To Any Independent Creative Artist

@evooba I’ve read pretty well written biographys. We are not allowed to dig into their private lives without permission from the band members. I found that and some out of print books, but a lot of music readers look for the word official when looking for a book about the band. Sometimes unofficial biographies don’t have the right information.

Indeed, but just because we’re not allowed to it doesn’t mean people aren’t doing it. (Btw, don’t get me wrong, I just have very strong feelings about this matter).
As for the biography itself, I still don’t see the point. Everything anyone needs to know about a band or artist is out there, usually in their respective websites.

I’d rather read a book about a certain part of their career than a biography tbh. Then again, with internet and social media being in our every day life now, there’s no need for that either. It’s all there.

@evooba Maybe we shouldn’t put a label on it, just write positive things about the band, maybe something like the book you mentioned, just more up to date. We are fans who love them, not paparazzi scum. We don’t want to hurt them or add to the drama that is going around on the internet, which there is a lot of that. I am actually working on positive reviews for all of their albums, which has a short review for each song, I am going to be placing all over the internet. If you put enough positive information about them out there it can do nothing, but good for them.

If they ever did release another book like From The Inside, I’d love it, I tell you that. They’ve had a few ups and downs the last few years and it’d be nice to read about them from their perspective.

Good luck with this one you’re trying to write, another fan made book wouldn’t hurt for sure :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@evooba You read my mind. That is exactly the angle I think we should take.

This fundamental question not answered.

@samuel_the_leader Wow, that question was never answered. Simple questions like that should be easy to find.
You want to hear a basic question I asked Google and only found on a not so good resource. What is , insert band member’s name favorite color?

@samuel_the_leader @jessicarister The band was called Relative Degree (Brad, Mark and Rob only) back then, they changed their name after a show they played around May 1996. Xero came late 1996, early 1997 when Mike officially joined the band and so did Dave and Joe. Their first show as Xero was late 1997.

To answer your question, here is a quote from Mike: “…since the start of the band was amorphous and didn’t really have a “start date.” It kinda vaguely came into being over the course of a few years.”

3 Likes

@evooba Awesome. We should dedicate a few chapters to how they got started. Even though this is all over the internet, it wouldn’t hurt for us to put that in there too, so new fans can find it better.

So, I got directed to someone named Lorenzo. I will write him when I have some free time. I’ll make him two offers the official biography or modernize the book mentioned above. He may even go for both ideas, who knows. We won’t know until we try.

All this info is on Linkinpedia.

LOL, Lorenzo is the marketing/manager head of the HQ, if you need anything LPU related, you go to him or one of his team members.

1 Like

That is funny. I think may have been talking to either him or someone in his department about tech issues. I may already have the address. To be sure I’ll check out Linkinpedia.

If you contacted LPUHQ then yeah, you either talked with him or Abril.

1 Like

@the_termin8r, @samuel_the_leader, @acemasters, @evooba, @jFar920, @intheend, @chelsea25us I started working on my fourth book in my series last night, titled Lenora. It’s musical influence is completely LP. I usually have a certain playlist I work with to write with, but this will be the first book I will only use LP, since my new characters are going to be inspired by them. Mainly in this one will be the Chester inspired character with a mention of the others. They will not be themselves, but inspired by them. So, it is a bit of fan fiction, but not obvious fan fiction. The book is going to reflect some of my newly discovered past, repressed emotions, a touch of fan fiction, complete fantasy, and the killer plot of the actual story line.

I haven’t received word, yet about our other project.

1 Like

That’s great! I read your first and wrote a review. :blush: @evooba I didn’t even know about From The Inside. Or Linkinpedia. Is the book on Amazon?

1 Like

Linkinpedia was launched like last week or something :stuck_out_tongue: As for the book, I assume it is. I bought it from Amazon years ago but I bet they still have it.

EDIT: It still is apparently as seen here and it’s cheap, very cheap.

2 Likes

I already have about 30 ebooks in que. and probably 70 books that I’ve yet to get to. OCD reader here! But if the LP book has pics, I’d definitely buy it. Hope it’s not out of print.

1 Like

It has a lot of photos, most of them you’ve probably seen already but yeah… it’s pretty good.

1 Like

@evooba @chelsea25us I’m so going to buy this book. Book 1,000 entering que, lol

@chelsea25us I saw your review. Thank you.