What grinds your gears?

lol, again my full AND your full email-adress??

back…

I’m pretty sure something’s wrong with people lately. It’s like they all smoked something and do stuff to piss the hell out of me.

I feel like something is wrong with me. I tried to get onto two buses using my uni ID instead of my oyster in the past 3 days :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m currently trying to do a long assignment and I’ve got another to do right after, and people all over town have been blowing fireworks since it got dark. I hate this time of year.

You use an oyster to check into the bus? Wow. Here I am feeling annoyed about our travel cards.

https://www.studenten.net/images/default-source/legacy/uitstel-voor-ov-chipkaart-studenten.jpg?sfvrsn=0

An oyster is a travel card but in oyster terminology is a travel card something you put on your oyster and it grants you unlimited travel for free for a specified area and time.

I somehow keep picturing this:

2 Likes

Oysters are seriously overrated food.

1 Like

@gatsie LOL, why? Oysters aren’t always fun in the UK either. I kind of hate it that transportation is so expensive.

@the_termin8r I LOVE THEM. SO TASTY!

They taste of salty anchovies

Imagine like, being a tourist in the UK. And hearing you have to use an oyster to be able to use public transportation. So you go the fish market and get yourself a bunch of…

http://images1.browardpalmbeach.com/imager/u/745xauto/7160756/10599468_635738409867483_4680088981609397576_n.jpg

:stuck_out_tongue:

You get a travel card if you are visiting as a tourist, not an oyster.

guys really? upgraded my english a lot but

on oyster, oyster and oyster… :joy:

No oyster? :stuck_out_tongue:

Here they just let the tourist figure it out on their own what they need to do to travel with public transportation :stuck_out_tongue:

[We use a plastic travel card, that we recharge with more money to travel with.]

We are stuck at the past, they refuse to make everything electronic. No cards, plain old paper tickets.

The electronic cards aren’t that great, really. The elderly don’t understand how they work.

A loose travel card is E 7,50. The traveler has to deposit 20 euro on it. That’s just a deposit to be able to check into the train, but a trip could be maybe 10 bucks on itself. So that means the travel has to put at least 30 bucks.

When the check-in/out booths malfunction, one can risk losing their travel money forever. Sure they tell you to contact the headquarters for a refund. Who will then direct you to a website where you have to fill in a form. And because there are never enough check in/out booths than there are people during travel jam, there’s quite a line of people just to get off a certain train station or out of a tram or bus.

There’s a small group who still have an old fashioned discount card. I am one of those people. This only means that instead of 20 euro, I have 10 euro as a deposit on the card and I get 40% off on train travels.

It’s still expensive, though. Even with that discount.

We never had that problem with simple paper tickets. A lot of us prefer to have those back.

1 Like

Most people don’t understand how they work :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

LOL, yeah hardly anyone understands it :stuck_out_tongue:

I could explain it to you but I’d bore you to death :laughing:

I’m so tired of all my orders getting lost. Our post services suck.

1 Like