Plug.dj Information, Guides, & Discussion

Oops I meant this one

2 Likes

Lol :joy: Next time weā€™ll join WoW too

1 Like

Lol sure WoW is free to play up til lvl 20. Find me at server Argent Dawn, horde faction šŸ§šŸ¾ā€ā™€ :rofl:

1 Like

@gatsie whats your PC loadout and how unhappy was it dual running WOW and Plug?

Yesterday while running plug, WoW only crashed once and it was because I accidentally opened Photoshop to edit my screenshot :sweat_smile:.

Oh, I run most games from my external hard drive.

My current laptop is now +/- 5 years old;
Anus R510C, 17inch screen, i7core, 4GB RAM, internal harddisk of 500GB and an Nvidia GeForce GT 720M graphics card.

I am actually on the lookout for a new laptop:
https://www.bol.com/nl/p/msi-gf65-9sexr-430nl-gaming-laptop-15-6-inch/9200000133180492?referrer=socialshare_pdp_androidapp

Thatā€™s an even bigger bottleneck. USB from that time is slower than SATA. I was more interested in if your CPU/GPU were on the verge of exploding.

Iā€™d be careful with the Taiwanese stuff. MSI arenā€™t known for their build quality. Iā€™m also against gaming laptops.

My Asus gets to cool off for 5 days a week. I havenā€™t checked the CPU yesterday, though :see_no_evil:.

My internal harddisk was getting rather full, now that I moved my game files to the external drive it seems to be running better.

My brother actually got an MSI laptop since a few months. Of course all is great when a laptop is fresh from the box. I do want a strong laptop that I can torture just as much as my Asus, perhaps even more.

What would you suggest?

1 Like

If youā€™re that dead set on a gaming laptop, check out Dellā€™s G range, they tend to be good value-for-money budget-systems (The 3s donā€™t have the best build quality either though). Iā€™ve heard good things about Lenovoā€™s Legion series. The problem with gaming laptops is that youā€™re paying a permium just because it has ā€˜gamingā€™ stamped on the box and because of the RGB.

My advice is to settle on a vague loadout and see which non-gaming laptops offer something similar and at what price. The only downside of the non-gaming ones is that the cooling might be slightly worse. Also, my advice is to buy the cheapest version of the CPU/GPU/Screen option you want and then upgrade the RAM and SSDs on your own (much cheaper that way).

I donā€™t want to spam up this thread, find me in the tech thread if you want to talk about this more.

1 Like

Iā€™m on Plug DJ. After a long time. Someone to join? @anna834 @HakManLP @zanybelle @justinkilmer?

2 Likes

Still wonā€™t work for me properly but Iā€™ll listen! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Would love to. In an hour or so, still out with the sheep. :hugs:

1 Like

I might come by in about 15 mins.

1 Like

Itā€™s glitching on me. Keeps kicking me and chat input isnā€™t working for me.

Screenshot_20200819-195848~2

We gathered as much :laughing: this whole site is skewwiff! I canā€™t play anything.

4 Likes

Oh, so those did come through. :joy:

1 Like

@NickGr Iā€™m off work still this week- Iā€™ve a few appointments but mostly early afternoon- so late afternoon could fit for the whole week

2 Likes

So am I so the late afternoon is an only option :joy:

1 Like

Wednesday afternoon? 4 or 5 pm?!

Your time, right ? Not sure tbh

1 Like

Jup :blush:- fits with you?