What grinds your gears?

I finally caught whatever virus was going around my family last week. :expressionless:

That sucks! Get well soon! :hugs:

1 Like

We can shake hands, it got to me today as well

1 Like

You too! :flushed:
Get well soon, Rick! :hugs:

1 Like

Get well soon guys! :hugs::pray:

1 Like

Thank you @anna834 @Lilyope! :hugs:

2 Likes

Get well soon @the_termin8r and @rickvanmeijel !! :muscle:

Also… don’t spread the virus here… :mask: :rofl:

2 Likes

Get well soon, guys!

1 Like

Hope it will pass quickly and you guys feel better asap :muscle:t2::hugs:

1 Like

Thanks @lpfan61 @melisLP @theearlywalker! Was already feeling a bit better today

3 Likes

So, we have this group assignment to prep for Thursday afternoon and we decided to meet up early that day to do it (it’s a small 5min long max presentation that we are not getting a grade for) and today they freaking emailed us asking to send them the actual PowerPoint by 10am on Thursday! Ugh!

The uni life, it’s to make sure people actually submit and don’t pull the ‘oh we forgot it’ card or the ‘my usb stick is damaged’ stunt or anything like that. It kind of makes sense when you think of it. I had a teacher last year who wanted presntations like a week in advance or when we were actually presenting.

What happens when you don’t have time though? I’m working and can’t meet everyone else another day, same goes for some other people. They should have at least mentioned it last week in class.

It really strikes me how different and serious uni is here compared to Greece. I almost feel like I don’t even have a “higher education” anymore.

Work over whatsapp or other chats if you have to. You said it’s a 5 min presnetation. That would mean about 10-12 slides. If it’s ~5 people in a group it would mean about 2 slides per person. If everyone finishes their slides by Tue or mid Wed, you can allocate one person to edit together the whole presentation and submit it, then they send it around to everyone. After that it’s a matter of meeting on Thu to go for a practice run if you feel you need it.

I can’t really speak for that, but you are comparing Eastern Europe to the civilised world here.

As of right now, we have a rough sketch on a shared google docs. We will put everything together tomorrow before class, work on it during lunch break and hopefully submit it by the end of the day.

That’s true but damn, I honestly feel stupid. And the amount of reading! We’re talking between 250-350 pages per week. I definitely don’t have time for that.

1 Like

I told you, if the uni workload increases (as it is doing), you need to drop work, regardless of whether you’re part time or not. Don’t sabotage yourself. I’m so glad there wasn’t compulsory reading in my course. I was saying in plug the other evening that I somehow made it through the bachelors without opening a textbook once. I’m still surprised by it.

You’ll get a handle on it soon enough, there’s always an adjustment period.

1 Like

I didn’t even realise you’re going to uni @evooba. But like @the_termin8r says, it’s best to drop work if things get busier, you don’t wanna start falling behind schedule. Good luck :slight_smile:

1 Like

To be fair, after talking with people today, everyone is a bit confused and still trying to figure out a routine. It should all fall into place. I can’t quit my job, even if I’m drowning in coursework, I need to have at least a day there.

But yeah @rickvanmeijel, I started my masters 2 weeks ago.

2 Likes

@the_termin8r and @rickvanmeijel hope you are feeling better

@evooba I hope it went well!

2 Likes

I am, thank you! :blush:

1 Like