What grinds your gears?

I’ve only seen it once or twice here, but I know it’s a thing. You’d be walking up a street and it’d be 21, 23, 25, Sea View, 29, 31… It looks so stupid.

I’m surprised how much effort you put into this! Really great!!!
Here we already have a lot of jokes, about the non effort of the delivery persons.
Today, you get a notification per mail, when your package will arrive. In a way of saying: tomorrow between 8 a.m. and 14 p.m. (modern house arrest for adults)
And yeah, there are great guys! Wait long enough, you can jump into clothes and open the door or depositing it with your neighbours. But there are a lot who put a card into your letterbox if you aren’t at the door in 10 seconds.
(You know, the kids that liked to bell prank? They are all delivery guys today.)
And then you have to get your package from a packing station. Not earlier then the next day. And you need an id to get it, if you send someone else, he needs authorisation, the card isn’t enough.
For german post, the packaging station is close, ca. 2 km, in a pat food store. But for UPS I have to go all the way into the city.
Long story :joy:
What did I wanted to say with it? :thinking:
Great job you do!

2 Likes

I’m only delivering food, not mail. Mail would be a lot more work, but I feel it’d be easier to deal with person-to-person

1 Like

Oh, food. Sorry, then my whole answer was crap. :joy:
That let me wonder! People know you are coming and they are hungry! Weird!
Could it be, that people now adays order online, no opportunity to give some hints.
Hm, no reason to not switch the light on.
Ok, sigh, just a lot self involved idiots out there. :frowning_face:

There’s an area when they place the order online to give specific directions where to go, but yeah, it’s mostly idiots that only care about themselves. I’ve got tons of stories of morons I’ve interacted with.

For example, there was a house I was delivering to late at night, didn’t have their lights on. I can vaguely see their walkway to the front door in the dark, so I walk to it, and nearly fall on my face.

I don’t know how common these things are, but they are little interconnecting stones that are used for decoration, they were being used to line the path to their door on each side, but for some reason (maybe their kids screwing with them?) they were moved completely off the path. With the lights off, I couldn’t tell they were moved or even there to begin with, so I tripped over them

(artist’s rendition)

3 Likes

Sorry to hear! :flushed:
Still sounds funny :laughing: :grimacing:
What :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

1 Like

So, we haven’t received any mail since the Friday of last week over here. I am not sure if something is up because of the virus or if something has gone terribly wrong and all my orders are lost. It is driving me insane.

I don’t know about mail, but my Amazon and Ebay orders have been coming in fine.

Amazon is not delivering non essential goods here, you gotta wait more than a week. I am concerned about royal mail though… my flatmate got her delivery in about 10min ago (5 days later than estimated) but nothing for me.

@Lilyope :hugs::yellow_heart:

I’ll try tmr again

2 Likes

Oh, I had this a few days ago too.
Didn’t tried it again so.

1 Like

Yeah i had it too, but i waited like 20minutes, trying to update the website and i successed to enter it at 9.20pm !

1 Like

This what is making me mad. I can’t really go out to the store to get stuff we need. Like bathroom paper and water. I go to the store and get something we need everyone takes everything and there nothing lift for other people that need it too. . It suck because of the covid 19 people are are being selfish and taking all the stuff that we need that people just working for

1 Like

I just found out I might not get the $1,200 stimulus check because I was filed as a dependent under my mom even though I filed single as an independent and I am a taxpayer they should get the $1,200 stimulus check, and millions of colleges students won’t get one for the same reason .

You don’t get it for the other reason that they base it on taxes from 2018 which I believe you might not have had…
You won’t get the 1200 but they aaaare including some other measures to give you something at least, I think they were saying 600…better than nothing :grimacing:

They’re going on your 2019 taxes if they are filed already which mine are , if not the 2019 are not filed there going on you 2018. And the only thing I could find about partial payments are for people making more than 75,000 dollars

Oh yeah you said you did them already this year…
yeah the partials die down the more you make but there’s a separate provision for low income
I’ll look it up when I’m home but there should be from what I remember them saying

1 Like

Screenshot_20200401-162425_Chrome

This what I meant

Since my mom apparently filled as a head of household I am considered adult dependent

Ahhh ok she filed you as a dependent
Yeah but then she should in theory get it for you :thinking: wasn’t it 500 for dependents?
Ask her to give you your portion :joy:

Also…states have different rules to it too and different support systems

Is $500 for a child under 17

I think it should be $500 for all dependents atleast
So we each got something,