What grinds your gears?

I thought I was the only one that noticed! LOL, what a stupid thing to add.

1 Like

At first I thought it was just the buses in Uxbridge but I just got one in my area and it was doing it too.

It’s almost all of them by now.

That’s nothing compared to Dutch public transport. After the train leaves, an AI voice reminds passengers inside to check in using their card. Thing is, you always have to check in at the station before getting on the train.

Also, it’s not uncommon for the voice to announce the wrong station, which results in confused faces :joy:

When a train pulls up at a station it tells you what station it is which one is next and where the train terminates; then it tells you to mind the gap, then it tells you which station is next again and where the train terminates again. It tells you which station is next and where the train terminates just before you get to it. And this happens on every station. I have 9 stations to uni in the morning and about 15 on the way back… every day.

I only ever experienced one instance of the wrong station being announced. The system was sleeping or something and wasn’t talking then it woke up and started babbling non stop until it caught up to where the train was. It took it about 2 train stops to catch up.

I’ve noticed that the messages are different from line to line because they use different trains of varying ages but the Metropolitan line is bloody annoying. The Jubilee less so.

Hahaha oh well… at least we’ve got decent transport right

Seriously - Talking Transport? REALLY? I remember trains announcing next stops - but why do you need the rest of the rubbish. “The bus is about to move”??? D’oh…I should think so too…it’s got multiple wheels…far out…who thinks of this crap?

I thought that was just an air travel thing.

So glad in NZ the only thing that talks is the driver - and that’s usually when he’s saying thanks in response to your thanks!

1 Like

Announcing stops and the destination is good, not everyone knows where exactly they need to get off. But everything else is unnecessary.

2 Likes

My goddamn colds returned.

When someone lie to you and don’t tell the truth

1 Like

It is, but it’s not difficult to look at the timing board on the platform or the front of the train or out of the window of the train. The non stop talking gets annoying, especially when you have to listen to it regularly for several years.

3 Likes

I always have my music on so I don’t listen to that stuff. But announcing stations is good as not everyone is paying attention to what stations are there and how many stops we already had.

2 Likes

Right now the buses being so late arriving to the main statation and if it’s late arriving it could be up to a hour for the next one and it’s been happening a lot more because if the weather we have been getting so hopefully when we get nicer weather this will no longer be a problem

I have a lot that “grinds my gears”, probably more from other people than anything else. But I myself don’t really like to complain about things like that.

1 Like

Tagging Mike on twitter to assure him that he didn’t kill Chester… Will they ever leave him alone??? :woman_facepalming:

3 Likes

Tell Mike he don’t kill Chester and tell him that there are a thousand soilders that are willing to help you and if need us we will be there @georkost

He already knows… This thing they’re doing is harrassment… Accusing him should be illegal…

3 Likes

Why are they even saying that Mike is one of the nicest person I know

1 Like

I saw it yesterday too. I can’t believe people are still trying to say he did it. It’s disgusting.

1 Like

You are so right @melissa320 people saying that are so wrong about Mike

2 Likes