When and where?

My surprise this ev :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes::smiley::grinning::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue::wink: when arrived home the Last Musik for Relief tee from Last LP campaign arrived today lol

Lol, the lines have confused your auto focus.

not only the autofocus but the eyes, cool tee this time, lol and I really enjoyed it after a real bus 6 days 24/00, lol the lil things

ot Hi Rob, are you staying till Rob comes lol @the_termin8r1

Nope, I don’t use FB. also as far as I’m aware the chat is at midnight.

thaats true lol, how are you? I think I watch it tomorrow anyways anywhere, and it´s the same, till you can´t place live Q´s…lol @the_termin8r1 what´s ab Itchy? :joy:

I’m not sure I understand.

Your mouse icon, or is it scratchy? lol “Who made a mouse out of a terminator”:joy::joy:, rem "

Oh that. It’s the teddy that’s being beheaded by the purple elephant on the LPU 8 cover

ahh ok I see, think we´re running out of topic…let´s change to the nifty thing lol @the_termin8r1, you met @samuel_the_leader online today’?

Right now:

2 Likes

My annoying ‘project’ for this year. (taken yesterday - still being built)

I say project but it’s not even a proper project. I’m not allowed soldering, I’m not allowed a PCB, I’m not allowed programming** and I’ve got a budget of about £15 and it’s mostly paperwork.

**This is especially irritating in my case as I’m making a bicycle speedo which would be a whole lot easier with coding but my teacher advised against it. So I had to find a circuit from online (we had to find existing ones) which didn’t use coding which actually worked. Of course it was near impossible and I found one that worked slightly so I had to remodel most of it and I still haven’t managed to make it count speed (it is a milometer at the moment). However, my teacher said that because I’d gone for an ambitious circuit (In my eyes this is anything but ambitious, but compared to the others’ circuits it kinda is) that if it doesn’t work in the end but I have all the correct paper work I can still get the top grade.

OMG you like these things and know a lot ab it, but only watching this pic whit the small things to pull in, handmade, that really impresses me, that you´re so talented, how long does all in all is the duration of the whole study-till you get a grade? :+1:

It’s ALOT easier than it looks. If you can build lego you can build a breadboard. The only reason it looks crowded because the bottom two ICs (the black rectangles) are basically two clusters of 4 identical components, however, on my circuit diagram they are not clustered like that, but are rather spread out so I’ve had to cram everything in.

Breadboards are fairly easy to understand and I would explain them but it’s a lot of words to explain something that will be much easier to explain with a demonstration so just take a look at this vid (from about 2:30 to 5:35)

The project is for the whole of this year.

What are they usefull for, later on in mb a machine? @the_termin8r1

A breadboard is a temporary circuit. So if you don’t know whether it will work or not you build it on a breadboard because the components slot in like lego so you won’t waste your time soldering and desoldering components. Also if you are perfecting a circuit you want to build it on a BB for the same reason. However, you don’t want a breadboard for a final circuit (especially in consumer products) because the components can be shaken loose very easily and the BB is quite big.

ot OK SO; AFTER PUTTING IT INTO THE GOOGLE TRANSLATOR.: it´s more for testing new ideas or to give students a prob they have to solve, am I right @the_termin8r1 ?

Yes and no. It’s not just for students, anyone can use them engineers use them too. As for solving a ready made problem that isn’t their exact purpose but I had an assignment where I’d build a circuit then my teacher would deliberately screw it up so that I can find the fault however, it never came to that as I blew a few components as I was testing it and had to fix it (which counted as finding and fixing a fault). Otherwise yes, they’re for experimentation.

I know it’s a pretty bad angle and quality but oh well…

Also, cute stray kitty chilling:

2 Likes

Your phone has one strange camera, the pics look mildly fogged up.

Yeap cause:
a) my phone is 7 years old
b) lens is scratched af
c) 1st photo is zoomed in
d) sunlight sucks
e) 5mp is not enough to get decent photos