Personal Projects

Uhm… take this < 3 - you are so passioned and exact in these constructon things- it’s very feelable- and this is just nice

1 Like

So Banshee is pretty much finished. The clutch plate spring came today so I fitted the new clutch plates and refilled my shocks with fresh oil. I just need to resolder a wire I accidentally pulled off one my cooling fans tomorrow. Also the guy I bought the shock oil from accidentally sent me the wrong bottle so now I have a free bottle of diff oil (he sent me the right thing when I told him he sent me the wrong thing) :stuck_out_tongue: .

I’ll get proper pics of all the mods and I’ll update the OP tomorrow.

Ignore my improvised shock stand lol.

5 Likes

Wow just wow. How long have you been doing this

1 Like

Well I’ve owned the car for maybe 5-ish years but I started getting into it maybe around this time last year.

1 Like

Can‘t wait to see the baby in motion again- will you share the vid of her first excoursion after the tuning??? :eyes:

I hope so, looking forward to it :star_struck:

Doc treating his patient :wink: :+1:

Yep! Please :smiley:

2 Likes

I’m looking to do the first run without a camera as it disrupts the centre of gravity, but I’ll post some gifs of the runs after the first one.

1 Like

So I couldn’t get good pics today because I was busy with an assignment, I’ll try to get them in the next few days. In other news, Banshee is completely ready, I’ve finished all the adjustments and I resoldered the fan wire. Also this is my new set up (OP is updated).

2 Likes

Yaaaay :heart_eyes:- great news

1 Like

I finally got around to taking those pics I said I would take. I’ll update the OP too.

I also decided to add some velcro to the body and chassis.

This is the result of the anti squat. The angle of the front of the rear arms has increased relative to the rest of the chassis. With less of an angle the arms will be closer to being flush with the rear plate.

Front caster blocks, steering knuckles and axles have been upgraded.

Rear hubs too.

You can see the effects of the toe in of the new rear hubs here (notice how the fronts of the rear wheels point in).

Other pics

3 Likes

Well done! :smile: :muscle:

1 Like

Look at this BEAUTY
:heart_eyes:

2 Likes

A picture of a screenshot of a picture? :stuck_out_tongue: :joy:

2 Likes

yeah :joy:

Your best work yet

1 Like

These upgrades were relatively minor compared to the rest of the things I’ve upgraded on it.

Had the first Post Mod V6 run today. Got dark quite quickly; and when it got dark is when it went pear shaped. I broke it again :sweat_smile: :joy: . Luckily it was only a front suspension arm and I still have my old one from before I upgraded it about a year ago.

In other news I’m happy with the last wave of modifications I did, the car behaves even better than it did before and the new clutch spring is ferocious; unlimited wheelies on command. I was used to my old weak spring so I nearly flipped it over in less than a minute after I left my house (1st gif).

Here are some gifs:

I got onto the left wheels here, nearly rolled over.

Here I just like the way the wheels move over the bumps.

The crash that broke the suspension arm.

The result:

This is what is should look like:

I’ll replace both with the stock plastic ones. I might actually swap out the rears too. I’ll see tomorrow.

1 Like

Poor Banshee… :see_no_evil: repair it soon! :muscle: and try it with the light…not at night…so you can see the obstacles… :sweat_smile:

I’ll fix it tomorrow. It wasn’t at night, it was before 18:00, also I know the area really well so I know just about where everything is in the dark, but obviously this time I miscalculated. The camera isn’t great, I could see a fair bit more with my eyes.

1 Like

aaaaaautsch :scream_cat: banshee needs to be healed soon :flushed: