When and where?

Outside my room this morning:

3 Likes

WOW is that traffic at the Sky? Or nature? However nice! Look at my view right now…

They seem to be plane contrails but there were no planes in the sky.

At near sunset. It looked different IRL, here it looks better, it looks like a mushroom cloud from a nuke.

They are going to build a large new bridge between the “island” I live on and Amsterdam. It means that neither by public transportation nor by car can I leave the “island”.

The transportation of the large new bridge and placement is viewable live right now.

wow what a big size it has, hey @gatsie, how long you must stay in prison-island?

They say they are able to fix it all tonight. The movement of this bridge to the actual location is supposedly 1 meter per minute… I’ve already accepted the idea of not being able to leave the island for at least the entire weekend. In worse case scenario it could take a week. I really hope that is not the case though :confused:

They’re ging to build a entire bridge in one night? (Or weekend)? Wow, that’s amazing!!

Rain

Well actually, they have build it in a year [which is quite amazing too because the bow of the bridge on its own is 1200 ton]. The bridge was build on the other side of the highway though and is now being transported across that highway towards the place where it needs to be build. It will be installed as a replacement for the current railroad bridge.

I personally think it will take a weekend for them to do this. Which is indeed pretty impressive on its own. They’re airing the live stream of it right now. It moves quite slow, lol.

But why, how did you get off before they built the bridge?

There is already a railroad bridge now connected to the mainland and the island, but it needs to be replaced apparently. They decided to transport the giant thing over the highway so that’s why we cannot leave the island for at least today. Unless one is willing to take the other exit off the island, which is 3 to 4 hours longer than usual and really not worth the effort.

That makes more sense… Still a hell of an accomplishment.

But why were there only 1 way off the island in the first place?

Oh there is another way to get off, but for the train to get to Amsterdam there is indeed just one bridge [with several tracks but still one bridge to cross]. There is also another bridge on the other part of the island though. Normally it would take 20 minutes to get to Amsterdam from where I live. If I would take the other bridge it would take 3 hours.

From yesterday

Oi, @EvoOba come take your summer back -_- It’s roasting here today, it’s 26 Celsius in my room.

And we got this:

I know!! It’s crazy weather over there… That was yesterday at a park in London, typical British summer weather activity :stuck_out_tongue:

Is that Hyde park? Or Regents park? You should see what Primrose hill is like on a sunny day. I don’t get why people enjoy being hot.