Random Poll Thread

Seems like they’re not very accurate- but 11 - 12 songs a day… :thinking: I consider if this is a lot, or normal- or a low rate…

Calculate again, the 4185 is in minutes. And Spotify only collects data up until October 31st.

1 Like

:open_mouth: that becomes complicated- average song has 3:13 mins ( randomly picked)
Ok
1: -

• 4185/3,13= 1337,06

• 1337,06 / 303 = 4,41 per day until October forced me a bit, this calculation :joy:

U forgot to include this in. (I edited it in)

1337,06/303 = 4,41(Yup, still low, Lorenzo listens to Spotify 4 times as often as me)

1 Like

I edited mine same time and our results are right now :stuck_out_tongue::hugs:

If you’re wondering why so little, I’ve switched loyalties to Deezer.

pringledeezer

deezer

2 Likes

I do sometimes lol.

I agree :crazy_face:

Time for another social experiment.

Do you think right and wrong are objective (inherent in nature and universal) or subjective (dependant on how we define it)?

• Right & wrong are objective
  • Right & wrong are subjective

0 voters

Most definitely subjective, they’re relative to opinion.

Example:
I have no issue eating animals, the weirder the animal, the better. Most of you see me as a monster for eating kangaroo and liking it. Hence you would say eating a kangaroo is bad and I’m wrong in doing so. Your reasoning as to why I’m wrong is idiotic though. Me eating a kangaroo is no worse than me eating a cow or a pig, the fact that one is ‘cuter’ than the other has nothing to do with morality. :joy:

EDIT: I’m assuming we’re not talking about something like mathematics where there is most definitely right and wrong. 2+2 is not 3457576384684.

4 Likes

Correct, this poll is about morality.

Though I disagree, I think morality is objective and that we have to align our perception and reasoning to it. To expand on the animal example, I think it’s universally wrong to kill. Whether it’d be an animal or another human being. That makes eating animals, in my understanding, immoral.

Taking it to another level, I think it’s universally wrong to steal. Because in the end, all forms of harm and pain are a form of theft. To kill is to steal a life. To physically or verbally hurt somebody is to steal their right to live a healthy life. To rape is to steal the free choice of participating in sexual intercourse, etc.

1 Like

Staying ture to the thread title.

This one’s a bit extensive compared to usual (8 questions), but I’m genuinely interested in what people outside of PC-crazed circles are running. This one’s similar to @mish3lka’s phone one before, but for computers.

What type of computer do you own?

• Desktop
  • Laptop
  • Both, but the desktop is my main
  • Both, but the laptop is my main
  • Neither

0 voters

What brand is it (your main one)?

• Acer
  • Apple
  • Asus
  • Dell
  • Gigabyte
  • HP
  • Lenovo
  • MSI
  • Razer
  • Sony
  • Toshiba
  • Other (Post below)
  • Mine’s custom built
  • How the hell should I know?

0 voters

CPU?

• Worse than Intel i3 or equivalent
  • Intel i3 or equivalent
  • Intel i5 or equivalent
  • Intel i7 or equivalent
  • Intel i9 or equivalent
  • Better than Intel i9 or equivalent (post below)
  • Ummmmm…
  • Not listed, I know what it is, no idea where it stands (post below).

0 voters

RAM?

• Under 4 GB (post below)
  • 4 GB
  • 6 GB
  • 8 GB
  • 16 GB
  • 32 GB
  • Over 32 GB (post below)
  • Please, go jump off a cliff.

0 voters

Drive(s)?

• HDD
  • SSD
  • SSHD
  • SSD & HDD
  • Some other mix of the above (post below)
  • Sod off

0 voters

Total storage?

• Under 100 GB (post below)
  • 100 - 300 GB
  • 301 - 600 GB
  • 601 - 1000 GB
  • 1000 - 2000 GB
  • Over 2000 GB (post below)
  • No clue

0 voters

GPU?

• Integrated (e.g. Intel Graphics 620) (post below)
  • Dedicated (e.g. Nvidia GTX 1050) (post below)
  • Both (post below)
  • I don’t know

0 voters

Probably the most important question. Are you satisfied with it?

• Yes
  • Yes, but I’m probably due for an upgrade
  • For the most part
  • 50/50
  • Not really
  • I want to smash this pile of garbage to pieces

0 voters

To answer my own GPU question.

Intel HD 630 and an Nvidia GTX 1050.

I bought one of the laptops recommended by my college major (HP Spectre) so I don’t really know all the specifics but I it handles the programs I need it to so I’m happy with it.

1 Like

I’ve heard good things about the spectre, but I avoided it given my experience with i7s. A lot of people seem to have a downer on HP, but my family has been on HPs almost exclusively (apart from my current Dell) and we’ve had no real issues with them. I’m not counting my continuing war with W10, because it continues on the Dell as well, so not the HP’s fault, it was fine on 8 and 8.1.

1 Like

I.O.U one question (the driver one), I don’t know the answer.

1 Like

I don’t know anything… :joy: :see_no_evil: I’ll look for more infos later…

1 Like

I have HP and no problems with it. And I must say (with shame) that it fell to the ground. Twice. On a tiled floor… And still runs without any problems, I’m very satisfied with it. I must say I was worried when they bought me a HP in work, I expected much more problems, but it runs like a charm, I love it :slight_smile:

I had some Asuses previously but it was a crap every single time. We also have a Dell at home. It’s a larger laptop (17’’ I think) but I wouldn’t change my HP for it. Dells have some weird battery charging, it’s always out of power… My laptop runs about 4 hours without charging - and it’s a much older notebook.

I would like to add a pair of other polls to yours @the_termin8r, if you don’t mind :slight_smile:

How old is your computer? Round the number of years, so if you have 1,5 years, it’s 2.

• 0 years
  • 1 years
  • 2 years
  • 3 years
  • 4 years
  • 5 years
  • more than 6 years

0 voters

Do you have a touch display on your computer?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

What is your computer’s display size? Round the number (so if you have e.g. 14.3, then vote for 14 but if you have 14.7, then vote for 15).

• 13’’ or less
  • 14’’
  • 15’’
  • 16’’
  • 17’’
  • 18’’
  • 19’’-22’’
  • 23’’-26’’
  • 27’’ and more

0 voters

Apart from the display you have originally with your computer, up to how many external displays do you use?

• 0 (i.e. I only use the one I have with my computer)
  • 3 and more

0 voters

How long does your battery last?

• Up to 1 hour
  • 1-2 hours
  • 2-3 hours
  • 3-4 hours
  • 4-5 hours
  • 5-8 hours
  • 8-10 hours
  • 10 hours and more

0 voters

1 Like

Mine’s a year in late Feb.

Those are a total gimmick,especially on a laptop. I had the option to get mine with a touch for a lot more money. The only advantage of the touch in the case of my XPS is that it’s 4K, whereas the normal one is standard 1080. That doesn’t bother me though.

Have no need for more screens.

That varies, watching a film, it died during the credits after about 2h, with normal work for uni (word, chrome, etc…) I can get maybe 5h.

@mish3lka Isn’t 100 - 300 GB too small an amont of storage for you?

1 Like

Changed 2 replies thanks to @the_termin8r :grin:
Yeah,my pc is from Feb 2014,but it works… :relieved: :grin:

2 Likes

2014? When I saw the specs on WA, I was thinking pre-2010. I didn’t even know they still made Pentiums.

2 Likes