Personal Projects

Also I notice you take actual pictures of your screen and then upload them. You can just do a screenshot of your PC and then paste it directly into there, you don’t need an image link.

I tried with the ldd, but then it appears with a white or a yellow background…like this for example:

Btw: I found all the pieces, except the 87695 (horn)… don’t know why…but doesn’t matter… The fact that I found something before you is rewarding… :smile: :rofl:

1 Like

Just hit the prt sc button on your keyboard.

The horns are in the axe section (3rd from last) in the middle of the 35th row.

1 Like

Thank you sooo much! You are very patience with me… :blush: :smile: I’ll try and let you know…

Also I forgot to mention this, I should have at the very start, don’t forget to work in ‘extended mode’. When you first open the program and it gives you the little window, make sure you select the black tab at the top on the window.

1 Like

In fact I used the first one… :joy: thanks for telling me… :smile:

1 Like

Just added a glossary to the OP. This might help some of you. It’s not extensive but should do for this thread. For now it is only RC stuff as I don’t know what I could add for Lego.

EDIT: IDK why the final term is in huge writing.

EDIT 2: Ok, fixed it.

1 Like

Project desperation is almost done. Just need to order a few more parts and it should be good to go. Turning this into an LDD file will be so annoying.

6 Likes

Great progress with project desperation!
:slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face:

awwww, how niiiice you added a glossary, helps me a lot, reading it right before gave me the feel I can understand and get a slightly knowledge about this stuff :heart_eyes: Thank you very much Rob :grinning:!

And I guess I found a mini error :see_no_evil: But you told us to make you aware on them, so- here it is…
IMG_5145

If I got it right, this must be brushed?!

1 Like

Great, now I’m not getting notifications for my own thread :confused: . Thanks for pointing it out @theearlywalker it is meant to say brushed.

1 Like

But why?? I’m getting the notifications, but not the right counting of replies and likes… but these doesn’t matter like the notifications… :roll_eyes:

Sit rep:

The day before yesterday I did some restyling of Desperation. I still need to order the remaining electronics otherwise it is pretty much finished. I’m still not sure how I feel about the mudguards though.

In other news, I still haven’t managed to find my damn pieces. I’ll keep looking today but there is nowhere for me to look. I tried to rebuild 5 of my sets yesterday. only managed one.

This is the one I managed. 2543 - UFO A couple of the pieces are damaged and I couldn’t find black pincers for the green ‘lasers’ so I had to use grey ones.

7200 , 8678 , 3841 and 7658 were impossible to finish. Actually the 7658 Y wing was almost impossible to start. I couldn’t make it past step 0 because I couldn’t find my droid and couldn’t make it past step 2 because the beige pieces (view pic) were missing.

7200 - The final dual (I don’t have my minifigures either)

8678 - Francesco

3841 - Minotaurus board game (this one is actually almost finished, it’s only missing 7 pieces).

7236 - Police car (this is missing a couple of pieces).

I don’t know. The forum has been glitching out recently for me. I didn’t even know Pat has posted until I open the thread.

6 Likes

What’s happening dude?
First those lego parts and now these notifs :confused:
Just check if they are in watching…

Still hoping that you may find all pieces…:no_mouth:

I am getting all the notifs from the threads… its a bit okay now. It was glitching a lot before…

I am watching it. Also no luck with the pieces.

This is where desperation has lead me. Tomorrow I will go through my sister’s sets piece by piece.

Worse still these are incredibly diverse sets piece-wise. And even worse than that is that when I went through them yesterday I didn’t even see some of these. Like the bat and the rabbit in the bottom right weren’t there. Nor was the big theme park. So either I’m blind or she has missing pieces too.

The only good thing that happened today was that I managed to build my old knights today without any pieces missing which as far as I’m concerned is a total miracle. Their sword arms have a swing action, all the limbs are adjustable and hold position.

Left to right:
8782 - Danju
8783 - Jayko
8784 - Rascus
8785 - Santis
8786 - Vladek

I also found that I have a set from all the way back in 1990. That’s 8 years older than me. I probably got it long after that though I’ve estimated that it was discontinued somewhere after 1994. Maybe a shop had one sitting on a shelf for years or something. The set is 515-1.

2 Likes

Search well with your sister! They can’t disappear like this! :confused:
The first photo seems “choose the odd one”… :grin:

1 Like

My sister is terrible at looking for things. Also she has school for the most of the day.

Understood… then you have to search alone in every room… :confused: hope you’ll find all the pieces… otherwise it would be a pity…

1 Like

I’m just hoping my sister has missing pieces on the basis that it will prove that I’m not insane.

3 Likes

:joy: you’re not insane! :wink:

1 Like