What grinds your gears?

Netflix, youtube, spotify and any other streaming-type sites are your big enemies. You can set alarms on all your devices where they warn you when you reach a certain capacity (set by you).

1 Like

Thanx Rob :blush: Good to know about the alarms and yes- I know how they burn the data volume down - but there is an option- at least for Netflix- to set it on 300mb/hr- but still I just pray

@the_termin8r just watched for the London people to kick in, knew you would get it in perspective. :grin: :pleading_face:

@theearlywalker so sorry. That really sucks! And it’s so annoying that it happens at so many places. I can understand that you are thinking about moving out again. Arrg, that would suck! As I moved in here my son stayed with his father, till he had Internet. He has a mansard room under the roof and our apartment is downstairs. Best solution then was to hang a cable from window to window.
Really hope the 200GB will be enough!
Hug for you! :hugs:

Ps don’t have any likes right now

1 Like

Not sure how this is a lot for such a big house. We pay £1400 for ours and it’s alright for what it is (@the_termin8r has seen it). It’s a 3 bed flat (we have converted the 3rd bedroom to a living room cause it’s small) and a massive kitchen, decent bathroom, plenty of storage. And it’s fully renovated before we moved in.

It’s extortionate given what we were paying before and the condition of this one.

More than 1000 euro for rent? Unbelivable!!! :scream:

Here people rarely earn that much.

I live in a 2 bedroom / 1living room / 1 normal kitchen and we give 350 euros! Depends on country and city I guess… But the problem is not the amount of money ask, is that they doubled it up!

3 Likes

If you have a full time minimum wage job, your whole net pay would be the rent.
And this block is not up town, as my kids call it, it’s Getto. No one around here can afford this.
So there are incoming people with more money, the company starts to renovat the next block.
But for the people they push out, there isn’t really much left.

Edit: not true. The additional costs, heat, water, electricity are coming on top of that (~min. 300 euro)

(still no likes)

1 Like

Agreed

You know what grinds my poopies? The fact that I changed my images like weeks ago AND I STILL SEE JOHN CENA!!! @derek make it happen

2 Likes

There seem to be more peeps with this issue- @NoireXJasper tried same with no success… at least you’re not alone :rabbit:

2 Likes

The UK is just stupidly expensive with everything.

It is different everywhere, indeed. Also, I agree with Rob. The UK is damn expensive in general.

1 Like

Got a call from work, our entire systems are down and they didn’t know what to do. Told them to call IT and see what happens. Apparently it’s a major problem and they’ll send an engineer in tomorrow morning. Of course all this happens when a) my manager is on holidays and b) it’s my day off. :frowning:

1 Like

You just can’t catch a break.

Seems like it. Also, bad thing is they couldn’t end the day so I cannot open tomorrow if the engineer doesn’t come early to solve the problem so I can End last night’s figures. It’s such a mess.

I want to change pfp and nick because I wanted to >.<

Update: It appears that the entire system is broken and they can’t do anything before Monday. We’re basically screwed.
Oh, and the money counter machine broke down as well so we need to count everything by hand.

Damn that sounds like a bad situation. So they still want to be open regardless?

Oh yeah, we opened! It was brutal at the end. Too much money to count, crazy math figuring stuff out. We somehow managed though, should be alright tomorrow.

2 Likes