Random Poll Thread

2014? When I saw the specs on WA, I was thinking pre-2010. I didn’t even know they still made Pentiums.

2 Likes

Yes… I think it’s one of the last one built like that…

2 Likes

I don’t see the point in touch screen computers unless it’s some fancy hi-tech machine that actually works properly and has a purpose. I could get mine with touch screen but decided against it since it can really f*ck it up.

Battery wise, mine is dead, it has to be plugged in constantly.

1 Like

Yes, it is. And I’d certainly like to have an SSD. But I won’t buy a new disc into a school computer for my money, so I’m waiting for them to buy me one (or for the notebook to die) :laughing:

Well I didn’t either. But I got one for free and now I think it’s a useful tool sometimes. Just sometimes. I wouldn’t use it full-time. But it’s good to “peck” into it every now and then, mainly when browsing and doing repeating klicking jobs (dialogs on different places etc). For me, touch is like a key shortcut, you don’t use it everyday, but sometimes it speeds your work a bit.

Actually I would maybe use it much more often for computer graphics, but I’d need a pen… Which I don’t have, so…

1 Like

I’m a bit confused, who’s ‘them’?

Depending on the type you want, you can get fairly cheap ones. But the one thing I will caution you with is opening the laptop, as I found yesterday with my old HP, unless there’s a dedicated hatch for the component, opening the laptop is a total pain.

1 Like

It’s a company computer, bought by the school where I work :slight_smile:

My colleagues did this already on another computer like this. But it costs about 100euros, which I currently don’t want to invest into a thing that’s not really mine.

1 Like

Ah, so it’s not fully yours. Understood.

Definitely, or you could mod it and then take back the parts when you give it back or when it dies. :stuck_out_tongue: But that’s not worth the trouble.

1 Like

Yes. And usually after some time you cannot sell any such parts anymore …

I have a desktop so it always has to be plugged in

1 Like

‘‘Sod off’’ LOL!

3 Likes

I just realised I forgot to set the brand poll to show who voted. It’s not a deliberate thing, though it might be better for the anonymity of Apple owners (@NickGr) :joy:

3 Likes

Thanks for engineering the data security and anonymity :joy::joy:

4 Likes

Mines a Samsung desktop and an acer laptop.

1 Like

Going over the results, it seems the most common for now are i5 laptops with 8GB RAM. I expected to see more desktops, I also didn’t expect to see anyone with 32GB RAM (@melisLP going harcore :joy:), I’ll be joining that club in a couple of months. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Holy cow 32GB? What’s that for?

In my case, just because overkill. I really don’t need it, nor do I need the crazy SSD I’ll be upgrading to (I need a bigger one, but I can go for worse and cheaper), but I just want to max out the laptop for the sake of it. Technically I’ll be maxing out the RAM, I can go even bigger on the SSD (for a lot more money) and I can buy another 4TB SSD to replace the HDD. So I can go to a combined storage of about 6TB or over, but it’ll cost a fortune. :joy:

Wouldn’t do that, you’ll never fill up all that storage room!

Exactly, the 4TB alone costs just under a grand. I’m going for a 960GB NVMe beast and keeping the 1TB HDD as is. I can also go for a bigger battery, but it means ditching the HDD because it takes up the space .

This is another one that started from a conversation with friends. I’m starting to think that it might just be something that only I do.

Do you wash your hands when you get home after you’ve been out?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

2 Likes

I thought I was the only weird one… :joy:

1 Like