Personal Projects

Well done! :smile: I like the fact that you recycle parts of old projects, so you don’t go directly to buy new expensive one and you make your brain working in adjust what you have… :+1: It’s not important that there isn’t a “real” body…it works, so no problem! :smiley:

2 Likes

This is just the unnamed car project. Not Heretic Mk.2

1 Like

I just finished designing Heretic Mk.2 , this one is relatively simplistic compared to RC V1 and Heretic, because both of the latter had 2 speed transmissions, selectable 4WD and Heretic even had remotely adjustable ride height.

In contrast, Heretic Mk.2 (which staying true to its name is powered by the same 3S brick I use in Banshee) only has the closest to active 4WD that I could design. In essence it trades its 3 differentials for 4 separate motors (one for each wheel) and then uses to switches that detect the position of the steering rack to turn off the motors on the inside of the car when it is going around a bend thus mimicking a differential.

Obviously when this is done in some real electric cars there is far more going on and it’s far more advanced and has a far more profound effect on cornering and performance. In the case of Heretic Mk.2 it was a good way to cram in more motors (for more speed) but eliminate the differentials (that way I don’t have to account for where I have to place drive shafts).

Maybe if I can be bothered I might design a Heretic Mk.3 where I try to make selectable 4WD and remote ride height adjustment. As it stands now, 4WD and suspension geometry are manually adjustable.

As usual designs are available if you want them.

2 Likes

I’m updating the OP with a new link that has in depth motor specs and other such things.

http://www.philohome.com/motors/motorcomp.htm

2 Likes

Another sit rep:

Since I’m helping my dad at work this week he’s paying me in RC parts and not money :stuck_out_tongue: so I ordered a new Tx/Rx combo for Banshee.

It’s a Tactic TTX300 which is actually a pretty cheap radio (it comes packaged with some RCs) however, crucially for me, it has 3 channels, the Rx is tiny and better still neither the Tx or Rx have external antennas and the Tx only uses 4 AAs not 8 like my current one.

Now I can repurpose my old Tx/Rx for Hellhound and ditch the dodgy double Tx/Rx system I’m using.

https://www.tacticrc.com/transmitters/tacj0300-ttx300/ttx300_main.jpg

https://www.tacticrc.com/transmitters/tacj0300-ttx300/tacj0300bi01l-lg.jpg

2 Likes

My Tx/Rx came today, spent a small part of the evening calibrating my ESC and hooking up the Rx. I’m too tired to deal with all the wires and I need to set it up properly with EP and trim adjustment.

2 Likes

I don’t think I’ve asked, have you gotten into drones at all? I was thinking of getting myself another-I always end up gifting them away to cousins or stuff lol

1 Like

I’m terrible at flying quads. I have a very cheap palm sized one and i can’t fly indoors for more than a few secs without crashing, I need to try it outside but even the smallest gust of wind will take it out.

If you’re looking for advice on quads then unfortunately I’m not the guy to ask. Try looking around RC forums and see what people recommend.

Lol nah I was just curious if you were into them as a hobby since you do the rc’s
The palm ones are crap to handle outside haha I’ve had a few bigger ones and they’re more fun it’s just charging batteries are a pain in the backside
You can’t pack anything bigger cuz of weight
I remember for my last one I ended up buying a ton of batteries for it but even then by the time you got it somewhere interesting you had to land it to swap it out :expressionless:

1 Like

Yeah, flight times aren’t great.

So Banshee is finished for now (the only other thing I’m considering is possibly fabricating my own wheelie bar), I’ll post a couple of gifs of tomorrow’s run with the new Tx/Rx combo. I’ve also moved Banshee’s old Tx/Rx into Hellhound. There’s no pics to really share as there are no visible differences.

3 Likes

THATS SOO NICE! You’ve done a great job! :smiley:

There was its its exhibition last night in mall. Some lucky draw kinda thing…

Organising confusions! … lol . Good luck bro! :smiley:

yea… little more organised confusion :sweat_smile:

Aww hell is beautiful ya. It’s gonna look great after you put up its shining lights! :slight_smile:

poor banshee and hellhound… doctor’s call! …lol

They are literally nice ones! :smiley: sometimes it feels is it gonna crash and break but then goes smoothy over snow. i didn’t knew it will work nicely on snow.

ya this is what i thought…

oh its okay . c’on you’ll figure out everything soon! :slight_smile:

And the progress is looking damn awesome! You have great skills to put them in place. I could never be able to fix so small thing. Great ya :+1:

Nice glossary there. It will reduce some volume… will be a bit easy for ya to post stuff.:+1:

mee too. Thats was a nice idea. :smiley:

2 Likes

Thank you!! :blush: :smile:

Are you sure you’re looking at the right gifs? :joy: :joy: :joy: I was expecting to at least go over 5MPH, I barely reached 3. Those gifs were the flukes of the day. The rest of the time I was pushing them along the snow with my foot or they were sitting in place spinning their wheels.

They’re not that small, the LEDs are 10mm in diameter and the sleeves were 13mm (not counting the rim at the front).

That’s the entire point of Lego, you use your pieces for all sorts of things. Anyone who has a pile of pieces from one set and then goes and buys pieces to build something when they could have used the pieces from the set they had is a total imbecile. The unnamed car project actually uses a lot of pieces from the 12039 LMP car.

2 Likes

Even 1MPH is enough for me! :sweat_smile: I am so scared driving them seems like next second is CRASZZHHHH!!! loool!

Still needs skill to work with 1cm thing you know. i won’t be able to do…

Even Desperation was faster than 1MPH. I assure you, you’d hate 1MPH.

i know… i was talkig about snow…

You can’t go that fast in snow even with proper paddle tyres.

So as promised here are a couple of gifs from the run with the new Tx/Rx. From the first run I have to say that it works well; I just have to get used to the heavier trigger and steering wheel. The only thing I don’t like that channel 3 is always switched on when you power up the truck, but that’s just me nit picking.

And of course there was a breakage. This one I actually have no idea how it happened, because the camera has survived a hell of a lot worse. I’m chalking it up to a fluke accident. I rolled over and snapped the camera case mount off. Nothing some superglue can’t fix. I’ll probably fabricate a camera guard and will definitely be making that wheelie bar.

5 Likes

I just randomly decided to finally give the Unnamed car project a name. I’m going for Genesis since it was the first Lego build I would consider a project.

2 Likes