Personal Projects

Also I forgot to mention this before but @Honey8 a dedicated off road RC track is where the most crashes happen because they usually look something like this:

http://www.femca-rc.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/無題.png

Obviously there’s a massive range of layouts, lengths and surfaces, but off road style ones have lots of jumps and places to crash. And unfortunately pretty much all of the good ones are in the US or a stupid distance away from me.

This is a review of the stock version of the buggy version of my truck. It gets driven and deliberatley crashed as hard as possible around a track.

2 Likes

Oh ya. I can see that RC track isn’t good. There will be crashes in almost every lap.

Literally. I hate distance! :confused:

Well if you’re skilled you won’t crash as often. RC tracks look like good fun. Crashing is part of RC, if you’ve never crashed you’re not doing it right or you’re not pushing your vehicle.

3 Likes

Learning by falling :relaxed:

See my beauty black ship… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :blush: (The only parts missing are the clothes… :sailboat: )

3 Likes

Nicely done. I thought you’d abandoned LDD.

1 Like

Thank you!!!
Abandoned??why? I was trying to do easy stuff and so I didn’t post them since this is your personal space… :blush:
Well…the car…yeah I tried and abandoned… :see_no_evil: (42039)
I’m going to do a small audi r8 next… :smile:

1 Like

Because you stopped posting about it.

Well…now you know the reason… :sweat_smile: also don’t worry… I didn’t bother you with my questions just because I don’t have…for now… :joy: :see_no_evil:

Man, I’m like a proper petrolhead even though I’m only fiddling with toy cars. When a petrolhead says that they’re done modding their car everyone knows it’s a lie because they can’t help themselves. Well I’m finding myself in that situation for the 3rd time :joy: :joy: :joy:

After the last crash I figured it would probably be beneficial to add some more lights on Banshee. So in the next couple of days I’ll be buying 4 more LEDs (it’s actually a 5 pack). I know 4 LEDs is not much but they’ll be adding to the bar that I already have. Luckily they’re dirt cheap, the 5 pack of LEDs and a parallel lead will only cost me £5.40.

I’ll be placing them where the fake sticker headlights are now, I’ll drill through the stickers and mount 2 LEDs per headlight. Then I’ll have even more wires to deal with :sweat_smile: :expressionless: But hey, at least you guys will see my hell because I’m planning to take out all the electronics and lay them out on a table before I start arranging them again. :joy:

Hopefully I can start this over the next week or so.

4 Likes

Looks great well done

1 Like

Thank you!! :blush: :smile:

When the LEDs come in this will be the new system block diagram. I’ll update the OP now.

3 Likes

Seems just a biiit complicated… :sweat_smile: :exploding_head: :thinking:

Wait until you see it in person, I’m planning to take all the electronics and lay them out on the table. Then you’ll see just how many wires I have to deal with :joy:

2 Likes

Great idea man- lights will make her shiiiiine :sunny:- that’s cool :sunglasses::+1:t2:

1 Like

It already has lights, I’m adding a couple more.

1 Like

It going tok be so Awesome with more light

So I was doing more work on Banshee today. I screwed the LED bar to the body of the truck through the body of the LED bar because the mounts of the LED bar kept bending in rollovers and are coming close to breaking off. This mod imobilises the LED bar so it can’t bend its mounts.

I also took out all of the electronics because I had the genius idea of using velcro instead of double sided tape to hold things down. That way I can take them off and put them on far more easily without having to clean the tape off (which is a total nightmare) and having to apply fresh tape. It also means I can velcro my battery in which in turn means that getting it out and putting it in is a hell of a lot quicker than my last system of wingnuts in screws. So should the worst happen and the battery goes off, I have more of a chance of getting it out of the truck.

While I was at it I decided to measure the length of all the wires in the car for now (not counting the LEDs and Y lead I have coming). I also counted JR leads as 3 and not 1 because each separate lead has a different purpose. The final figure came to ~10.63m and I’m expecting it to go to ~12.5m after the LEDs and Y lead come in. :exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head:

These are actually the screws and wingnuts I used for the battery tray. They’re long on the bottom because I didn’t have anything to cut them with and don’t have shorter screws. But they don’t impede the function of anything so it’s ok.

This is my hell. And it’s going to get worse.

I tried as best as I could to arrange the electronics as closely as possible to the diagram I posted earlier. Except here the battery is missing and so, again, are the LEDs and Y leads.

The chassis looks pretty barren. Ignore the remains of double sided tape. I ordered some velcro tape to as it turns out I didn’t have any; it should be here on Monday.

2 Likes

:crazy_face: good luck! :exploding_head:

1 Like