What grinds your gears?

It’s not because of one bad song. Keep in mind that those people might have supported Linkin Park from their XERO phase in the 90’s. And since then a lot has changed. From hard nu metal rock songs to this sugar poppy music they make now; it is a huge difference. Sure, LP is allowed to do whatever they want. But I can understand the disappointment of the fans who followed this band for 2 decades, with remix blunders such as reCharged and the likes… It’s not just one song that disappointing these fans, it’s been all the changes the band’s gone through since the last years in a sad attempt to stay relevant.

People accused Linkin Park of going pop before and the band was quite defensive about it then. Now they can’t really deny that this album is pop. They’re actually happy about it. Which is great, they should be happy with whatever they make. They are all in their forties with kids, maybe they’re going through a midlife crisis, I don’t know. But this turn of genre is just… Not what a lot of other fans had expected.

To each their own. I am not really that enthused myself. I won’t buy this new album, because it’s already been said by Mike that everything on the album will have the same sound as Heavy. I don’t need a pop album from Linkin Park. If I wanted a pop album, I’d buy Britney Spears’ greatest hits…

But hey. We’re all different and with different opinions. That’s all wonderful. You can’t please everybody. Linkin Park just lost a whole lot of fans thanks to this change of style. But maybe they’ll gain a lot of younger fans with a bigger wallet.

2 Likes

Let’s just keep an open mind and see how is the new album before flushing it down the toilet. Even thou Mike said that I would not bury someone before they are really dead.

2 Likes

This new album will sound just like Heavy, Mike already said this in interviews. So I personally have low expectations of whatever is to come on 19 may. I have a feeling that I won’t like the rest of it the songs either. Working 3 years on 10 songs is just… A bit of a turn off to me. And then 10 songs that sound all like Heavy? Wow… No, I’m not enthused…

But hey, don’t let that stop you to enjoy this pop album though! To each their own.

Rude staff pisses me off.

1 Like

I’m so pissed off right now. I’ve gone through yet another gear in my RC transmission. I’ve now got £70 worth of stripped metal gears that I can’t use and a £27 terminator gear that killed 2 of the metal ones. So I’ve got £97 of useless gears…and there’s only 5 of them.

To add insult to injury the stock plastic ones work just fine so I could have saved myself that money. Though in my defence logic dictates that if you break a plastic gear with a weak motor it only makes sense to upgrade to metal gears when you upgrade to a powerful motor.

Today’s victim:

It should look like the one on the left:

The complete death toll:

The ones on the right tore each other apart. The small one on the left is the terminator gear, I put one of the long ones in, it tore it apart, so I replaced the long one with a different brand only for it to get torn apart as well.

1 Like

Psst…what’s he going on about?

I don’t know…

I’m going on about literal gear grinding and how bloody expensive it is.

2 Likes

I spend the hole day on haircare. My hair is smooth as silk and looks amazing…aaand its raining and snowing outside :smiley: well, that’s the Nordic weather.

2 Likes

When you are a newbie at the job and they schedule you all alone on the busiest day of the week… Glad to have a day off tomorrow.

2 Likes

typical :smiley:

Being sick every day of my three day weekend, but coming back to school not sick. I guess at least it’s over but :confused: difficult to enjoy your weekend when you feel awful.

When you’re left in charge at work for half an hour and chaos breaks loose for those 30min.

1 Like

Ok so I guess I shouldn’t be too mad but I am, my game, my thread, my rules. I decided to bring it here than to start another conversations in a thread is kind of confusing and weird.

@evooba @silentstagepunk @the_termin8r @evkorngdlpid @anngelenee @jFar920 @intheend @newforeignpeoplewhocannotspeakenglish,weloveyouanywaysbutnotmecuzihateallhumanlife…

My thread: Song title game--excluding LP/FM/DBS & songs ending with e and y - #2323 by intheend

The rules Are In The TITLE–like literally, in there–on what you can’t use. It shouldn’t be that hard to find a song that isn’t those unless you are one of those new linkin park fans that only listen to them, you guys are fresh, this is a new stage for you–we all go through it.

For awhile some joked and complained about too many songs ending in either a ‘E’ or a ‘Y’, I since then changed it after people kept using the same LP songs for songs ending in whatever letter. Too easy, so now the game is becoming harder which makes it even more fun.

One person muted the thread, I’m going to press hard on the rules. People like me gets mad when new members come on here and makes new threads that already exists…because none of us are really LP fans…we just stay on this site to talk. OF COURSE we’ve heard of the new song, and OF COURSE they have changed our lives. The Internet made this amazing thing a long time ago…since then they changed the name to google but some of us still call it SEARCH!!

Moving on… if you are confused then just read through the post and if that doesn’t cut it then read the title…literally it’s there. And if that doesn’t work then read the first page, the first post. I might have to update it because it’s going to be that onnnnnnneeeee person that goes ‘but it had a linkin park song in it’ ;D

-.-

1 Like

Wow tpam is going mad! Here you are some cookies!

1 Like

(slaps plate of cookies) I don’t want you poopie cookies. You evil stalker…

1 Like

Wow and no sunglases neither my victim :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

You go
Ping!

:laughing:

3 Likes

I mean the title of the thread at least makes sense now… but if someone uses a song that ends in “y” or “e” I’m still going to reply to keep the game going :confused: sorry I’m relatively new … I don’t mean to bother anyone

1 Like

I’m not sooo new but simply forget about that ‘e’ or ‘y’ letter sometimes… so…peace :laughing: love you too :revolving_hearts: :imp:

1 Like