To Any Independent Creative Artist

Ahhh bad @intheend

Definitely challenging. Lots of legalities. Tons of interviews and field research. Although, I wouldn’t mind being a traveling LP Head !

I’m still reading @jessicarister Taking longer from tooth and ear ache. :face_with_thermometer:

@chelsea25us Ouch sorry for the tooth ache. Yes, we need to work out all of that stuff before starting this project. I’m researching now how to go about it.

@intheend I don’t trust the internet. You should see the crap I saw about them, especially Chester. The book would put all that crap to rest, since it will be 100% truth, which requires lots and lots of research.

@samuel_the_leader Ok, I sent a letter to both sites asking how we would go about all of this. LPAssociation had a really good bio on all of the band member. We can use that as one of our resources.

Writing a biography about the band could be indeed an interesting challenge. How would we get permission for such a project, though? Just ask one of the bandmembers if they’d like us to write it for them? Or should it be a surprise which we could hand out once it’s done?

[curse autocorrect]

1 Like

Just ask us. We know about LP. No research needed.

1 Like

@gatsie @samuel_the_leader I just got word back from LP Live. They said, unless we were selling it we don’t need permission. The problem is I don’t know how we are going to do an official biography and pub!ish it without going that route. Let alone get it in stores. We could just write it and sign the rights to Linkin Park, that way there is no legal stuff to deal with. We are doing this for them, not for money.

1 Like

@intheend I have a 50 question qiuz I ask people to get to know them better. I could post it on here tonight if you like? We could always add or take away questions to it. It may be a good way to start some pre writing. The process is going to be slow.

1. Why does LP need to have an “official” biography book? I always found those pretty stupid.
  2. If you are indeed looking for information, I certainly do hope that none of you will dig into their private lives, it’d be inappropriate and disrespectful.
  3. We have From The Inside: Linkin Park’s Meteora already; it’s not a bio book, but it’s very well written and pretty funny.
3 Likes

@evooba I’ve read pretty well written biographys. We are not allowed to dig into their private lives without permission from the band members. I found that and some out of print books, but a lot of music readers look for the word official when looking for a book about the band. Sometimes unofficial biographies don’t have the right information.

Indeed, but just because we’re not allowed to it doesn’t mean people aren’t doing it. (Btw, don’t get me wrong, I just have very strong feelings about this matter).
As for the biography itself, I still don’t see the point. Everything anyone needs to know about a band or artist is out there, usually in their respective websites.

I’d rather read a book about a certain part of their career than a biography tbh. Then again, with internet and social media being in our every day life now, there’s no need for that either. It’s all there.

@evooba Maybe we shouldn’t put a label on it, just write positive things about the band, maybe something like the book you mentioned, just more up to date. We are fans who love them, not paparazzi scum. We don’t want to hurt them or add to the drama that is going around on the internet, which there is a lot of that. I am actually working on positive reviews for all of their albums, which has a short review for each song, I am going to be placing all over the internet. If you put enough positive information about them out there it can do nothing, but good for them.

If they ever did release another book like From The Inside, I’d love it, I tell you that. They’ve had a few ups and downs the last few years and it’d be nice to read about them from their perspective.

Good luck with this one you’re trying to write, another fan made book wouldn’t hurt for sure :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@evooba You read my mind. That is exactly the angle I think we should take.

This fundamental question not answered.

@samuel_the_leader Wow, that question was never answered. Simple questions like that should be easy to find.
You want to hear a basic question I asked Google and only found on a not so good resource. What is , insert band member’s name favorite color?

@samuel_the_leader @jessicarister The band was called Relative Degree (Brad, Mark and Rob only) back then, they changed their name after a show they played around May 1996. Xero came late 1996, early 1997 when Mike officially joined the band and so did Dave and Joe. Their first show as Xero was late 1997.

To answer your question, here is a quote from Mike: “…since the start of the band was amorphous and didn’t really have a “start date.” It kinda vaguely came into being over the course of a few years.”

3 Likes

@evooba Awesome. We should dedicate a few chapters to how they got started. Even though this is all over the internet, it wouldn’t hurt for us to put that in there too, so new fans can find it better.

So, I got directed to someone named Lorenzo. I will write him when I have some free time. I’ll make him two offers the official biography or modernize the book mentioned above. He may even go for both ideas, who knows. We won’t know until we try.