The Tavern - Open 24/7

Milk bean soup :yum: my favourite :heart:

3 Likes

Could I know the recipe?want to try… never added milk to tomato sauce…you said it’s your favourite… Is it tasty? do you add the milk directly with the sauce or at the end? I’m a curious person! :thinking: :laughing:

It’s not tomato :smiley:
Ok, here it is @lpfan61:

1. Slowly boil a smoked ham (size according to how much soup you want or how much ham you want) - this one: image
    Instead of ham you can also use smoked pork ribs.

2. After the ham is boiled soft and juicy, take it out, cut it to slices and eat with bread for dinner/breakfast. We will only use the ham water for the soup.

3. Add brown beans - they suck water pretty much, so an according ammount. Boil on small fire (I think they boil for about an hour or so).

4. Hard-boil 3 eggs and then shed the eggs and cut to little pieces with this:

Each one twice (horizontally, then vertically).

5. When the beans are almost soft, add 2-3-4 potatos (depends on how much soup & beans there is, I like a small amount of potatos in soups). Boil until the potatos are almost soft (about 8-9 minutes).

6. Add the pieces of eggs into the soup, stir.

7. Prepare a “zápražka” - didn’t find any word for this in English, but it’s done like this:

• take a small pot and put lard (or oil if preferred) inside
  • let it melt on medium to full fire
  • add 4 pieces of extruded garlic, roast a little and don’t forget to stir constantly. Here you maybe need to make fire small, because it will stick to the pot
  • add 2 teaspoons of sweet peppers spice (if you want the soup to be pretty red, add 3)
  • add 1 spoon of fine flour
  • if it’s getting too dense, you need to add more lard
  • roast a little while stirring constantly
  1. Put the “zápražka” into the soup and stir well. If you want, you can wash the drowsiness pot with the soup and put back into the soup.
  2. Add 1 whipped cream and about 2dl of milk (!!pour very slowly while stirring) Maybe more, the soup should not be too watery, but milky.
  3. Add salt (careful if the ham was salty) and a bit of vinegar (I use citric acid because I can’t eat vinegar) according to taste.
  4. Boil until bubbles come out. Enjoy :slight_smile:

(Reminds me of Cup-o-noodles - “Stir well and ENJOOOOOY!!!”)

Tip 1: If you want beans to be super tasty, you can put them in water for 24hours before boiling.
Tip 2: Large beans are better :slight_smile: You can also use white beans but the soup will not be so beautifully brown :slight_smile:
Tip 3: My granma puts small pieces of the ham into the soup but I don’t like it. But if you used ribs, little pieces of them taste quite good in the soup.

(Hope I didn’t forget anything, I always make the soup according to memory :slight_smile: )

2 Likes

Thank you @mishelka3 ! I saved the recipe…so when I have all the ingredients I’ll let you know if I like it… :rofl: It looks yummy… I understand now why it looks red… I thought it was tomato, cause I usually put it together with beans… :laughing: You were so good in explaining it! :smile: I’ll make it soon! :yum:

1 Like

:+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::muscle::muscle::muscle::yum::slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

This reminds me that we also have a kitchen thread, though it’s been buried.

Here we go:

3 Likes

You’re right! why it’s no more used? it would be nice to try recipes from all over the world… :yum: Maybe could we use this topic again?

3 Likes

why not actually

1 Like

I think something is lost in translation somewhere.

4 Likes

I just took it as really boring steps :joy:

2 Likes

Just follow the steps below! :nerd_face: I understood that it’s a kind of concentrated sauce… something additional for taste… when I try I’ll say my opinion… :upside_down_face:

1 Like

I don’t know what it’s called in English, google translated this :slight_smile: I think there’s no word for it in English then. In Slovak it’s “zápražka” :slight_smile:

Something like that, additional taste and makes the soup more creamy, not like water.

I didn’t know there’s such a topic! I’ll put this recipe there! :slight_smile:

1 Like

5 Likes

That looks delicious! What is it?

I’ve no idea to be honest. I had it at a Turkish restaurant.

But that really looks very tasty :yum:

Having NOT beer with my wife:

3 Likes

Non alcoholic?

Not beer :slight_smile:

I guess I misunderstood. I’ve heard a lot of people refusing to accept that non alcoholic beer is still beer.