Rest in peace Chester

May he find the peace in death he couldn’t find in life.

May his voice and music be remembered by all of us and our children.

Thank you Chester, for more than a decade of music and art and for all that you have given to us.

2 Likes

sitting here crying with my 17 yr old daughter…

…have tix to see them next friday and again the following tuesday, me and all 3 of my kids (17, 19, 26), in the Pit. The one thing we all LOVE and all look forward to doing together. Fuck.

Fuck.

5 Likes

Who cares if one more light goes out?
Well we do

6 Likes

I know we’re all devastated right now. For a lot of us who have dealt with similar issues of depression and suicide, the path ahead seems unclear as we wonder why someone who saved us was not able to be saved himself.
If he saved you, you are part of his legacy. You are living proof of his life and of his legacy.
Be proud of that and live for him. Don’t lose hope.

If anybody is struggling in the aftermath of this, please, please reach out to somebody. Whether you speak to a friend, a family member, a hotline - anybody. You can always reach out on here, too.

19 Likes

I do. We do.

3 Likes

Our local K-Rock station is dedicating what they call the “Ride at 5” (an hour of commercial-free music for your ride home from work) to Chester >> http://krock.com/ (click Listen Live if anyone’s interested)

I’m at a loss for words right now. I was supposed to see LP with Blink-182 next Friday.

I wonder what will happen to the future of Linkin Park and the LPU.

3 Likes

I couldn’t believe it when I heard it.
Was so looking forward to the Cinci show next month. Been a fan since Hybrid Theory and thought they’d be around for a long, long time.
Chris Cornell devastated me. And I think Chris would say now, “no one sings like you anymore.”

1 Like

I’m still in shock… prayers to his wife and kids

1 Like

everyone does! :sob:

one more star in the heaven!

Have been unable to work since hearing the news. Just been staring at my computer, re-joined the LPU, bought an LPU fidget spinner…I am really messed up over this.

3 Likes

RIP Chaz…

I wish that I’m waking up tommorow and that will be nightmare.

2 Likes

I am utterly devastated you are gone Chester. I hope you have found peace now and have your family and all those that loved you in my thoughts. I will forever remember meeting you just two weeks ago. I have always held you as a personal hero of mine and thank you for getting me through the tough times. Rest easy. One More Light gone out. X

6 Likes

yes, now words!

:sob: this music illustrates what he was feeling:

In the wastelands of today,
When there’s nothing left to lose,
And and there’s nothing more to take,
But you force yourself to choose,
In the wastelands of today,
When tomorrow disappears
When the future slips away,
And your hope turns into fear,
And your hope turns into fear,
In the wastelands of today!

4 Likes

I’m so sad. This is the first ever I cried because of someone’s death and he’s not my family member or friend or anyone related to me! Chester, we’ll never meet but I want you to know I love you so much

9 Likes

I’m at a loss for words.

Please keep the conversation civil and make this about honoring the great man Chester was.

I don’t know what thread was first but I’m choosing to merge all here. And as I said, nothing negative here folks or it will be removed.

10 Likes

Same for me. It feels as if a family member has passed away :frowning:

9 Likes

I met him in London at the O2 arena (the girl with the ripped jeans and brown hair). I remember the hug he gave me after i told him about my struggles with depression. He looked so proud that i had gotten through, just like he had.

Happiness. Pride. Love. A brother. Father. Uncle and a legend.

A Legendary Angel of rock that no one can ever replace. I hope he’s found peace up in the stars, as long as the LPU family is together, united and supporting our other five brothers, then his shining light will never go out.

Chester Bennington. You may be gone from our eyes, but you’ll leave our hearts.

Rest in Peace you amazing man!

15 Likes

so… wow.

I only saw you and the LP gang only 18 days ago with 20,000 other adoring fans of all ages, genders and faiths, and you hid it so well.

I kick myself for not doing the meat and greet because I would have thank you to you and LP for all the amazing music, wisdom, kind hearted ness, humbling nature and guidance you have not only given me but to adoring fans over the world.

Linkin Parks music since early 2000’s has made me smile, made me think, helped me stand out on my own. My wife even aloud me to have a couple of songs played at our wedding.

but most importantly been that candle of light when the world around me seemed so dark. From bullies at school, helping me as an audio aid with my dyislexia and now I’m older, to having a shitty day at work, or just even when life feels to much and I felt worth less. You and LP’s music were their to guide me

And for this i am sorry I/we could not help you when you needed a light to guide you.

Chester you were loved and will be greatly missed. But luckily you have left a fabulous legacy with some amazing band mates.

Mike, Dave, rob, brad and the great mr hahn we are here for you and Remeber the good time.

Please don’t give up creating somthing special

Sorry

Xxx

5 Likes

I am at loss for words…