To Any Independent Creative Artist

@the_termin8r Nope, outside the lpu I actually write stories, nothing like that…although I am working on a story where…thegovernmentsunkhalfofastateandkeptthehiddencitizensasecretbehindawalltoruntests…thiscausesanewairbornediseasetoaffectstheotherpartofthestatethatturnspeooleintobloodsuckers.

2 Likes

@the_termin8r _(this comment was editedededededed)

@intheend Errors are part of the rough draft process, you should see my first drafts, lol. We are writers not editors. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@intheend cool

About 85% thru the first book of your trilogy. I’m loving it! You’ve got talent from what I can tell so far. If interested, I have a couple of friends who have released short story books as well. “Firelake” by James Fender and “Twisted all to Hell” by J.E. Moore. Isn’t Mike’s wife an author? And Mike an illustrator?

1 Like

i feel like reading poetry from you people

1 Like

@chelsea25us Thank you. I’m glad your enjoying the book. The series just gets better after that one. I don’t know about LP band members very much. I’m starting to, but my LP research has been a bit slow.

Oh yeah, I would read other authors too.

I like to write and draw. Unfortunately I tend to loose focus rather quickly and I end up either writing loose parts of one story or beginnings. It’s been a long time ago since I managed to actually finish a story.

We’ve tried story writing here on the forum with the Once Upon A Time threads. It’s interesting… LOL

Then I have a blog to try and keep my writing up there too I loose focus and drift off into ramblings that are hardly interesting for anyone to read. I have about 350+ followers though, which I totally don’t understand why but oh well.

Yeah… I don’t know why I was typing this up.

1 Like

@gatsie I know your pain. My first book came from 12 years of writer’s block. I took Creative Writing in college which forced my creativity out. That was rough.
Now, I do free writing before starting a major project, read it and organize it from there. Music helps me to drawn out the world to focus.
I’ll have to look for that thread some time. Maybe we can bring it back.
I’ll check out your blog if you post it. I’ll have to post mine later. I need to do a few edits too.
My writing environment seriously sucks here. I’m seeing why creative artists go out into hiding. I seriously need a laptop here I may start writing in the car, lol…

1 Like

@jessicarister @gatsie I have a 12plus year old story…it’s finished but I have to re-edit it… which sucks because I had my story in three parts and I lost one…you know how much that sucks? But luckily, I know that story better than anything else…it just having to type everything up while editing it at the same time is hurting me. I need help typing it where help isn’t coming ;-;

1 Like

@intheend Yes, I know how bad that sucks. A similar thing happened to me. I had 500 page written book that look me six years to write. It got left behind when I left my ex in NY or come down to FL. I took all the elements of that story and put it into my published book series. So, its unpublishable if it is ever found.

Losing rough scraps of a story either written in pen and paper or on the computer sucks monkey butts, for sure! I’ve tried storing my stuff in google drive now. And make back ups on my external hard drive.

I do notice that when I write with just pen and paper, I stay focused more? But then I’d have to be disconnected from the internet and maybe indeed hide somewhere deserted. I’ve considered it.

The struggles of a writer, huh? haha.

1 Like

@gatsie For sure.
I hand write my books before converting them to the computer too.
I may have to start writing some dark stuff, because I am getting to the point of losing it with that guy my mom is dating. Yes, we are still stuck in this crap ho!e.
Before I started my newest book I couldn’t pinpoint a trauma to it and than I realized I was living one.

1 Like

Man sorry to read that! The drama of life can be very inspiring, yes.

1 Like

I write horror too.

How’s that possible if you’re only 7? Stories from the future? :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Hmm…it’s a little early…but most people are up this early so it wouldn’t really matter…

What you think @intheend?

1 Like

yeah, it looks like he was up five hours ago anyway @intheend @jFar920

1 Like

For your information @buttface (@jFar920) yes I am 7 and have a story that is ironically older than me. But also no!!! I have been 7 for years :B

1 Like