What grinds your gears?

There is no internet connection in our building and i need it to work. I asked my boss if we could go home and work at home, and she answered that at least one person have to stay in the office (even if nobody come to our office these days).

I find it soooooo stupid. So i decided to stay at work and do nothing all day (because I don’t have internet connection).

3 Likes

Oh no!! That sucks! Is anyone coming to fix it?

1 Like

Yes they fixed it.

4 Likes

That sucks, but glad to hear it’s fixed @Lilyope

1 Like

If you’ve got a large amount of (or unlimited) mobile data you can temporarily setup a hotspot on your phone for yourself.

@the_termin8r I tried but it didn’t work. I think too many people were trying to do it.

1 Like

Glad it’s fixed @Lilyope!
Having someone on your team at work who finds problems but, does nothing to fix them. Just makes a comment to get credit for doing something with it that day. No extra step for resolution. :face_with_raised_eyebrow::rage: Oh, and having cream spilled all over my lunch bag in the work cooler.

3 Likes

When life throws you a cooler full of cream, you toss strawberries in there and shake :upside_down_face::grimacing:

Hang in there! :hugs:

4 Likes

Oo. Must get a shake tomorrow. Thanks. It’s just annoying. :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Was gonna say that cause my bro does the same. Internet connection is prob at my home all the time… too slow. He uses his mobile data. Well good to know it is fixed now :slightly_smiling_face:

So, for those that don’t know, every night, I’m responsible for locking up the house my work is at (setting alarms, etc).
The house belongs to the council (cause it is inside a park) and my company has a contract with them that basically allows us to use some of the rooms.
For the past 2 weeks, the main doors has had issues and we’ve been reporting them. 5 days ago someone broke their key in the top lock of said door so only the bottom one was usable. 3 days ago, because of that problem, the bottom lock started having issues making it too hard to lock/unlock.
TONIGHT MY KEY GOT STUCK IN THE FREAKING LOCK. I’m talking seriously stuck, like not moving.

After spending 20min trying to pull/push it out with whatever we could, we called security, the council (including the emergency number) AND the freaking park manager and NO ONE PICKED UP THE DAMN PHONE. I called my manager after but honestly he couldn’t do anything, he didn’t have any other number that we could call. We ended up finding someone that works at the park and they basically came and pulled the entire door apart to take my key out. That took another half hour.
BUT because I actually have to secure the building, they had to use my other key and leave it in the lock (the top one that’s broken). They said tomorrow morning someone actually has to break the door in order to get in.
So crazy!! People are just stupid and don’t care anymore when we report problems. I wasted an hour of my evening dealing with this. I was so pissed off!!

(Sorry for the super long post)

2 Likes

Oh! [spoiler]fuck[/spoiler]! I can hear you cursing!
Wish you … I don’t know, maybe :wine_glass: or something else calming. It’s behind you now! Have a nice evening!

2 Likes

:scream: that really sucks!

@the_termin8r call your dad and help her fix all that :poop: ! That’s a job for someone who knows what to do… :triumph:

2 Likes

I can’t, he’s currently got a client. I don’t know if he’s got any clients afterwards (hopefully not since he needs to recover) and I doubt a council will hire him since they have their own companies. It just sounds like a lock replacement job (or a door replacement at a worst case scenario), he’d do it in under a day (not counting time to draft and estimate and find parts, which should be quick too), but it just won’t happen. I’m also hedging my bets on whoever comes to fix it, taking more than a day to do the actual job.

On another note, getting my sleep pattern back in order is a pain, I’ve been in bed for an hour and can’t fall asleep. :expressionless:

1 Like

Yeah :expressionless:

Hope you fall asleep soon :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

It was a thing to be, of c , :frowning: that bad with key stuck inside

you mean… the 4 hours one?

No, the go to bed at 0300 and wake up at 1300 one.

1 Like

Oh no that’s crazy! I hope everything got sorted out. As always, as you already know, loads of strength to you

1 Like

Update: My manager texted me, they replaced the door/locks today and because I obviously cannot get in tomorrow morning I will start later! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I have to say, I’m surprised at the speed.

1 Like