What book are you reading right now?

:unamused:

1 Like

:joy: it was funny to come back and see my last two posts on here hehe

Alas, on topic- reading City of Bones since yesterday :nerd_face::grin:
Want to finish the book before watching the movie :crazy_face:

Itā€™s nice one!! I read long back I donā€™t remember ending a bitā€¦

This is rn. I started reading 2 days ago.

1 Like

Well, he kills Victorā€™s wife in the endā€¦ Itā€™s all rather tragic. Very beautifully written and horribly underrated by the modern take on Frankensteinā€™s monster :frowning_face:

IMG_20191124_133334103

1 Like

Just finished this one. The concept is nice, but I felt it was lacking something. Some parts were meh. But overall a good book if you like books that make you think

6133RXNXJiL

2 Likes

I was reading this book. Itā€™s an okay book, but very happy to see LP references in there! The protagonist mentions going to a concert and the song Valentineā€™s day.

20191202_164725

4 Likes

Got this as a Xmas present for my manager. It was voted best book of the year, I hope itā€™s good! (I kind of want to read it myself)

2 Likes

I finished M Train by Patti Smith last night. Brilliantly written (though not as good as Just Kids). Started Fleaā€™s memoir and just now and look what was on the first page: one legend writing about another legend :ā€™)

2 Likes

Update: I finished Fleaā€™s book a few days ago. It was really good, I loved the fact that it was written completely (or almost) unedited, just the way heā€™d talk in real life. Gives you an idea of who he is as a person, and heā€™s so damn descriptive. Definitely worth a read!

Amongst others, I added these two to my to-read list, hopefully Iā€™ll manage to go through a couple on my holidays:

2 Likes

Finished this couple days ago, since @IllWill33 recommend it to me last year:
afbeelding

Opened up my eyes to the importance of sleep and how it affects our health if we skip it. Also includes tips on how to improve your sleeping habits (@the_termin8r interested? :smile:)

Definitely recommend it, since itā€™s written in an easy to understand way despite the used terminology and studies being explained.

2 Likes

I know how important sleep is, I also know how to improve my pattern. Itā€™s just that a lot of the time I have no choice lol. Granted, over the holidays, itā€™s all on me, but during term-time, Iā€™m usually swamped with work.

I understand. Thought of you because I remember how we discussed our sleeping patterns a while back. Sometimes Iā€™m swamped as well, but I rarely let that get in the way of my sleeping routine. Health is more important :slight_smile:

1 Like

Iā€™m always swamped. Iā€™ve currently got my masters dissertation to be doing, a group project, studying for an exam on the 8th and society duties (a range of things too long to list). I go back to uni on Mon, that means starting 4 new modules, continuing 2 others, finishing up a 3rd (this is not counting my dissertation as a module, which it is) and one of the new modules is actually another group project. This is also not counting studying for 5 or 6 final exams and any assignments that get dished out for modules in between.

When youā€™ve been exposed to this level or torment for over 3 years, you get used to it. :joy:

3 Likes

The finish line is in view! :tada:
You get this done! :muscle:

And then, move out, big bucks, nice car, wife, flat ā€¦
:joy:

2 Likes

Yes, do share the tips please! Sometimes I think everyone can struggle with sleep and itā€™s not always time limits but the stress of knowing everything you have to do that stops you switching off. Iā€™m more intrigued by the effects of dreams on reality. I need to read up on that.

Wishing everyone restful nights and wonderful dreams :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

That was me last semesterā€¦ damn, good luck! You can do it!! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Last term wasnā€™t as heavy for me. Just 4 modules (with assignments), my dissertation, a project, a bunch of society duties and the exam I have on Wed. Itā€™s why I could still afford to work on perosnal projects.

Iā€™d never get used to that, canā€™t believe youā€™re able to handle all that. In any case, good luck!

The list is too long to share here so Iā€™ll post a link: Matthew Walker - 12 Tips for Good Sleep - Author of Why We Sleep

The book actually does expand on the effects of dreams. but not for too long. If youā€™re just gonna explore dreams, I recommend checking out Carl Jungā€™s work, especially this book: Man and His Symbols - Wikipedia

1 Like

Iā€™m an engineer, mate :joy:. My secret is that I wave goodbye to my sleep and personal happiness. :rofl:

1 Like

Fair enough :joy: I feel sorry for you man

1 Like