The smart questions thread

Well, that is what the Media told the people during those times, but Pearl Harbor happened and it involved Japan and got the ball rolling to the war.

Well, what else would be their incentive, I’m sure even you have heard that during the Bush administration we practically went to war for crude. It all started because Osama was behind the 911 attacks, or we been told. Yet this man was from Saudi Arabia, yet decided to attack Iraq? in what world does that make any sense?

Entertainment has drenched itself in politics for quite a while, Marilyn Monroe with JFK? Ronald Reagan, a former actor, and of course our current sitting POTUS, Trump, who also had his own reality series. Government controls what you see and don’t get to see in general media. We currently even have Kanye West being buddies with Trump. Hollywood has connections to the US government. This is bread and circus, which was used EONS ago and apparently still goes on even after Roman times.

Correct, many people “chose” Trump, but even after 2008’s crash, the US was never able to recover from that crash. It just keeps getting worse, with minimum wage going up (Price of living goes up), and not many having jobs, because many are exported to third world countries for cheap labor. It always seem to be all talk but no action.

Correct, the FDA (Food and Drug Administration) accepts or denies any product that they find unfit for human consumption. But either way, as you mentioned, fast food is still out there, which is known to cause health problems, along with Tobacco and alcohol, who btw have more deaths on its name than Marijuana, which is still illegal in many states. Why aren’t these substances banned? How do we acknowledge that those “trained” to do this certain job don’t have their own agenda’s to pull off? More so, our foods have hormones in beef, tofu, meats etc. Fluoride in water etc.

I think the US has been divided even before that. Obama was bombing middle eastern countries and even managed to snag a Noble peace prize. Wouldn’t you consider making promises but never tackling them a form of mind control, to get your way?

What do I think about Trump and people for/against?

Even if there is a influx of more people coming into the country, it just makes the situation worse as mentioned above. They are being lied to by being sold the “American Dream”, but that has gone down the drain quite a while ago. With undocumented getting jobs for lower pay is cheap labor. Less jobs for citizens. But on the other hand if we do build the wall… i seen this before… could possibly keep us locked in from going out.

If we don’t learn from history, we are bound to repeat it. The winners of wars are the ones who control the narrative.

EDIT: I like that this convo can be a back and forth rambling so we can see what we agree on and at what points we feel we need more info.

Though i will add, I have researched on human psyche and states of mind and how they can be influenced through certain aspects. I made this thread because there are many unanswered questions in life. Kind of like we as human beings don’t have a true purpose. But we are born into purpose for the system itself.

2 Likes

True. I feel we can discuss anything without immediately attacking each other haha

Agreed. It’s one politician and president after the other but does it ever get any better? Over here prices and taxes keep going up and up, but what about the wages? Then there’s the economic crisis that has never been fully resolved, only temporarily pushed back. Nearly every market is in a massive bubble right now, it’s only a matter of time until the next economic collapse happens.

Meanwhile the media keeps repeating the same script (at least over here) that it’s all fine and well. “Next year you’ll be much more prosperous”. Yeah right

1 Like

Time for a smart question…

Me and @the_termin8r were arguing about the death penalthy… what do you guys think about it?

1 Like

Not necessarily the death penalty (though I do agree with it in a lot of cases). I was arguing for just shooting the NL terrorist on sight as opposed to arresting him.

2 Likes

Yeah, but unfortunately he isn’t the only killer around nor the last one I guess…

Anyway… As I said in the “random thoughts” topic, I completely disagreed in using death as a penalthy, whoever is the person, whatever the person did…
I’d like to know @Woco21 and @rickvanmeijel opinion on this… especially cause Rick is from Netherland…

1 Like

@framos1792 I disagreed

What make you guys think that you can decide on a human life??

I just think that once they take a human life knowingly, purposefully then the refuse their argument for people to have any form of mercy on them :confused:
They become a burden free of obligations or responsibilities and that’s just spitting on everyone else’s face :neutral_face:

2 Likes

I disagreed! Every person must have a second chance, they deserve it! It’s not with revenge/hate that the world will change!

Using a gif @chigokurosaki shared earlier (it doesn’t let me upload the short vid… :sweat_smile: so I use a screenshot):

Screenshot_2019-03-18-21-27-20

2 Likes

That’s why I agree if it’s a crime of passion, if it’s to protect or defend
However my point is coming from someone who arms themselves with the sole purpose of inflicting harm onto others for no particular reason besides mental ideologies etc
A person is too far gone when they dont hesitate to kill :confused:
Killing isn’t as easy as it is said… if someone goes through with it knowingly and easily then they aren’t right

3 Likes

Like this you can talk to a person who misbehaves during a concert.
You can’t just ignore someone who shoots people.

I think you can ignore him. Give him no room. Dont hate him. No vengeance. A rightful trail and behind bars. There he can rot. I would also give him work there and therapy. If he could lerne to see what he has done, what better punishment. But I don’t won’t to be on his level and I dont won’t the world in such a place. I know, wishful thinking. We can see it all over right know. Hate generate more hate.

3 Likes

Exactly!

Yeah

Agreed!

I got what you mean, but I just can’t think of killing another human… I may punch or something, but then I’d runaway…

2 Likes

:confused: I understand that and feel that too, especially the hate floating around but one thing is hating others, feeling certain ways and another is committing the crime of taking innocent people’s lives…that’s kind of my line… I repeat, if it’s something they did from personal emotion, vengeance, jealousy, heartbreak stuff like that I feel deserves a second chance, they acted on impulse, but to think about the best way possible to kill, putting yourself in position to do the most harm possible is unforgivable to me…

I feel ya…
I could only kill if it were to defend or protect a loved one… I’d have no trouble shooting a shooter in mid act, I know that I’d react like that,
Tell me to kill someone or give me any other reason and I could never do it,

Kind of like you said, I’d hurt them for sure but I couldn’t bring myself to kill them if it’s avoidable…
Batman doesn’t kill, only maims or permanently incapacitated people :innocent::grimacing:

3 Likes

I am not necessarily talking about second chances. Prison isent that.
And sure, if its get on my lovedones, I would probably want to punish too.
But thats what governments are fore, to judge by rules. If the government starts to punish and take vengeance in an inhuman way, than the state isent better than the terrorist.

2 Likes

Agreed

Remember the WW2? Hitler?? He was the government… We must NOT go that way!

1 Like

Deserve is a very strong word to be throwing around. Why would he deserve it? As @framos1792 said, once you’ve done something premeditated, you’ve waved goodbye to that privillage.

It’s not a matter of revenge, it’s a matter of prevention, it’s logic. If a rabid dog attacks someone, it is put down. Why should it be any different for humans? What about all the spiders you’ve wished death on and probably killed? And they didn’t even do anything.

Because he’s damaged. lol

Hitler was just a little bitch who couldn’t handle rejection.

2 Likes

Ok,maybe I used the wrong word… but still… I’m not for killing…

Because animals act only by instinct… we can change…

:grimacing: :scream: I’m sorry?? :see_no_evil: point for you here… :see_no_evil: :sob:

Well yeah… just as example… that’s another story… :sweat_smile:

In the case of my example, a dog is only as good as it’s owner.

In another case, tell that to the slatwarer crocodile who monitored some Australian campers over a week and picked the best time to attack them. Just because it felt like it. Or to the honey badgers who go around doing what they like and terrorising lions and other much bigger and stronger animals, just becaue they can.

I’m sharing exactly what I said earlier on WA

Jail is a lot worse treatment than just killing someone on the spot. Jail makes you think about what you’ve done to be there, and can even help people change into better people if they want to. Obviously not everyone who goes to jail changes like this, but certain people can, depending on if you want to change or not. I believe everyone deserves a chance, but if they blow it, then oh well.

I don’t judge anyone for what they’ve done though. I’m no better than anyone else, so it’s not my place to judge.

3 Likes