Geek thread - Discuss IT stuff

Well, we’ve got Petrolheads thread(hey @the_termin8r), my/his/her/your/its/etc thread but we don’t have an IT geek thread for people to share their thoughts about new or just favourite devices, computers, apps/etc.
Probably there isn’t one as no one needs one but we’ll see… :see_no_evil:

4 Likes

So, IPhone X is released worldwide. I think this model is actually pretty retarded… nothing really unexpected like 3D Touch… and , speaking of the style, iPhone has lost its front panel style which was good. Plus here it costs ab 1500$. The phone has a few of perspective ideas though and it’s not that bad but still… (please note, this is Apple huge fan speaking lol)

1 Like

You know the funniest thing? I may well be doing electrical engineering but I don’t know all that much about PCs (in terms of specs that people get hyped about); I know a bit but not much. Probably because it doesn’t really interest me that much.

2 Likes

I’ve mentioned you cause i’ve mentioned your thread and this one is pretty much alike but with IT stuff instead of cars :3

1 Like

I know. I’ll post here occasionally.

1 Like

My friend is planning to buy it! :joy:

1 Like

AMD or Nvidia?

I used to study IT, but it was too difficult so I quit :smile:

Speaking about the new iPhone, I don’t even bother to look up what’s new anymore. At this point the rate at which new smartphone models are being released just annoys me

3 Likes

This. I just don’t care anymore. I stopped caring after like the iphone 4. Last week I was under the impression that samsung had reached the S9. Turns out they’re on 8 which isn’t too far off.

2 Likes

NVIDIA. Always.
Lol

NVIDIA all the way.

As for iphone…not a fan, love my Samsung S8, but before that was a Sony Xperia fan - i love how they do compact phones without compromising on tech, and the battery life was amazing…unlike everyone else, who think compact means go budget on tech.

2 Likes

Oh man, BT stuff is killing me sometimes… especially when every Bluetooth device needs to charge at the same time and you’ve got only one cable :expressionless:

Yeah, Sony Xperia phones are cool, but the screen size… isn’t for my hands :see_no_evil:

So - here’s a hilarious trick to play on yourself (or others) - turn off the notification on ‘dialer’. When your phone rings - it rings - but you can’t answer it… (that had me going for 3 days till I figured it out…)

1 Like

I just got my Samsung galaxy s 8 too i had the 6 edge . I love the 8 better. I never like the I phone at all.

1 Like

Surrounded but not defeated, the Apple fan (me :joy:)

3 Likes

OK - MAC osx or Windows?

I’m MAC - love my mac, wish I could use my mac at work

1 Like

Never used Mac and probably never will. I’m so used to Windows and I barely have problems with it

I hate the MAC UI so badly. In fact I just hate Apple UI on any of their devices.

2 Likes

I think I just like how my mac never crashes…ever.
But it’s OK - I can live in a thread full of windows…

2 Likes