Rest in peace Chester

Dear whoever would read this, Chester if that would be possible.

I’ll just be one of so many, writing to you to express how much all your songs, led by your amazing voice, have reached my heart for so long.
But I would like to give you a special thanks, for one song in particular, Leave Out All the Rest. That song helped me deal with a suicide myself, if I would have ever think that you would do that to yourself too …
You’ll never know how much you gave, without even knowing, to a stranger like me. And I hope, one day, hopefully now already, your family will understand your gesture, over the anger left by the crazy sadness of your departure.

I’ll keep you in my memory.

5 Likes

I think the pain of losing Chris was so over whelming that he could not take it. I have been there, after losing my little sister, LP got me through the darkest, deepest, spiral of depression. Without thier music I would not still be here now RIP Chester :heart:

1 Like

You are not alone :slightly_smiling_face:

Right now, I feel these very, very sad feelings again but I know that I am not alone. The LP family sticks together :metal:

3 Likes

Thank you for sharing this! It means alot :black_heart::heart:

Chester Bennington was a remarkable being, we all lost someone that helped us in so many ways.

Since his death, all I’ve been feeling is emptiness inside

1 Like

thank you @aaran :smile: thanks

Well, its okay friends… (i know you will say" NO ITS NOT OKAY…HE WAS OUR INSPIRATION" ) we gotta stay strong. Time will heal ya’ll . :slight_smile: Have faiths on the god…

Aaron tell me whr is the post about the tribute to chaz in London cause I AM Lost! Thanks! I might pop there tomorrow as it is my last day of holidays!

Redirecting... this one? Have a good day! <3

Thanks! And is not tomorrow, is Friday that I am able to go there! Are you going?

For Chester our king!

3 Likes

I’m going to the Birmingham one as it is closer for me. Check the discussion posts because I think they are doing it Thursday and Friday? The organiser is @rorymcgarrett I think, if you need to contact.

I know. It’s like my childhood is gone as every day after school when I was younger, I would always put it a LP cd, depending on how I was feeling.

A few days on and I am missing him deeply.

Well its almost a week now since we lost a very special guy that devastated so many of us. We can only imagine how much pain his family and the LP boys are in right now. Its taken me this long to play a LP cd but I can only listen. If, like so many of us, I begin to sing along I end up loosing it and the tears start to flow, and i’m nearly 50, just to prove he touched multiple generations of fans!!!. This is going to take all of us a long time to process and move forward from, if we can. Stay strong people, we all loved his voice, his vulnerability and rawness that helped make LP what it is, be kind to each other and let time help to heal and deal with the due processes. To the LP boys, hang in there all of you, we love you guys just as much and wish this wasn’t real either. There are so many of us out here who have your backs and would happily do whatever we can to help you get through this too. If you ever come back to Australia look me up, I’ll hang with you guys anytime.
Much love to everyone out there hurting from all of this, if you need a friend come say hi, together we are stronger :heart:

4 Likes

Rest in peace Chester… I voluunteered for a local Memorial meeting to help out in any way I can… thats my way of processing this… also I’m here for other fans who need someone to talk to. I miss you. :confused:

I feel a bit guilty as only now listening to the new album and realising it is pretty dam good.

Took ages to move on from Chris cornell and now Chester :cry:

1 Like

All of these was yesterday evening:

Goodbye:
burial

My LP T-shirt (posted before on the LP App):

(Sorry sideways and mirror image)

Holding the T-shirt like a flag:

(Was quite windy and a bit cold)

3 Likes

I will be there also on Friday but the main memorial is on Thursday. I will come for a while so whoever can’t come on Thursday have the chance to write the message to Chester.

Chester was such a nice, inspiring person … always there for his fans.
Since he is no longer there i feel so empty.
It is not just the unique voice that made him a legend.
This voice can not be replaced. Very sad that he is no longer there
Since “One step closer” I follow LP & Chester. I do not know any other band or singers with whom I could say that I like all the songs.
Thank you Chester for many funny, inspiring, wonderful moments.
CHESTER & LP forever.

Thank you for sharing this. I wish I had gone following the cancelled gig at Manchester.