The Tavern - Open 24/7

I haven’t heard people calling toast grilled cheese before.

For me toast is the stuff that come out of a toaster…duh

A grilled sandwich is the thing that comes out of a grill…obviously

Wow…we call them all toasts. Toasters aren’t a thing either here.

Yup we usually don’t put bread in those things that shoot the bread out. We put them in mini ovens.

‘those things’ are designed to do your oven’s job but faster.

1 Like

Right, ppl don’t have to turn the bread over unlike in the mini oven.

If you have a crappy one then you do have to turn it over but in a good one you don’t

You’ll have to turn the beef patty over anyways

wait what? Toasters are only made for bread as far as I know. and maybe those toaster waffle things.

I meant the mini oven.

Define mini oven. Are we talking about a microwave here?

I think he means one of these:
http://www.thamesvalleycatering.co.uk/custom/upload/images/products/resized/300x300/fc26479.jpg

not quite a microwave

1 Like

Yup, but only one layer of tray.

1 Like

Ohhh ok, got it. I had one of those when I was living on my own. I never even thought of using it for “toasting” lol, I just cooked stuff.

Good for you to know

but, in the end, it doesn´t really matters! @the_termin8r1: did you tested a hawaii toast in the sandwich-toaster? It´s like yummie lol :joy:

lol, those aren’t my pic, but no I haven’t (in case you mean in general).

lol, you have to test it
imagine this:

inside, and another toast slice above, still yummie…
,You don´t have a sandwich toaster at home?

I do. Well strictly speaking it’s a grill designed more for steaks (at least that’s what they advertise it as), but in reality it’s a grill that cooks just about anything you put inside.

Actually, in my country we call it a tosti :smile: because usually it’s made in a toaster here But also in a grill. When I look up the word tosti in the dutch to english dictonairy, it offers me the word Grilled Cheese Sandwich as translation.

Here’s one with turkish bread. It’s very yummie, with goat cheese and I some sweet chili sauce.

I had Japanese last night