Personal Projects

Just a thought, you mention two motors, are they activating together say when you’re accelerating forward? I haven’t seen the lego motors other than a few old mindstorms ones but just thought if they’re independent from one another then maybe the second is restricting the first when it’s engaged.
Then again those motors I have seen for lego are very weak themselves
If the body(wheels themselves we’re tucked in) weren’t as wide maybe you’d see improvement as well?

The motors do trigger together (they’re on the same channel) although they experience a slight voltage drop together. However, even with the voltage drop 2 are better than 1 without. I’m not sure if narrowing the track will have any effect on speed.

Anyway, Desperation has already been dismantled and FTS has been built. I’ll post pics and footage tomorrow.

2 Likes

I was thinking more towards the effect on torque available
If you think those motors have enough juice in them then you’ve got to be losing it at gears or axle depending on design
Maybe a 4wd approach, a motor at each wheel like in the newer electric cars
Just tossing ideas for fun as desperation is RIP

1 Like

That’s the thing though, they haven’t :stuck_out_tongue: But yeah, I geared them up a bit to get the revs higher, hence why I was using 2 to compensate for the torque drop. I could have gone for the bigger more torque-y XL motors with the lower RPM but by the time I gear them to the M motors standard RPM they’ve lost all their torque as well.

I’ve explored that in the more complex projects, but 4 motors need more batteries adding weight, and then the motors themselves add more weight and also their speeds can’t be regulated separately on command so the car effectively has no differential. I’ve found the old fashioned way of driveshafts and diffs to be most effective.

Yeah feel free to, I’m open to anything.

*RIH (Rot In Hell) :joy:

2 Likes

Really!?

True :joy::joy: give some nice names @the_termin8r

But it was nice project. :+1::+1:

3 Likes

That was the whole point of it.

It just wasn’t no matter which way you spin it.

C’mon… think from that person’s point of view who doesn’t even know ‘b’ of building stuffs and not even ‘l’ of lego…

Here’s that footage of FTS that I said I’d post. A massive improvement over Desperation but still not great.

In other news, I had my first part breaking crash with Banshee today. I bent a turnbuckle at 45 degrees. Other than that all the other parts survived. The other crashes where I smashed up my old phone were bad but nothing broke (the phone still works just fine).

This is all I saw of the wheel when I looked at it in slow motion.

The aftermath:

5 Likes

FTS goes better than desperation! :smiley:

Poor Banshee… :money_mouth_face: :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Hey Rob @the_termin8r !Sorry to bother you with my questions… :sweat_smile: How can you use the “align tool”? I made the program crash 2 times… :see_no_evil: I tried to align 2 pieces, that are connected to others, but I can’t find the right way and at the end it all crashed… I tried to move piece by piece too, but then it disalign with another part… :see_no_evil: :tired_face: disaster… me… :see_no_evil:
I was trying to make the motorcycle 42036, because I thought that it would be easier than a car… Here’s picture…

You picked the wrong build. I tried that bike too (I own the physical one) digitally and found it tricky. I don’t remember if I finished it. I’m still in uni so I can’t be of much help but don’t use the align tool (unless you mean the hinge tool). Instead make a group and move it manually.

1 Like

Don’t worry! The uni is much more important… :hugs:

:scream: which??

Yeah,this…it says “hinge align tool”

No I mean you picked the wrong build in the sense that you made it hard for yourself.

Hinge and Hinge align are 2 different things. I don’t use the HA as it crashes me every time.

The best thing to do is to group major things.

1 Like

I thought of doing the green race car, but then I saw the bike with less pieces… so my mind was: less pieces= easier to do :crazy_face: better if I don’t think about this stuff… :see_no_evil:

Now I know why it crashed to me too… :speak_no_evil:

Well, never mind… I’ll choose another one to do… :sweat_smile: Thanks for your time! :hugs:

I said the 42039 was a tricky and long one if you wanted to challenge yourself and sit there forever. Try making your own design.

1 Like

Understood…I like challenges!even if I make a disaster… :crazy_face: :see_no_evil:
I’ll let you know how it’ll going…but prepare yourself to hear of another strange building… :sweat_smile:
Anyway thanks! :blush:

I haven’t done the 42039 digitally and don’t plan on it either.

:flushed: and you said to me if I want to do it!?! :joy: jk… :joy:

2 Likes

I gave you fair warning.

1 Like

Yeah…I know…I was kidding my friend… :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: thanks for your time and advices! :blush:

1 Like