Plug.dj Information, Guides, & Discussion

Lol sure WoW is free to play up til lvl 20. Find me at server Argent Dawn, horde faction 🧝🏾‍♀ :rofl:

1 Like

@gatsie whats your PC loadout and how unhappy was it dual running WOW and Plug?

Yesterday while running plug, WoW only crashed once and it was because I accidentally opened Photoshop to edit my screenshot :sweat_smile:.

Oh, I run most games from my external hard drive.

My current laptop is now +/- 5 years old;
Anus R510C, 17inch screen, i7core, 4GB RAM, internal harddisk of 500GB and an Nvidia GeForce GT 720M graphics card.

I am actually on the lookout for a new laptop:
https://www.bol.com/nl/p/msi-gf65-9sexr-430nl-gaming-laptop-15-6-inch/9200000133180492?referrer=socialshare_pdp_androidapp

That’s an even bigger bottleneck. USB from that time is slower than SATA. I was more interested in if your CPU/GPU were on the verge of exploding.

I’d be careful with the Taiwanese stuff. MSI aren’t known for their build quality. I’m also against gaming laptops.

My Asus gets to cool off for 5 days a week. I haven’t checked the CPU yesterday, though :see_no_evil:.

My internal harddisk was getting rather full, now that I moved my game files to the external drive it seems to be running better.

My brother actually got an MSI laptop since a few months. Of course all is great when a laptop is fresh from the box. I do want a strong laptop that I can torture just as much as my Asus, perhaps even more.

What would you suggest?

1 Like

If you’re that dead set on a gaming laptop, check out Dell’s G range, they tend to be good value-for-money budget-systems (The 3s don’t have the best build quality either though). I’ve heard good things about Lenovo’s Legion series. The problem with gaming laptops is that you’re paying a permium just because it has ‘gaming’ stamped on the box and because of the RGB.

My advice is to settle on a vague loadout and see which non-gaming laptops offer something similar and at what price. The only downside of the non-gaming ones is that the cooling might be slightly worse. Also, my advice is to buy the cheapest version of the CPU/GPU/Screen option you want and then upgrade the RAM and SSDs on your own (much cheaper that way).

I don’t want to spam up this thread, find me in the tech thread if you want to talk about this more.

1 Like

I’m on Plug DJ. After a long time. Someone to join? @anna834 @HakManLP @zanybelle @justinkilmer?

2 Likes

Still won’t work for me properly but I’ll listen! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Would love to. In an hour or so, still out with the sheep. :hugs:

1 Like

I might come by in about 15 mins.

1 Like

It’s glitching on me. Keeps kicking me and chat input isn’t working for me.

Screenshot_20200819-195848~2

We gathered as much :laughing: this whole site is skewwiff! I can’t play anything.

4 Likes

Oh, so those did come through. :joy:

1 Like

@NickGr I’m off work still this week- I’ve a few appointments but mostly early afternoon- so late afternoon could fit for the whole week

2 Likes

So am I so the late afternoon is an only option :joy:

1 Like

Wednesday afternoon? 4 or 5 pm?!

Your time, right ? Not sure tbh

1 Like

Jup :blush:- fits with you?

I think I’m gonna be late as I’m studying… check the grind gears thread in a few - will explain the situation there not to flood this one

1 Like

:open_mouth: :no_mouth::cry::sob::sob::sob: ohhhh what a pity :no_mouth::grimacing::roll_eyes::hugs::hugs::hugs::muscle:t2::muscle:t2::tomato::tomato::tomato: :bangbang: sending you legendary bonecrushers ALOT :hugs::hugs::hugs:

But let me take this as an opportunity- how about an INDIAN SUMMER MEETING ON PLUG?! :tada::tada: :notes: :man_dancing:t2: this weekend?

Do you guys feel like sharing your new music and some old school HT and stuff?! :notes: :man_dancing:t2: laughing- talking and having a good hour? I would like to set a poll

You guys feel like having a plug this weekend? Just vote for the day, then a yes/no question is obsolete …

• Friday
  • Saturday
  • Sunday

0 voters

Let’s see who comes … Excuse me for tagging :stuck_out_tongue: but wanted to assure you guys see this post!!

Taglist ( tagging ppl with an actual account… :sweat_smile:
@NickGr
@samuel_the_leader
@the_termin8r
@gatsie
@rickvanmeijel
@jabinquaken
@lpfan61
@anna834
@Lilyope

3 Likes