What grinds your gears?

The thing is, I’ve been looking into some of the virus stuff lately and things just don’t add up for me yet. Curious, have you heard of the terrain theory, as opposed to the germ theory?

It was! :joy:

1 Like

Huh? I might have but I dunno the word

1 Like

My main issues are we should have worn masks to prevent the spread. Not allow the spread and kill thousands, and then say, oh hey, mask up everyone. Then there’s people not wearing masks so me being the only one makes it pointless… Unless I’m the only infected person in town :woman_shrugging: and if I am I shouldn’t be going out, sporting a funky mask and coughing into it. No. Stay the fuck home. Furthermore, people wearing masks incorrectly or ignoring social distancing because they’re wearing a mask now. All is well, we have masks, let’s hug! Lastly, some masks are completely the wrong type which renders them useless. I have many issues with masks but I still wear them, because I’m socially compelled to! :mask:

2 Likes

Terrain means surface, or in this case used to describe the internal environment of the body. Here’s a quick comparison of the two theories:

1 Like

Well… let’s just say that in case of covid, your greater homeostasis might kill you as well because of the cytokine storm (condition which is determinated by the outcome of HLA genes afaik. Basically, the immune reaction is so strong it kills both you and the virus) and let’s not forget that a lot of viruses are gaptenes which means that immune system can’t catch the particle instead it attacks the cell it’s adsorbed on

And btw, do you want to stress-check your homeostasis by getting infected which might cause a lethal outcome ? I wouldn’t want to

Another point - you might not suffer from the virus while hosting and spreading it. Which might kill some people around you. Doesn’t sound too good, is it ?

1 Like

So in this case, it’s not the virus that’s the cause of death, but the (imbalanced?) immune system?

Not really, though chances of dying from this virus are pretty close to zero for any age group, as far as I know.

See my previous point.

In a nutshell, both the virus and the instability of immune system. Not every single virus can cause a cytokine storm(otherwise a lot of people would die from anything!). There are a lot of factors that can lead to such a pathology , including the virus type, it’s type of contacting with cells, the activity of immune system and it’s organs, nutrition, genetic, basic state of your health etc etc. Covid can cause a cytokine storm, a simple cold cannot.

1 Like

But still ways and ways higher than chances of dying from colds/flu/etc

1 Like

When we have to suffer thanks to the ignorance of others. That’s one thing I don’t like.

4 Likes

Well, that’s how the world works unfortunately.

2 Likes

That’s exactly why the argument of ‘‘well I didn’t know’’ can never be valid.

Sometimes I forget that the way to do things right is to do things by myself. I mean, a month ago the dude who’s responsible for putting us in contact with the topographic anatomy teacher AND administrations had asked us if we want to keep our teacher for the second semester of the subject(so he would ask the admins to keep the teacher). We sad “OK”. Has he written it during the month? What’s your guess? OF COURSE NOT. Damn, I should’ve get the situation done. And yes, we’ve got one of the worst variants of a teacher possible…

So that’s why I probably won’t appear on plug on wed @theearlywalker. Got to study for Thursday

2 Likes

Oh man :roll_eyes::grimacing: that sounds like a bad start. According to my experience it’s always the best to cross check things when other ppl are in response and the result has an effect on me… sending you strength :muscle:t2::tomato: :hugs::hugs:

1 Like

How to write your dissertation:

• Step 1: Buy a 20m long ethernet cable.

Seriously though, this is the last thing I needed now. We dropped our fibre provider a month ago because of their ridiculous prices that keep going up. I was having issues where it kept disconnecting me anyway, so I was alone on the other connection which is copper (part of our phone plan). They finally cut our service for the fibre yesterday, that meant every device in the house is now on the copper that I was using alone.

The above pic is the result (it’s typically in the 30s for DL), but now I’m having connection reliability issues like I was on the fibre. It keeps disconnecting me every 15 mins. It’s not an issue with my laptop, because it was fine until everyone else joined this router.

So now I’m going to run a 20m cable from the living room downstairs to my desk in my room.

3 Likes

Stay strong :muscle:t2:- when is deadline for the dissertation?

1 Like

As you know, I installed the cable earlier today so it’s fine now. Dissertation is due on the 15th, but I want to send a draft so my supervisor can look over a couple of bits and I want to send it to some friends for proof-reading. I’m aiming to have the first draft finished by today / early tomorrow.

2 Likes

Wow! That’s a good plan! Good flow !! After that Rob, are you a graduated engeneer then? Uni time over?

In theory, yes. Though I’ll be staying behind for a bit to finish off some society business and help them set up for the coming academic year.

2 Likes

We have two cable out the window of my room with the router, going up the wall by two floors and into the window of my sons room. Works just fine :grin:

OT
Screenshot_20200908-103806_Samsung Internet

:sleepy: now that I want to sleep badly, some beaner outside turned the music up hellaaaaa loud :expressionless::rage:
It’s 3am PENDEJO

Ima stick my speaker out the window and blast OSC if it don’t stop soon :skull:

3 Likes