What grinds your gears?

But they make me use MLA

The most I ever clocked was 13 earlier this year on an assignment that was 100% research.

We need to show we have done a lot of reading around our area to show we are ‘experts’ in it. So that we also have unbiased views and have taken everyone’s theory into account including criticisms. Mind you, I’m still not an expert in anything I have written so far :joy: :joy:

1 Like

I leave that bit for the reader to decide, for the lit rev, I put the reference at the very start where I introduced the text and that was it.

1 Like

That’s good. For us it’s structured differently. We have to justify everything including why we chose a certain questionnaire over others

1 Like

That’s what you have to do for all papers because they think the more sites or books you use the better , I actually get an F on a paper for only having 8 sources when they needed 10 this was last year when I was taking an stupid 2 hour college class

1 Like

Sorry to hear that. Let me give you a little trick. When you find what you are looking for in your book/article, it will be referenced from somewhere else as well. Quickly look up those references and check them to see if it’s relevent to your work and add them in as extras. It’s not always possible to find so many in a limited amount of time, so I found this the easier way of doing it.

I should add though that in uni they will start to look for more current journals. So only ones from the past 3 years or so

1 Like

I haven’t thought of that, that’s good.

1 Like

Hey it happeneds it’s a part of life

Thank you for the tip I can really use it

That’s why I can’t do it because of the time frame and I had other stuff to do as well

1 Like

My undergrad prof taught us this. It’s brilliant and gives you so much more backing in a short amount of time

Good Luck with all your future writings!

1 Like

And also wishing you luck on your papers Rob

1 Like

Joining back from today. :slightly_smiling_face: I am sending strength to everyone… who have gone thro hard time or have incurred some losses. Won’t reading all post rn… they are 300+ it’d take me ages doijg for every thread. Much love to all :heart::heart::revolving_hearts:

5 Likes

Nice to have you back dear and sending love to you form my side :heart::hugs::heart::hugs::heart::hugs::heart:

1 Like

Wanted to post a quick update. I still only have 4 references, but I have 18 figures and counting, 10 tables and counting and I don’t know how many appendices as I haven’t added them yet, but my guess is a minimum of 7. One of the appendices will be 30 or so pages of just code. :joy:

1 Like

too big :sweat_smile:

Thank you sooo much @StephLP18 :smiley: :heart: Its awesome to be back as welll!!

I never knew how much it bugs me until recently (not that I’ve ever had this problem lol)

But we hire temporary people when it gets busy at my work…The one temp sits right behind me. Nice guy and all - a little odd, but aren’t we all? -

The problem is… he has horrible body oder!! I’m at the point of buying an air freshener that can clip to my fan… that or chucking body spray at him like a grenade :joy:

2 Likes

:scream: :nauseated_face:

go ahead lol

1 Like

Very tempted to :joy::joy:

1 Like

I had a friend that NEVER washed his clothes. He would shower an wear the same dirty clothes and he’s a garbage truck driver.