My/her/his/your phone

My phone battery is going wrong again. Last night I lost 18% of battery charge in 10 hours and just now I saw that I lost 16% in a little over an hour when my phone was doing absolutely nothing.

Sounds like you need a new battery.

I replaced it with my mum’s a few months ago and she doesn’t use it, at all, like for anything. she might get a call every once in a blue moon but that’s it.

Typical plain old smartphone. None last more than a day (most not even a day) with just 1 charge. Battery just drops all the time due to apps, wifi/data, etc.

I can usually get 2-3 days from mine.

It’s the software trouble. Copy all the important info and make data recovery. Better look for the custom firmware and put it to your phone.

S3 mini’s software is oh so old stuff and the Touch Wiz version is too hard for that phone. Maybe it would be better to set some lite custom stuff (if the Touch Wiz is not that important for ya). Would work more correctly.

I’m not too bothered about it. All of my important stuff is on my SD card (not that there much in the way of important, I have my music - which I have as CDs and on my laptop, a few pics which are backed up on a USB and my contacts which are on the card).

Didn’t you switch off the animations?

Which animations?

It’s in the developers options.
Get into “about device” menu, than press the Kernel Version (if I’m not mistaken) 7 times and you will get a new menu: “developers options”.

Get there, find the animations and adjust them all to zero. I did it on my old Galaxy Win and it seemed to me, that it began to work a little faster. Comfort…

Dev options was already a menu and everything was off. spamming KV did nothing.

Hmmm… it’s usually hidden.

Sit-rep:

Yesterday I lost 95% (from 100) over 12 hours (12:00-00:00) and over the next 11 hours (00:00-11:00) I lost 0% (from the remaining 5) and my phone was doing absolutely nothing over both time frames.

UPDATE: It’s been an hour and 21 mins and I’m still sitting at 5%. Gonna plug it in and see how long it lasts once it’s fully charged.

My phone has been really laggy lately which is weird… ipeople update their phones too much…

It’s been about 4 hours since my last charge and I’ve dropped only 10% (that’s how it should be).

Maybe it’s time to put it down and get a new one

It’s now been pretty much 24 hours and I’ve lost 80% but I’ve been getting messages. I’d lost 20% at the 20 hours mark

Maybe it’s time you got a new one?

That last update was to say that the battery consumption is back to normal.

I know, but still. Isn’t weird that one day it goes down fast and the next is back to normal?