Personal Projects

this is a great topic Rob, I did not get half of the explanations- too technically untalented to understand this stuff, but what I see and get is this:

• every rc you got- got through a transformation- into the wilder, more pace- power and shape process and I laughed so hard with the Nivea-deo-can… :ok_hand:t2:- brilliant

• you give names to your babies, this so nice - still I love banshee most, because I know her personally :grin:

• I said this already yesterday, but the way you organised your thread is absolutely professional, could be an aplication for an internship at McLarens

• your passion and talent for constructions and your skills in this are shining all over this thread :raised_hand:t2:

Very great work man :sunny:

4 Likes

So last night I was planning on starting a new project called ‘Dafuq’ based on the insane ratio I came up with the other day, except it had far fewer gears and they were smaller. It failed immediately because the motors are so miserable.

This is as far as I got (the one I tried physically had smaller gears):

I’m going to try one last Lego RC project. I’m calling it “Desperation” for obvious reasons. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

haha hilarious project names

As I see this, project Desperation might actually make a good chassis for TOD.

1 Like

Ohooo nice. I would love to see desperation under construction! This thread really has lot to learn from… :slightly_smiling_face:

Well desperation staying true to it’s name is actually using very little of my design. The whole front and rear ends I’m taking from the 42039 LMP car. I’m just doing the middle.

This is where I’m up to so far with the reconstruction (the gears and motors on the back are my addition):

4 Likes

Wow. Great progress. From where do you get the materials? Is there a set of all stuffs or something??

My progress has been pathetically slow because I’ve been lazy today. This sort of progress I can do in 15 mins on a good day. As for parts, that’s from all the Lego sets I’ve gotten over the years and some extra pieces I bought for the unnamed car project.

2 Likes

Woooooow
Awesome! Really.

6 Likes

Heuheuheu :joy: That’s basically me apart from the guitar playing, because as we’ve seen, I’ve got as much musical talent as Justin Bieber.

4 Likes

Bieber lol

3 Likes

Nuance. :stuck_out_tongue: Edited it.

2 Likes

Like I said yesterday I’m going with some questions! :laughing: @the_termin8r

Q1: I tried all the combinations with the tyres, but where did I go wrong? The car seems suspendend… :thinking: :see_no_evil:

Q2: where did you find the horn for the knight? I made a combination of 2 halves, because I can’t find the one like yours…

Here’s the last photo… I don’t know why, but mine seems different from yours… :see_no_evil:

It’s supposed to be like that because the physical version is tilted forward when sitting on something.

That’s funny because I need to ask you about the dragon head. :stuck_out_tongue: Could you give me the piece code when you get a chance please? I’m not at my computer right now but Ill give you the piece code for the horns.

Looking at it briefly, the only thing I can see wrong with it is the head of the forklift. You used a 2x2x1 slanted piece, you need a 2x2x2, it needs to be taller .

1 Like

Ok!so I made it right after all… :grin:

Really??? I found something before you!?! That’s really funny!!! :joy: :blush: well, after several hours digging around the pieces…I finally found it between the animals… it’s not a dragon, it’s a horse! :horse: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: don’t know the code…sorry…description said “HEAD DECO,FOR HORSE”… hope it’s useful…

Description said “dome 32”… digging but can’t find more big… :confused:

@lpfan61

The tyre and wheel combinations I used for the orange car were 30027+30028 for the rear and 4624+3139 for the front.

The horns are 87695

The correct forklift headpiece is 3678 ( I got the dimensions wrong in the other post, it’s meant to be 2x2x2 not 2x2x3).

1 Like

How can I find the code for the horse so I can give it to you?

Thank you so much!!! :smile:

Just click the piece and look towards the bottom left of the screen.

Also if you’re unsure of the part code of a piece you can’t find you can use brickset. Because in the back of instructions you get exact part codes but LDD works in general part codes (exact part codes specify things like colour as well where the general is only the type of piece). Just use the search function on the site. It’s a good site for anything lego related. It even has a set database with info on each set including parts lists. And which sets each piece is used in.

1 Like

Idiot me! It was in front of my eyes… :joy: :see_no_evil:

Code is: 6125

Ok! Thanks! For now… :blush: :smile:

1 Like

Got it, thanks. :slight_smile:

1 Like