What grinds your gears?

Amazon and Ebay are pretty easy, I also get CDs on good deals from HMV a lot of the time.

1 Like

Fopp as well has pretty awesome deals. But I don’t think they have an online store.

And, I ended up replying. I don’t want it to be chaos when I’m back tomorrow.

2 Likes

German TELEKOM :rage::rage::rage: these retards are not able to provide the new house with internet - I’m only [spoiler]PISSED[/spoiler]

1 Like

Like never?:flushed:

Telecom, the one firm I already wrote hate letters to.
Happy to live in a flat that is provided with kabel.

1 Like

Isn’t there another company that can provide that?

1 Like

They just abuse their power since due to their former monopoly they are the ones who owe most of the hardware (cable and switch boxes ) they have to provide the house first line- if the hardware is done you can choose any provider but it looks like they installed a very weak kind of cable and the signal is not able to be strong enough for ISDN :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: kinda worst possible case…

I so can understand your rage.
Sorry!!

1 Like

What if you bought mobile internet dongles as a temporary solution?

Also, more news of Spotify woes. Tried offline listening on my phone for the first time while I was on the train to uni. All my albums show as downloaded, they even donloaded twice for some reason. Got on the train, opened Spotify in offline mode, got greeted by a nice little message saying I had no music downloaded for offline listening. Isn’t Spotify amazing? And all for a nice price. :grinning:

1 Like

This…
I had to use a service provider that was a usb for a while for the same reason :no_mouth:expensive and not the best but temporary was ok

1 Like

Thanx for caring :blush::hugs: I really appreciate this a lot - and I have this mobile VPN network atm- it’s ok but really expensive…

1 Like

IMG_20190620_114439

This
@theearlywalker there isn’t some sort of competition comission to write a letter about their tactics? Or consumers advocate?? There has to be something to make them replace the wires and get the company of your choice…

5 Likes

This is another reason why I despise spiral notebooks, not only are they a pain to write in, but they fall apart really easily as well.

2 Likes

I used all my hate to tight them !!! It doesn’t need strength! It needs hate!

They work for me unfortunately, because I don’t always write on a desk and they lay flat…
( I was waiting for my daughter to finish her handball training and I was studying spanish, taking notes required this stupid notebook! )

1 Like

Aaarg!:rage:
Sorry. I have to rant a little! :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

They put my old flat back on the market.:japanese_ogre:

I lived in an old, cheap, draughty, poorly soundproven, bathroom in the dungeons, three storey apartment. It was perfect. Common rooms downstairs, first floor fo my flatmate and second for me and the kids.
Two years ago, the housing company kicked us out.
And not only us, the whole block had to go. My sweet, old neighbours, they had lived there for 47 years, it was truly their home. Everyone had to, so it could be renovated.

Sure, I also have to say, they were very helpful, finding me a new place. And I really love my cozy, small apartment.

But what would they do now with the renovated place?
Double the price!
And that’s what upsets me!
The housing company had three takeovers and name changes in the seven years I lived under them.
They do a little window dressing and double the price.
And that’s something that happens all over the country. Affordable living spaces are shrinking by the minute. But sure as hell aren’t there any less people who are in need of a payable roof.

Screenshot_2019-06-19-12-13-53

Before and now

Screenshot_2019-06-19-12-11-17

Sorry. Normally I try not to rant about this not to change madness.
But I have to write it out of my system! :keyboard: :angry:

2 Likes

What the f… 1150ish euros for renting a house??? Oh my!!! Will they give it to you? After 15 years?? Because with that price for renting you might buy it too!!!
I can totally understand your frustration!!!

2 Likes

:joy::joy::joy::rofl:

Thats a good one.
Thanks!
Already better!

2 Likes

Glad I could help :grin:

1 Like

:scream: That’s so much!

1 Like

That’s a right bargain. My family lives in 4 bedroom house (they call it 4, but one of the rooms is so tiny it might as well be 3) with an extended kitchen, so not actually too big a house and we’re paying £2K (~€2250) /month. Our previous house was of a similar size (slightly smaller because it didn’t have the extra room) and we were paying £1.4K/month.

1 Like

That’s truly modern robbery - incredible- really sorry that you have to experience this… how do they say? “Money makes the world go around” - :expressionless:

News about my internet issues: I got another call - from the Telekom :expressionless::face_with_symbols_over_mouth: latest news: the main cable that provides the street I moved to two month ago- is FULL !!

:joy::joy::joy: baaahaha- full? I was like wtf?! The guy on the phone means: “yeah full- and there is no chance that we install a new bigger one if there are not min. 10 requests!”

Just to mention… the street here is not that big that there will be 10 requests by any chance for the next 100 years…

me: “can I get this as a written note?” ( to prove it to my landlord to cancel the contract for the house maybe) and this [spoiler]asshole[/spoiler] “no, we don’t do written notes” :boom::rage::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:… it’s really incredible… that made me feel helpless and I hate it to feel this way

So the solution for now is an LTE contract with vodafone - 200 GB per month - I booked it today … and I just pray that it will be enough since my daughter loves snapchat and Netflix…

Thanx for caring you guys, and @georkost :hugs::yellow_heart: it’s really good to feel support…

1 Like