Q&a with linkin park + projekt revolution 2002global stream event

I’m so damn excited for this! I never got the chance to see these beautiful souls live. They were almost my first concert, it would’ve been the show in Hershey as a part of The Hunting Party tour, winter of 2015, but I remember it got cancelled because Chester needed surgery on his leg. Then I almost got to see them again, would’ve been July 30, 2017…

I guess I understand some of the concerns about this being a money grab, definitely impacts the legitimacy of the heart behind the anniversary rerelease. I do think to some degree that this rerelease is not entirely genuine, but at the same time I’m just happy that this for once (in my opinion) the band seems to be coming together over something for the first in a while. Like, it’s refreshing seeing the material get repurposed. It’s not like the usual “let’s just make a fancy trifold with remastered tracks and maybe half a recorded performance” like we’ll see from other bands, and I can appreciate that. There’s at least effort behind the wave of merchandise too, and whether or not it is just really good marketing or a heartful reinvestment in some of the greatest parts of a lot of our lives, I still love and appreciate Friday’s “show” so much.

5 Likes

See you there, also very excited for this. I’m hoping for some news of new music.

2 Likes

I’ve logged in to my LPU account and can’t find my code :frowning: any ideas where I can find it. I can’t find an email either. I want to buy the tshirt bundle so maybe worthwhile???

As I understand it, you have to have a paid membership to get the discount. It’s only $1.50 from what I know. Don’t buy a membership just for the dicount, you’ll lose money.

Well, i don’t have Twitter acc. What am i gonna do now? Not be able ask anything?!!!

It turns out the Q&A is pre-recorded and not live. It’s quite sad LP has resorted in such a bad marketing move to be honest.

4 Likes

@framos1792, you were right. To be honest, I saw it coming as well.

1 Like

So if it’s pre recorded, if we didn’t submit our questions then we have no chance of asking them? I feel heartbroken…

To be honest, there’s no guarantee that they’ll even answer your question. Pre recording it means they get to pick and choose what to answer.

2 Likes

In the moment they ask to submit the question it was all about sure they sort out the questions that they don’t feel good with. And I can absolutely understand this! Don’t know why this seems to be a surprise for some of you guys. That’s the one point. The other point is that- when it’s not possible to ask q‘s spontaneous- it absolutely makes no difference wether it’s live or recorded.

Considering that this the first time that they go public together after the bowl show after what happened they have every right to shelter themselves and act carefully with their own sanity.

If you don’t like the idea- it’s ok- nobody is forced to take part! But please stay fair and tolerant soldiers!

7 Likes

It’s not a surprise, it’s just a dick move. If you’re charging someone to watch a Q&A, at least have the decency to do it live. As it stands, they’re making you pay for youtube essentially, except with youtube it’s there forever (unless it violates their rules), this will only exist for 2 days and will then vanish into the ether if someone doesn’t record it.

To me it just strikes me as them thinking of how to do the least amount of work for the largest profit, which from a business standpoint is good, but is underhanded ethically.

1 Like

Ethically

1 Like

My problem is not that it’s not live, it’s the way they communicated it. They should have been clear about this from the beginning.

2 Likes

Same here. :raising_hand_woman: Did you find your code yet? I just wrote an e-mail to the support but I don`t wanna miss the early bird sale…

@evooba how do you know its pre-recorded?

In their Instagram-post you can see a short sequence of the Q&A

Thanks, I’ve just seen.
Agree with some of the comments, this is a bit underhanded to market it as they did and that it is then not a live Q&A.
Still excited though.

1 Like

No I didn’t so I just bought it anyway, dont want to miss out tomorrow!

LPUHQ said so on Twitter.

hello, all LPU - members (payed status) got an e-mail with a code. if you hadn’t one, contact the customer service from that stream site.

I had a ‘different’ problem, bc I thought there would be another code after I bought the ticket → code for a ticket, so I contacted the customer service and they sended me my personla discount code again :sweat_smile:

It’s been confusing, but I’m so excited for tomorrow evening