What grinds your gears?

Because our timetables are idiotic. Also lecturers have other classes too.

Yeah, happened to me as well. Though not that bad,if compared to coming from parents with heavy packages and finding out that the elevator is out of order… 16-th floor.

1 Like

Only in Eastern Europe does the lift of a 10+ floor flat break constantly. The one in our flat in Bulgaria was going wrong too. But surprisingly not as often as it could have.

It was ok till some sh*t-heads have burnt it couple of years ago.

@hilaryfol
Thank you for sharing your testimony and bless you for your faith. For those willing to believe it, God can do great things. It’s always nice to meet up with fellow Christians wherever :slight_smile:

What’s nice about these forums, is that everybody has their own views in life and nobody seems to treat each other differently because of it.

3 Likes

Well I’m really pissed off about racism right now.

My poor mother, who happens to be black, came home in tears tonight after visiting a grocery store. She bought groceries which she paid for of course at the register and discovered later that she forgot a product, so she went back inside. She paid at the same register for the other product and then this store clerk comes to her and yells at her that she is a thief and that she should show the insides of her shopping bags. When I called the customer service of this store, they said that it was my mom’s own fault…

The thing is, I rock blond hair these days and so apparently I look more like a white person. And if I would’ve done the same thing my mother did, I would’ve never gotten yelled at the way my mom got yelled at. This is pure discrimination!

update

I called the store and they didn’t even deny it and told me to file my complaint online. So I went to their official Facebook page instead and posted it publicly for all to read. Turns out there are more customers of color who have experienced the same thing!

I am furious!

6 Likes

Good for you for blasting them. This racism stuff has no place anywhere.

1 Like

:rage: what a bloody bast*** :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: I just feel hot rage rn after reading your post @gatsie I had the honour To meet your mom and she is one of the heartliest and warmest persons that I’ve ever met in my life. Although she saw me for the first time, she treated me like a daughter- hug her from myside and I hope this shop clerk gets what he deserves! Is it a chain? Maybe contact the public relations department with ur complaint - really- it makes me so mad :angry:

Edit: yeah! Well done sis :hugs:

3 Likes

These idiotic idiots!!! (To be polite…) :rage: :rage: give your mum a biiiig sunny warm hug and say her that there are people who care for you!!! :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :sun_with_face:

2 Likes

@theearlywalker
Awww, thank you my dear sister! Your kind words made my mother blush. She wishes you and your daughter all the best and sends her greetings :hugs: :slight_smile: :heart:

@lpfan61 & @melisLP Racism sucks man and makes me so mad. Especially when it hurts the people I love. Thank you guys :slight_smile: :hugs:

4 Likes

Disgusting people, they don’t deserve any customers this way. Good thing you posted it on their Facebook. I hope your mom is okay

1 Like

:blush::kissing_heart::heart: it’s like I feel her and our days so near rn! So great memories! And we stll have to celebrate her b-day here in Germany- remember?!! :tada: Giuli is sending her greets too - and hug your bro too!

1 Like

That is awful @gatsie and I am so sorry your mother had to go through this. Sending her warmth and love. I am glad you made a public comment on facebook, because that’s the best way to get them.

It’s easy to see that since she raised a daughter like Gatsie!

1 Like

@theearlywalker
Those are good memories indeed! And yes!! We do still need to set up a date to celebrate in Germany!! Mom and brother would love to see you both again too :slight_smile:

@AJ_7
You’re too kind! And yeah, unfortunately to be able to get companies like this to take action is by slandering them publicly. I

@rickvanmeijel
From a well known store like this I never would’ve expected such a thing. My mom is doing better now, thanks :slight_smile:

The kind words from all of you also help :slight_smile: Thanks guys! You guys are awesome :heart:

5 Likes

They deserve all the slandering they get thrown at :rage: that feeling sucks crap…worst part is when you argue back there’s always people that have no clue what’s going on and automatically take sides
Hopefully it gets proven we’re all descendants from dark skin ancestors muahaha I’d like to see idiots’ faces then
Hugs to your momma from the other side of the pond :slight_smile: I’m sure she’s above all those people everywhere it truly counts

5 Likes

Going to work and it cold outside but going in the kitchen and it feels like outside because someone have the window open because they are hot it was nice and warm in the kitchen. I have very low iron .

My group design project is driving me insane. Especially my team, I’ve been doing pretty much everything myself. I calculated that I’ve done 36.9% of all of the work so far. That doesn’t sound like a big figure, but we’re 5 in a group and if everyone was contributing evenly it would be 20% each. Instead the others are at 21%, 15.8%, 15.8% and 10.5%.

If I listed everything I’ve done against what they’ve done it becomes more obvious.

What I’ve done ( :stuck_out_tongue: ) :
-Arranged group communication
-Been communicating with our mentor
-Been arranging group and mentor meetings
-Been doing other group scheduling
-Been writing up weekly reports
-Been responsible for group progress monitoring
-Wrote up the group skills matrix
-Helped decided the group roles with one of the others
-Checked over the other things that the others have submitted

Not to mention I’ve been elected group leader and I’ve stuck my neck out for a couple of them multiple times. We’ve had 2 lab sessions so far and only one other guy came to one of them.

What they’ve done as a whole:

-Possibly some research (I know one of them has done a bit, no clue about the others since they don’t tell me anything when I ask them).
-Helped fill out their part of the skills matrix (they gave me a dozen numbers between 1 and 5 to enter)
-One of them did the group Gantt chart
-One of them did the group SWOT analysis (I won’t bother explaining what that is, it’s not even engineering specific)

The fault is partially my own for not giving them as much work as I could have, but considering that they’re not really doing what I’ve given them now, I’m not going to give them something important that will end up getting us all told off if it isn’t done properly or on time.

You know the most annoying thing? We were told that if we have a bad group member who is just bringing the group down we should just “deal with them.” :rage: If this was the workplace the idiot of the group would get fired or in trouble.

Group work is the absolute worst! And yeah unfortunately the professors aren’t willing to help in any way either. Since there is not much I can say to make you feel better, I hope this picture gives you a laugh
images%20(1)

7 Likes

So far we’ve had 4 group projects (2 each year) and I only worked well with my group for the first one this year. Why? Because we got to pick who we work with, I grouped up with my friends who know what they’re doing.

Also that chart is wrong, I just have trust issues in general :stuck_out_tongue: .

I personally find it easier to work with strangers rather than friends. It’s easier to handle because you can be tough with them.

Lol well, after group work your trust issues won’t get better, believe me!

This was sent to me while I was doing my project

IMG-20170324-WA0000

5 Likes