Rest in peace Chester

This was just before they played One More Light in Birmingham. You can hear Brad starting the guitar in the background. This was the last time they played it. I was crying the whole way through. I had my phone light on from the start and was getting angry people around me were just standing their not singing or shinning their lights too… if i’d have know it was the last time they played OML, I’d have forced these people to…

2 Likes

RIP Chester! May you finally find the peace that you could not find here on Earth.
The pain for you is gone but you left behind so much sorrow.

Chester you sang like an angel
You screamed like a demon
You died a legend
Miss you Chester ~ May we all meet again someday!

1 Like

Found this on Facebook

5 Likes

The “Legends Never Die” shirts have been my favorite of Chester. So powerful and so true!! I just hate that people keep photoshopping these shirts onto Mike. :cry:

1 Like

I was there too at the Birmingham show, first time I’d seen Linkin Park live. Been meaning too for years. I just had this feeling this time round when I heard about this tour. I felt that if i didn’t go to see them this time, I never would. I am so thankful that I did go because now I won’t get to see them again, certainly not like that. Hard to believe it’s a week tomorrow that this awful thing happened. I am still in shock and find it hard to come to terms with and understand. I think it feels more of a shock knowing that I was there at he’s last show. I was at the front and he was so close. I got some great video and it now hurts to watch. I have only recently started listening to their songs again and now when I do, I can feel the pain and associate every word to how he must of felt for so long. I am so gutted for he’s family and the rest of Linkin Park. And of course, the fans. :cry::sob:

2 Likes

No, I should take it back.

Yup, and last night I saw a recent post on instagram by an environmentalist about the garbage patch in the ocean using Chester’s last retweet as a leverage.

Can’t find it now, but he split this diagram up into a few posts:

1 Like

There are no words to decribe this…it’s like i lost my best friend, my big brother…that taught me how to react in the hardest time…I’ll miss Chester forever…so sad…

3 Likes

Yeh that really pissed me off that I flagged it

2 Likes

We were debating on going to Birmingham following the cancelled Manchester gig but they only had crap tickets left, standing at the back and it was very short notice. Decided to ‘wait till next time’ or hoped that they might do a show at Leeds if enough fans pestered them. I so regret making that decision

1 Like

the new album was a bit of a shock at first but I grew to love it very quickly, now it breaks my heart listening to it

@Tattooedcrow
Made a separate post about my tribute, but i double post it for more to see and to state that i completely empathize with your feelings!
From 17 on, they were my best friends,
but from 2010 on where my life started collapsing, rock by rock, everywhere i’d try to stand, their hand was there, song by song, to keep me afloat and not sink in depression!
The world lost a singer and fags like russelbrand are already out telling us about depression, within the first week that me and you (and so many more in here) feel like we lost a brother or a father who taught us how to survive it!
The irony…

Always hard for me to control my emotion so… this is why i did the following.
I hope you peeps enjoy!

Once more,
Rest in Peace brother!!! :fist_right::broken_heart::heartbeat:

1 Like

rest in peace chester we love you

Why was the taxi driver so blasé ? He could.have rushed in to help

1 Like

Obviously, cuz they’re such busybodies, damn TMZ.

Her brother is angry, so he prevented a lot of people from attending the funeral (including my parents and me)

1 Like

RIP Chester. You will be missed so much. Your music helped so many people through hard time. I hope you are at peace now. I will never forget you. Thank you Chester. We love you x

1 Like

I’ve been through lots of social media sites and was watching LP videos all the time a few days ago and one of the most brilliant tributes I saw was trying to get the music video for Numb to go for the 1 billion views by the end of the year! I’m joining in on that!

It has now been a week since I knew about our Chester and I know that he’s in a safe place. I been looking up at the sky whether it’s raining, sunshine or cloud. I deeply miss him and it’s a hole in my heart I will never get back but he along with the band has got me through some rather difficult times when I was younger.

2 Likes

I totally understand and respect their decision to hold a private funeral. It’s a little upsetting when you first hear it because obviously he meant a lot to all of us fans, but really…there’s a LOT of us. That would be so overwhelming for his family and close friends and bandmates. They deserve the right to grieve the man THEY KNEW…not the world the public knew. I do really hope and pray they have some sort of public memorial for the fans because I want to do everything in my power to be there for it. I will travel halfway around the world for it and spend thousands if necessary. He meant sooooo much to me. This would be the last expense I would have the opportunity to spend on my idol. I almost paid thousands to do the Rock Fantasy Camp with Chester in April, but I couldn’t take the time off work. I really regret not doing that now…

2 Likes

Our life is like a sparkling moment. It’s unbelievable😰.
But I hope, that LP will continue their concerts. “Show must go on”

1 Like

Hi, just re-joined the forums after years away. i wrote this about Chester for my site a few days ago and have shared it around various LP fan sites/accounts, so I wanted to share it here.

Felt good to get this all out there as a means of trying to process it all…but it’s tough. Read if you wish. thanks.

http://www.rockcellarmagazine.com/2017/07/24/chester-bennington-remembered-linkin-park-rip-suicide-prevention/

6 Likes

I think Lp are over…how can they continue without the main man ?