To Any Independent Creative Artist

@intheend, @jFar920 You two are cracking me up :laughing:

@chelsea25us let me reword this. I know Mike well enough to know he’s an artist, but I don’t know anything about his family or personal life. I only have about a half hour a day for research on LP and Chester, book research. The internet is a good and bad resource for getting to know celebrities as they really are and not gossip and such.

As a sibling of 11 other brothers and sisters, I can say I know my parents pretty well. But then again there is still a lot I don’t know. I haven’t heard from my other siblings in a long time, I am hoping we’ll meet up for our 16 year anniversary :3
@papercut @OneStepCloser @withyou @pointsofauthority @crawling @runaway @bymyself @placeformyhead @theforgotten @pushingmeaway and cure

I haven’t heard from a lot of them ;-;

1 Like

After doing an hour worth of research on all of the band members ( Dinner is going to be late- lol) I was thinking about writing them all in my next book as brothers. I’m not going to say as what. My latest book, Withered talks briefly on what they will be, but they are going to stand out, even from them. Confused? Ha ha.

I just viewed Frat Party the other day and it was hilarious. I did want to invite them over for dinner after seeing what they had to eat on the road.

Oh, right. You were talking about indie authors. I just mentioned his wifes book as an extra comment piece.

1 Like

@chelsea25us Yeah I just read she’s a children’s author.

1 Like

Ok, so you write something like fanfiction or do you write stories that are influenced and characters who are similar to LP.

I used to do that, I have a series: Ora, for a while it was a story for myself on Linkin Park then I finally changed it, changed characters to make it my own and I am still changing stuff… I know now and days I, well for a while wrestling, some of the guys I liked helped me come up with different stories. It is because of them I came up with one series that is going to be three big stories and two more small but big stories.

1 Like

So you are a new LP fan.

1 Like

Not exactly fan fiction. More like an inspiration for the character’s features and somewhat their personality, likes and dislikes, stuff like that. They wouldn’t be themselves, but it will be obvious to some hardcore LP fans which character was based on them. The names would be changed and nothing from their personal lives would be written in the book. I was, however going to dedicate the book to them.

No, I’ve been a low key fan, only listening to the music, since 2001, long, long, long story. All of sudden I just became a better fan to them, another long story. Lets just say I had a wake up call during the Shadow of the Day music video. I believe it was in my first forum.

I got a laptop :slight_smile:

@intheend @the_termin8r @acemasters @jFar920 @gatsie My blog has been updated. It will be a daily blog starting tomorrow or maybe tonight. Here is the link. It explains a lot The Path Or my latest blog explains everything up to date Toxic Repression

1 Like

Took a quick peak at the site. It looks very nice. Interesting that you choose Wix.com [a great platform btw] for the blog instead of the common blogging platforms provided online. [wordpress, blogger, tumblr]

Good luck with it!

2 Likes

@gatsie I did have a wordpress blog for awhile, but I found Wix had more features once you bought your domain name. Even the free version is not all that bad. When I first started blogging I had a blogger account. I can’t convert my material off of there though.

1 Like

I’m the exact opposite! I’ve tried Wix some time ago. It’s a very good platform, allows one to be very creative [whether they have know-how of HTML or not]. I admit to have gotten too lazy for it, though I guess. And so I moved to Wordpress later on.

Tried blogger too. It’s not my favorite platform.

1 Like

@the_termin8r, @gatsie, @jFar920, @acemasters, @intheend, @chelsea25us, and anyone else who wants to participate. I went searching through Goodreads one day and found that Chester co-wrote a book. Here is the link Chester’s Author Page/ GoodreadsSo, being the beta reader I am and especially seen who the author was, I went looking for the book, which is on Amazon. I did try Books-a-million, but it wasn’t there. I had them look the book up and they said it looks like he may have self-published it. So, I went looking for a Biography on Linkin Park. They had a music section, which is usually where I find those type of books. The only thing I found was a music page for In the End from a book about Alternative music. So, I asked if there was ever a biography written for Linkin Park. There was never an official biography written for them. Needless, to say I was shocked, considering they were named the best rock band in the world at one time.
Here is my crazy idea. How about if all of us gather up all of our factual knowledge about Linkin Park and write one for them. Who better than the members of LPU to do this for them. It would be challenging. We would need contacts and written permission and more than just internet resources. Anyone have any ideas how to pull this off?

1 Like

I think you’ll need to ask LPLive and LPAssociation for the contacts.

1 Like

@samuel_the_leader Yes, we actually need written permission as well.

I don’t think you can believe everything you read on the Internet.

2 Likes

Yes, that’s what she’s been saying.