decent amount of user involvement, but forums aren’t really designed to have one person post several times in a row in the span of less than a day, the topics close when they get too many posts. I know there isn’t an official chat anymore, so you have to use what you’ve got, and off-site solutions like plug.dj, Discord, or Whatsapp can only do so much, but I don’t think “chat” topics are the way to go. I’d love to propose LPU add a chat back again, even if the band doesn’t chat on it

6 Likes

:thinking:

:eyes:

:thought_balloon:

@zanybelle’s in trouuuuu-bleeeeee

:yum: