Rest in peace Chester

Thank you. I honestly am not sure how to cope with his lost, so I just poured out everything I could think about Chester. I just thought that me sharing it everywhere I could think of, it might be able to help someone else not feel so alone. I now I’m feeling a little lost right now. Bless you as well. LPU forever. :heart:

1 Like

I feel you. It took me a whole day to write that because I honestly didn’t know what I should write and where to even start. Please don’t hesitate to express yourself about this great tragedy, especially here in the LPU. We’re all feeling with you. Stay strong, my friend. :heart:

1 Like

those songs will always save you. They are immortal. :slight_smile: Calm down…

4 Likes

I agree @NickGr

Yes he is immortal. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@Honey8 I know but at the moment it’s hard… still hard… but I guess it will make me stronger as soon as I accept it and proceed it. I really looking forward going to Vegas to show him my last honor. :heart:

1 Like

I know it very well. I was sad too. It was my dream to attend atleast 1 concert…which broke.

But friend…trust me i don’t have any bad intentions…just to help ya’ll out. :slight_smile: I wont say much cause everone have different mental strengths…they will recover

Pls do. you are lucky to go…it will help you…i can’t even go for his honour…

1 Like

I wish they did something like that in my country. :frowning:

1 Like

@gatsie where r u from? I’m traveling all the way feom Switzerland to Vegas, now to just say goodbye at 9/2… I’ll thinking of you all when I’m there :heart::heart:

I wish the same…but there are no much fans … feels like i am the only one here.

1 Like

I’m from Holland. Traveling from Switzerland huh? That’s really nice to pay your last respect like that!
It’s heartbreaking and heartwarming to see people in Russia and Asia pay their last respect for Chester together as well.

I see more and more people online suggesting to do something creative to show our support. Maybe make a video of some sort. It would be a way for anyone all over the world to be able participate. To give something back to the band.

1 Like

I was at the train station yesterday and i had my linkin park tshirt. I had OML playing and i was crying. Someone came to me and said “i will miss him too”.

10 Likes

The number of people don’t want to belive it.

1 Like

News of his death was the first thing I saw about 7am Friday morning Aus eastern time in my fb feed, I couldn’t believe it went to twitter to fact check and Mike said the words no one wanted to hear and I lost it, nearly threw my phone at a wall. spent the trip into work listening to OML and seeing all the reports on my feed. wanting to know more but there’s really nothing that can be done even if there was more info. I felt so weird being happy and cheery at work but really my heart was hurting, trying to keep focused. nearly loosing it every time I clicked on the new tab in my web browser ( god damn msn and edge for delivering headlines) I came home after work via grabbing some art supplies and cried more for hours and painted, while listening to OML.

Still can’t believe he’s gone T_T
One More Light would have to be the most positive themed album that they’ve written. It makes no sense but then mental illness isn’t rational.

I feel weird that his suicide Its hitting me so hard even though I never knew him. But LP were always there after a shitty day at school or just with my own head or drowning out my parents’ fighting and Mike and Chester’s voices were the thing that kept the hope lit, simply because someone out there understood and seemingly had come out the other side.
My heart is shattered. I have nothing but my love to give Mike, Brad, Phoenix, Rob and Mr Hahn their families and friends.if we’re this shattered I can barely imagine the kind of grief they’re going through.

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

3 Likes

2 Likes

I’ve been trying to keep my mind off of everything for the last few days and distract myself, but every so often it just hits me. No more band chats with him, no more interviews, no more tweets, no more meet and greets, no more concerts. Listening to the band will never be the same.

All these things that I never really thought about as a Linkin Park fan, I’d never think would come to an end anytime soon, and in a way so tragic as this.

If I didn’t have to work as much as I do, I don’t think I’d be able to function for a while. I was only a week away from seeing him again, it’s devastating to think about…

I’ve broken down a few times and cried a little, but once this all completely sets in I’m sure it’ll be much worse. I still feel like it’s not real.

8 Likes

Chester Bennington RIP - In memory of Chester Bennington
https://youtu.be/1wsp8DZ9qvk

I can’t listen to LP instrumentals rn as the removal of Chester’s vocals really amplifies the voidness left behind. Same for those demos where Mike sings but not in the final version.

I miss each of Chester’s voice…

He sings like an angel and screams like the devil. Yup.

I can’t even…

I’ve read that already but still don’t know why he called Chester a “coward”…