Rest in peace Chester

Why? WHY? :broken_heart:
I Love you Chester, Rest in Peace

1 Like

sad & heartbroken beyond comprehension.
forever in my heart Chester <3 Linkin Park & Chester has helped me through so much sh*t in my life, their music has always been there when I haven’t had anything else. you guys have kept me sane and there are no words to tell you how grateful I am.
this is the saddest news, also because I kind of have been in belief that Chester would be happy and feeling well, since (as far as I know) he’s quit drugs&alcohol and just always looked so happy and well. but of course we can’t see the insides of one’s head, and we may never know the feelings that made him feel this much pain.
the only condolence right now is that he is in better place now, finally free from his demons <3

1 Like

My heart is bleeding. Loved you, man. What a fantastic singer. Thank you for all the joy you were bringing me together with the other LP mates. You’ll be in my heart forever. :sob:

3 Likes

“When you’ve suffered enough and your spirit is breaking, you’re growing desperate from the fight. Remember you’re love and you always will be. This melody will bring you right back home. When life leaves us blind, love keeps us kind.”

I feel like I’ve lost a best friend. I’ve never even met Chester but he meant so much to me. I think what makes it worse is that I understand why he did it and I can’t blame him for it. But that doesn’t change the fact that I feel like a piece of my heart is missing now and I don’t know if that will ever go away. I hope he’s finally at peace and able to rest now. I can’t even begin to imagine what the rest of the guys and his family and friends are going through. I hope they can all find peace soon too. I don’t think any words could accurately explain just how much Chester helped me and how much I love and appreciate him. He saved my life, literally. I don’t know how to handle all of this pain and sadness. The world will forever be darker without his light guiding us home.

5 Likes

R.I.P Chester, i was looking forward to seeing you guys from the PIT in San Antonio , Tx, now all i can do is listen to your beautiful voice from the albums i have.

1 Like

Lets do this

11 Likes

I posted this on facebook earlier. My heart hurts so badly right now…

I’ve tried to write this post over and over but didn’t know how to put it into words. I’ve erased it and rewrote it a bunch of times. This year continues to test me and I don’t know how I’m even able to shed anymore tears. This year I lost two of my unborn children, my cat that I loved since I was a little girl(my first “baby”), and now this…
I had people text me and call me telling me that someone from “my favorite band” killed himself. It’s more then that. I became a “fan” of Linkin Park, of Chester Bennington, when I was 11 years old. That’s when I became “obsessed”. My room filled with posters, my closet door held collages of my “celebrity crush”, my CD player always played their music over and over and over…but it became more then an “obsession”…I became more then just a “fan”. Their music helped me so much more then some people even could have.
A few years ago, I met Linkin Park for the first time and it was a dream come true.
3 years ago, I experienced one of the greatest days of my life when I not only got to “meet” them again but I had the honor of sharing a very special moment with my favorite singer, favorite celebrity, and idol. I was the first person he saw when he turned to talk to fans after our photo. He turned to me and with tears in my eyes, I thanked him for helping me through my severe anxiety and depression and told him how amazing he was. He put his arm around me and told me that he too suffered from bad anxiety and depression and that not a lot of people knew he suffered. We talked for about 15 minutes even though there were dozens of people waiting to meet him. CJ snapped this picture and almost got kicked out but I am so glad he did. After talking with Chester, I asked him to sign my Linkin Park tattoo and he eagerly did so. I remember laughing when he signed it so much bigger then two of his band mates but was so honored to have his signature on my body.
So no…today I didn’t lose my favorite band member. I lost one of my best friends. I was supposed to see him in 2 weeks and was so excited about that day because I knew that despite really struggling lately after losing the baby, I was going to see him and hear him sing and it would’ve made everything ok even for just a few hours.
For those who say he is “selfish” for killing himself and leaving behind his wife and six children…you don’t get it. Yes, I’m angry he did it but I’m not angry at him. My heart is hurting.
Severe depression is awful and as someone who also experiences it…I can understand wanting to escape. I wouldn’t wish this feeling on my worst enemy. I’m lucky to be able to look at my family, friends, pets, and hope of having a child as enough to never want to commit suicide but at the same time, I understand why others can’t. I’m lucky to be able to push through, I truly am. Mental illness is something that needs so much more awareness. It really does.
Chester, there’s so much I wish I could say to you. There’s so much I wish I could’ve said to you in hopes that you wouldn’t have done this. My heart is aching. I love you. Thank you for everything. I’m sorry.
Love,
Kristina
Not just your biggest fan, but your friend.

21 Likes

Now the other threads are full of about Chester’s “death”

I see mods are closing most topics. I know people are sad but enough with the links. He died, we know. I am too tired from crying and this whole situation. I will snap in a moment.

We don’t need a dozen threads, Derek just merged them, but more keep popping up.

Yeah. It is insane. Forum was silent except the few users and now where did they come from?

I am guilty of posting my own thing, guess I didn;t look hard enough when I logged on so I will just share mine here. My heart was broken today but I have shed my tears and the positive memories will fuel me the rest of the way. I am just really happy that there are so many people in this community that care and are joined together through this. Be sad and let it out, we will all move forward together.

“Don;t really know where to begin, I know that so many people are shocked and heart broken today. I have been a LP fan since 2000 and for the better part of my life they have always been my favorite band. Linkin Park became the soundtrack to my life. No matter what I have felt, LP has been there to support me. In the best of times and most certainly the worst. Chester’s voice was at the forefront to help me through the darkest times in my life. When my mother passed away when I was a teenager, his music helped me cling through my own depression, in times where I wanted to give up and let go it helped me ground myself back in the world. I will never get to share this with him and the band may never read it, but I want to thank Chester and Linkin Park. You changed my life. You saved my life. I will always love you guys and your music. Thank you for everything Chester. I sincerely hope that you have found peace.
If anyone else reads this I hope you will share your stories with me and others too.”

5 Likes

I just got to meet the mighty Metallica in June…whom brought metal and heavy music into life in 1999 and opened the gateway for Linkin Park who was on ov the first and still in my top 3 favorite bands. I was so stoked when I got #2 in Denver in the presale to meet LP as well in 5 weeks and now im completely crushed! There will never be Chester! Im just in total disbelief all day. God’s speed CB

Members of my family suffer from mental health issues and the music of Chester & Linkin Park have helped me through lots of tough times. My heart goes out to his loved ones during this surreal time.

1 Like

For me Chester will stay as one of the strongest voices of rock…
Following Linkin Park since Hybrid theory, i think Chester had a voice comparable to rock legends as bruce springsteen…
Good speed Chester!!!

And for Mike, Rob, Phenix, Brad, and Chester family, all the best i can wish for you!!!
From France
Nicolas

1 Like

RIP Chester will miss that great voice this ruin my hole day still crying.

1 Like

I have no words for today. I’m in complete shock and heartbroken. LP has been my favorite group since Hybrid Theory came out. They always put on an amazing show. I don’t know the ages of the people in this group but I turn 40 in September so I’ve always felt more of a connection growing older with the group. I had meet and greets for Hershey next weekend and was super excited to see them again. Chester had one of the most amazing voices in music. You know who it was when you heard the voice. Could’ve been an aggressive song like One Step Closer or something softer like My December. I’m crushed at his untimely passing tonight. I don’t know what happens with the tour but assuming it’s cancelled I would like to say maybe we can all make a small donation to something like save.org or any other site that supports mental illness in memory of Chester. “they say who cares, but I do”, Rest In Paradise Chester. We will all miss you but will never forget you. Love you…

I dedicated a video to him

2 Likes

We are shocked with news.
We are ready to provide our club with 300+ seats for free for memorial concert in Moscow this Sunday.
R.I.P. Chester

2 Likes

Uh! I have seen LP in the Best Buy parking lot, the Hollywood Bowl, Irvine Meadows, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, and Sydney, Australia. I was looking forward to San Diego and LA in October. I saw Chester with STP twice. Now I am more thankful I saw LP on my birthday in Vegas a couple of months ago. I can’t believe I won’t see them again. I have been telling friends for many years that they are my soul mate band…it was as if the songs were inspired by my life too. Such a talent. Such a loss. I am so sorry it got this far.

1 Like