Personal Projects

Most impressive…

In all seriousness, this is insane! How many hours of work did it take you to complete this project?

3 Likes

I did it over several days, 2 of them were spent mostly in uni so I worked in the evenings. Consecutively I reckon somewhere between 20-25h.

1 Like

wow that’s dedication haha. Good job

4 Likes

I think this is actually one of my quicker designs due to the relative simplicity (there’s loads of pieces but the building techniques are simple).

1 Like

Damn! That looks so interesting. Though i ain’t practicing lego rn but i kept on reading entire post… lol. You are so good in this @the_termin8r :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

So I just got an estimate for the price of the entire set. It’s £3470! :open_mouth: That’s like nothing I could have imagined. That’s 2.5 times ALL of my RC projects combined! It works out at about 26p per piece which is a hell of a lot.

I wanna play now :+1:t2:, reading your post makes my brain start working today, thanx for that! And once again I am impressed how accurate you work. This a very important skill, especially for constructors! :sunny: And the price is just… ridiciolous- seems like lego is supposed to be valued as high as gold nowerdays :joy:… anyways: great project again Rob! Congrats :tada:

3 Likes

Forgot to post this the other day, but project Desperation is one component away from being fully functional. I’m just waiting for a receiver to come.

2 Likes

You mean Monopoly!!! Thats soo much!!! :open_mouth:

Yeah… i was soon gonna ask…what happened to it. :slightly_smiling_face:

Yeah. :joy: My mind was blown. Good thing I wasn’t intending on building it for real because my hopes would have been crushed.

Also I think this got buried in the posts yesterday but the files are available if anyone wants them. I’ve put them on dropbox though because I think they’re too big to email.

Damn it! Same… yeah really good thing. You didn’t plan to make it real! :joy: Or it would take ages. Its like we ask you the progress after 2 or 3 days… at that time we will be asking you after 2 or 3 yrs!

Gonna try EVERYTHING after 2 yrs. Just these ones are damn struggling. :confused:

I’d crack it in under 24 consecutive hours if I was building the real thing.

2 years? You’d have lost interest long before that :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh Rob! :joy: Nah i won’t. Actually after that i will be able to give a bit more time to art, music , creating and learning stuffs for y’all. You know what. Its 5:24 rn. I am up since 3:00 was studying… Lot of portions to be completed. Well its around 3 there i guess… What are you doing so early???

1 Like

In 2 years I’ll be nearly done with uni and I’ll probably be way past this sort of stuff. :joy: That’s because I’ll hopefully have access to a proper engineering lab or workshop.

I haven’t gone to bed yet :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

So you sleep how many hrs a day??
Or its all sleepless… ? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I don’t usually count the hours but the holidays messed up my sleep pattern. I have to get up at 9 tomorrow, it’s 1:07

Oh woow that’s why you are up late nights… probably early mornings… 9:00 for here means i am in school or all housework is going on and i gotta help mum. You are so lucky!

That’s nice… best Wishes for that. :+1::+1: :smiley:

Note: PLEASE DO NOT EDIT THIS POST, IT IS ONLY A WIKI SO THAT THE EDIT TIME DOESN’T EXPIRE.

Project Desperation is finished…and it is woefully atrocious. It’s slow, it can’t turn, the motors trigger the battery box fuse and the bodywork is way too weak. But since this is going to be going in the OP as a link I’ll do a more organised layout of this post.

Project Desperation was made out of desperation as it is my 3rd or 4th attempt at a Lego RC project that is meant to actually work (the others didn’t), but alas that was not the case. It uses two Lego M motors that have been geared up 8/24 for extra speed. I assumed that 2 motors would compensate for the torque drop but it turns out they didn’t It also uses an M motor to steer instead of using a servo. That of course means that when you let go of the steering stick on the remote the wheels don’t centre again. Very little of this was my design, I took the front and rear suspension assemblies from the 42039 LMP car. I just did the chassis and bodywork.

Even though I said this would be my last Lego RC attempt, I want to try one last project called FTS (Fuck This Shit). It will be as basic as possible.

If you’re coming here from the link in the OP and don’t want to scroll up for images you can see some here (it’s just missing the receiver in these).

Desperation Images

And here’s some footage from the first (and only) run in the kitchen.

4 Likes

Desperation is…desperation… :see_no_evil:
Well…it’s not your fault…so be patient… :hugs:

If you continue to give this kind of names to your projects it’s normal that they don’t work well… :joy: they’re rebelling… :joy:

3 Likes

It nice look like u have so much fun

1 Like