What grinds your gears?

@hilaryfol That’s not fair at all, so i understand you! Try to focus on your work, not on the work of the other person (but I know it’s not easy to do it). Sending you strength :muscle::muscle::muscle::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Today, the girl in my team who is always trying to work as less as she can, just worked 4 hours today. :joy:
She came at 10.30am at work, then took a break between 10.45am and 11am. Then she went out for lunch time between 11.58am and 2.20pm. Then she took a break at 5.15pm to 5.40pm. But everything is fine for my boss. :joy::joy::joy:
It’s her new record. :grin:

1 Like

I like those too :frowning_face_with_open_mouth:

I understand it… it’s bad. Happens quite often here too. They just don’t listen

Good boy. Don’t bother what they say :relieved:

I bet he won’t want any .

@hilaryfol sending you strength :hugs: i agree with @lilyope that it isn’t your fault she’s right…

2 Likes

Maybe she’s 100% productive between that breaks? :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Not sure about it :joy:

I have similar problems at work with staff members and their breaks. So what I do is tell them exactly when their break starts (i.e 11:03am) and when they need to be back (i.e 11:33am, our breaks are half an hour long). At first some of them didn’t take it seriously but I started reducing their working hours (by literally minutes) they paid attention.

3 Likes

Is it wrong to say the newbies on here?

Like the freadfefgsf search button is Right THERE!!!

It’s like they don’t know how to Internet.

It’s like a browser on the site in the shape of a search bar… USE IT!!!

5 Likes

Guess which is the old modem by the old internet provider, and which is the new modem by the new internet provider. (To be fair, I stood right in front of each modem for each)

Screenshot_2019-05-25-18-44-16-44

Screenshot_2019-05-25-18-50-42-67

Last week I switched internet provider (I told Pat this), I did it before the contract of previous internet provider was up so that I minimise the disruption to my internet connection. Yup the new internet provider had to install their own cables, and I have the two internet providers concurrent for now. (The old contract with the old provider was giro paid, i.e. paid one month in advance, so in effect the two providers will be concurrent for slightly over a month)

What grinds my gears is being (severely) misled when ordering food. BBQ beans ended up being baked beans (yes, the orange kind that everybody knows), the dish was supposed to be a hot dish but the baked beans were cold, and the California raisin rice ended up being just yellow colored fried rice (pineapple fried rice I think) with a few miserable morsels of yellow colored raisins.

Oh wow how annoying- I made such experiences a few times too- either it was the completely wrong pizza, or they forgot the salat dressing and the worst and most annoying was molded rice with my chicken curry :expressionless: so I can really say I feel you on this grind… :hugs:

Logic should dictate that baked beans do not go with rice, but oh well :man_shrugging::man_shrugging::man_shrugging::man_shrugging::man_shrugging:

yeah- I agree, but if you consider that english peeps eat them with eggs and sausages for breakfast… that’s pretty weird too… :joy:

Hey! Nothing against English breakfast! I love it!
The german stuff, cardboard roll with jam, urg!

:joy:

1 Like

I finally caved and got Spotify premium…and I feel cheated. Most of the songs that were unavailable when I was on the free plan are still unavailable and so are a lot of small artists that I listen to. I thought that SP unlocks all this stuff. I’m currently on the 99p 3 month trial and have a half price student discount, but I’m seriously going to consider cancelling after the 3 months are up.

EDIT: Now I’m even more hacked off that I can’t just download albums directly, I have to turn them into playlists first…I have 329 albums. :expressionless:

3 Likes

Holy cow, I feel sorry for you :sweat_smile::joy:

Why is that?

1 Like

No idea, I’ve read it’s something to do with artists and record labels, but I don’t buy it as song availability is like the weather, always changing and almost randomly at that.

I managed to download all the songs simultaneously, what annoys me now is that those files can now only be played on spotify and if you want to listen to downloaded music on other devices, you have to download individually and can’t just transfer one downloaded folder between devices.

It’s almost like they’ve taken a leaf out of Crapple’s book on how to deal with digital music. I really don’t get why people swear by SP when SF has served me just as well.

Ah yes the rights bullshit again.

This, reminds me of the good ol iTunes days. Man that was horrible, glad I quit that

I’m so pissed off. My friends cancelled on us completely last minute. I was really looking forward to tonight and now my mood is completely ruined. And they keep calling us wondering why we’re so pissed and texting us why we won’t pick up. -.-

1 Like

Ah that sucks. Hopefully there won’t be any hard feelings between you guys :slight_smile:

1 Like

Right, my laptop has now been possessed by Spotify and Spotify refuses to die. It crashed, so I closed it. Then tried to open it, it kept saying that it has crashed and refused to open. Went to uninstall only for it to refuse to uninstall. It then started randomly playing music despite being fully closed. This is getting bloody idiotic.

EDIT:

Sit-rep:

Spotify is dead, it finally uninstalled. I was greeted with quite the surprise when I got back on. All the music I spent 2h downloading today…gone, just like that. Fuck you very much Spotify. Thank god I backed up my entire laptop literally minutes before this happened. Probably the best coincidence that could have happened. Now I just have to move the files between drives and not have to download again.

Sit-rep 2:

It’s all fucked, copying the backup folder just further breaks it and it thinks that a firewall is stopping me from logging in. Looks like I’ll be redownloading all 3314 songs again. Fuck this shit.

6 Likes

You cured me from wanting Spotify to reinstall

1 Like