What grinds your gears?

so my dear rob, it sucks and pisses me off,that you continue to complain about my english…
tonight I have a personal translater with me (of the american nationality.) :wink:

What do you mean continue? I’ve only mentioned it once or twice.

Whatever it is, @The_early_walker’s ‘Walkerheit’ (whatever she calls it) language is getting to us. Actually the word “vomitation” doesn’t exist:

1 Like

Spontaneous turn of events:

You know what? This is a sudden and whimsical thing, but after some research, I just now dropped some doe on several pieces of home studio equipment. I remembered that the last time I went through severe depression, I carried myself through it by composing and recording my own music. But I never had a good setup or was really savvy about the producing process. Hell, I just had my guitar playing tracks floating alone without any rhythm section on most songs! This time I’m going to do it right: I ordered an audio interface, a Shure SM58 mic for vocals, recording headphones, and (most exciting) an MPC studio black. I saw on youtube that Mike Shinoda has used MPCs a lot for making all sorts of crazy sounds and beats. I’m going to diligently learn how to use this stuff, and I’m going to finally do justice to my artistic muse. I’ll work out this shit through music.

I should probably be saving all my money for finishing college, but you know what? Just thinking about going back to making music (with more professional production) made some serious excitement flare up inside me. Like, butterflies in the stomach. Giddy as a schoolgirl! It’s the most excited I’ve been about anything in a long time! So I’m going to go forward with determination and channel all my angst, sadness, and despair into sound waves. I’ll sculpt these negative feelings into something that sounds cool.

I just wanted to let you guys know what I decided to do, and also that you kind of helped start the wheels in my head turning bout this (especially you, @Jabin_Quaken). Asking me about what’s wrong and all… it made me ask MYSELF, you know? You are all way too kind. And to someone like me who just showed up out of nowhere… I’m glad I decided on a whim to join LPU (For the longest time, the only thing from the band I had heard and loved was Reanimation, but I’ve really been getting into ALL of Linkin Park’s music lately, which is why I’m here).

Don’t get me wrong; I’m still a moody, gloomy biochemist (science IS a fascination of mine). But I shall harness my mood swings through my artsy side and hopefully produce some sick beats in the process.

2 Likes

this is so exciting to read! In turn, it excites me myself to work on music haha.
I’m looking forward to your future creations.

1 Like

I’m glad that you turned on. Get some charge and go on! Btw, my wife said that LP music was her support spot through heavy times.

Just keep going. We’ll wait some of yours here.

2 Likes

What’s a doe? For a moment i thought you spilled some weird chemical from the lab on your music-making equipment.

3 Likes

You are Great :blush: @Jabin_Quaken

LOL. There are a lot of crazy acronyms for chemical compounds with long names. Just yesterday I was working with some DTT (dithiothreitol) and DTNB (5,5′-Dithiobis(2-nitrobenzoic acid). No DOE though.

I WISH I could synthesize “DOE” in the laboratory. Then I wouldn’t have to worry about making a living.

Going back to this thread’s actual topic, I concur about the pockets in women’s jeans. Tiny pockets grind my gears for sure. Can’t even fit a smartphone in some of them! If you compare with the pockets of men’s jeans (I’ve worn both), it’s a ridiculous disparity. And I like walking around with my hands in my pockets, which can’t be done if there’s only room for thumbs. And when I walk around with only my thumbs in my pockets, I feel too conspicuous about it as my other fingers (and I have long fingers) are just left out in the open to sit against my hips awkwardly.

THIS MUST CHANGE.

Think your Way is crossing our for some reason! Good reason :v:

So @Synathidy what instruments do you play? Any harp, mb?

Thanks, @The_early_walker . I did nothing, though. Have a nice day all of ya!

1 Like

A female deer I think.

Well, I grew up playing alto saxophone from about age 10-18, playing in school symphonic and jazz bands, and even in my college’s jazz band for one semester. However, for the last ~8 yrs, I’ve purely been a self-taught guitarist (I became enamored with the iconic idea of playing electric guitar to make rock and metal music), building on the basic music theory I learned in school and just feeling out the instrument for myself. So currently, guitar is really my instrument.

But hopefully if I learn to use the MPC, I’ll be able to fashion a makeshift rhythm section to go with my guitar.

Also, I try to sing a bit, but … eh… I have no real vocal training and it’s a bit iffy. I can at least sing in tune, though.

Lol, not in this context though.

Yeah I know, you kinda missed the joke :stuck_out_tongue:

No, no, you were right. I traded some well-bred does I had been raising for the equipment. Guitar center takes either cash or deers, to the knowledge of few. Deer farming. Look into it, guys. Can pay for all your life’s expenses.

Deer can’t be that uncommon in Alaska anyway :laughing:

Yeah, we’ve got wild deer here, indeed. And there’s actually a reindeer farm literally a 10~15 minute walk from my house. Seriously.

1 Like

I know, it’s frustrating. :confused: Why can’t they understand that not all girls want to carry a bag? I mean, I’m one of the very few ones that only take my wallet and cell with me.

Also, on the guitar/music equipment topic, try Thomann. You can find pretty good stuff there, cheap too. And they tend to have some nice deals up.

1 Like