Personal Projects

So I’ve decided to try and make a website for my projects. I guess this can finally go in the “other projects” section. I won’t post a link until I’m happy with it though.

2 Likes

Okay. New website idea is good. :v:

Curious about it already! You are so creative atm, that’s just great :+1:t2: :sunny:

The only problem I’m going to have it implementing it. I’m planning on ditching the OP in favour of a site link. However, I don’t want to make you guy make yet another account for something and have yet another place to have to check into. I guess you’ll still be able to comment here as well so that’s not so bad.

1 Like

Quick update on the site. I’m pretty much half way done, I have to do the Lego section and write up the site guide and it should be ready for release. I should point out that it contains the same info as this thread.

1 Like

It looks great the car runs good what i can see on the video

1 Like

Yeah, I just need to get used to the new transmitter, the trigger and steering are stiffer and require harder squeezing and twisting.

Ok so last night I finished the site and I’m releasing it today. I’d appreciate it if you guys could just browse through it a bit and leave some honest feedback (either here or on there) when you’ve got the time. Also I’d like to point out that the banner is the only bit I’m not happy with.

Thanks

http://robert-m-personal-projects.shivtr.com/

EDIT: Make sure you view it on PC or if on mobile, scroll to the bottom of the main page and click “web version”

@lpfan61
@AJ_7
@rickvanmeijel
@theearlywalker
@Honey8
@hilaryfol
@framos1792

3 Likes

Wow! Now all projects are together and it’s all tidy, so we can easily find them… :smile: well done! Just to be sure I understood well: now will you continue to post here on forum as well or only the site? Or only link here? :thinking:

1 Like

That’s what I’m undecided about. My plan is to just have a site link in the OP and post progress updates on here as well as the site.

1 Like

:thinking: people could want to see here as well…or maybe with a link that explains the update… well…your projects, you decide! :muscle: :wink:

Ok- gonna go there now…

Edit: I am back… :grin: @the_termin8r

Questions:

The site-forum is like the forums here, right? Each project has a thread, right? And each thread has three sub-threads ( progress, feedback ans Q&A.) Right? What I miss at this point is kinda like introducing the projects with a pic and a short description.

There is a log-in, what is it for? As far as I see I have to make an account to post a comment on the side?!

The site appearance and content and the way you chose your words are making a good and professional impression, clear and straight, termina8r style- very well done Rob :+1:t2:

Your advices to pretend misuse are surely right and important, but I wouldn’t use red colour for them- that’s a bit… and it’s already underlined - maybe massive is the right word

I like the option to ask questions and get advice - that’s a great idea

All in all it’s a great way for sharing your projects outside this plattform here and I hope you have a lot of visitors, maybe you add a visitors-counter.

Very good project and solid work ( as expected :+1:t2::grin::sunny:)

1 Like

I mean daily activity on this thread won’t change, but I’ll be posting the same stuff here as in the forums on the site. However, full project info will be on the site only.

3 Likes

Almost. It goes Section > Forum > Thread e.g. R/C > Banshee > Progress

All the project details are accessed from the top menu (you can’t miss them). The forums are for daily progress and other discussions as you found. Actual project details are on their own dedicated pages.

Actaully, @theearlywalker are you on your phone or PC? The site is different on phones. You have to scroll to the bottom of the main page and click “web version”. Then it will make a lot more sense.

It should look like this:

Yes, that way I can track who makes comments. I’m not too happy with the system but I’ve put it there in case anyone wants to use it. I can make it such that you don’t need an account (you just have to enter a username every time you want to make a post) but then the site doesn’t tell me that a comment has been made. I have to manually check every single thread for activity.

Do you mean in general or in a specific place?

Also I think the site guide will probably help you.

http://robert-m-personal-projects.shivtr.com/pages/site_guide_introduction

3 Likes

Hey! Tall lefty living in world of short righty :laughing:
You’ve really organized your website perfectly and i can imagine how hard you’ve worked on it these days :v::smiley:

I just wanted to ask login is for some members or anyone? + The forums too…

Take your time…

Oh. Then maybe cause of phone i couldn’t see it completely. I’ll switch to pc later and give the feedback :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Not very is the actual answer :joy:

Anyone can make an account.

Ok

Then what’s the actual answer :stuck_out_tongue:

That’s what I’m saying, the answer is “not very” :joy:

Lol! :roll_eyes::laughing::laughing: Okay. My feedback will come tmro. It’s night here and imma sleepin’. (Hate these time zones) Till then talk with dear walker! :blush::hugs: She’s typin’ smthin’

1 Like

Thanx for your explanations Rob :blush::grin:, and yes, I am on mobile. Gonna open the pc later and check it out… the red underlined advices are for example in the feedback section- contructive is an example…