Mike Shinoda new Album - Dropped Frames, Vol 1

Where are these albums available for free? I keep finding them for sale on Amazon and Google when I search. I’ve obviously missed something here!

1 Like

Oh, no I don’t download them. I just listen on spotify. I haven’t actually looked for a place to get them for myself (I just took the fans’ word at face value that they were free). But now that you mention it, Amazon is charging a fiver for the first one and 7 quid for the second one as MP3 downloads.

EDIT:

They want $7 for the first one on Bandcamp as well. These are definitely not free.

1 Like

Thank you. I thought I was going mad!

It’s sad for me to be negative about Mike as I usually like his releases, but this is a missed opportunity not to have taken the time to record some vocals, even if it would have taken a few more months I don’t see the issue with waiting and I’m certain fans would have appreciated it greatly and this would have justified the cost. After all the hoo-ha with Grey Daze “cash grabbing” (not this forum so much but elsewhere they were brutal about this point nonstop), it seems all the socially minded fans have gone quiet over these albums being sold unnecessarily across 3 albums. Everyone should be held to the same account. Don’t hero worship on one side and call out everyone else on the other. That’s just plain wrong.

2 Likes

Everything since Chester’s death has essentially been a cash grab. PT, GD, all the LPU nonsense where they still charge you 10 bucks for access to crappy merch and now this stuff. And I again, I told everyone that there will be no more LPU albums after 16 and that LP is very much dead in the water. 3 years later and I’m still being proven correct. I don’t follow social media, but besides Mike’s activity, the other band members might as well have faded from existence.

1 Like

They definitely haven’t disbanded, so there’s always a possibility of a return. My worry now is that we’ll see a largely instrumental album from LP with a few vocal tracks (perhaps Mike rapping or singing occasionally). That will be nightmarish. If this happens, I blame the fans. I don’t agree that we’re just here for the ride, without fans bands would not be able to do what they do. They say this all the time and it’s true! Try to support talent otherwise it will fade quickly.

1 Like

I’m not saying they’re disbanded, more a permanent hiatus.

I like a good instrumental album, provided that some effort has been put in. I listen to a lot of instrumental bands.

1 Like

“permanent hiatus” unlikely to be permanent, they’ll just announce an end if that’s what they decide. Instrumental albums would be a bad move for LP, but I guess would resolve the issue of music without Chester. But I’d be very disappointed as their lyrics are some of my favourites.

1 Like

Ok then, Tool-level hiatus. :joy:

1 Like

I didn’t know Amazon or whatever was charging for the tracks, I just got the email and clicked the links and just got the tracks. He did mention in the streams they were for free so not sure what happened there.

For me, bottom line is, I support his effort and I always appreciate his musicianship (good or bad, i just admire his knowledge of the craft, without that meaning that I like everything he does). These aren’t perfect, and not the types of instrumentals I would listen to frequently, but well done to him for doing the streams the way he has and putting these out.

3 Likes

I got one email a while ago through LPU I believe and did download that one track (Hybrid Theory style instrumental which I’ve kept as a future ringtone). No other emails but maybe I’m not signed up in the right place.

I support his efforts in streaming even if personally I don’t enjoy it, but not the way these are being sold. If he gave a small percentage to charity you wouldn’t be hearing from me.

1 Like

Same here. I’ve found getting emails to be very hit or miss.

1 Like

For conversations and interviews with him, I do know he and his family donate a lot in charities and take measures or whatever, but as of right now, that’s the fundraiser he has set up for the streams:

https://tiltify.com/@mikeshinoda/ms-c19

2 Likes

Yah you are getting ripped off. Maybe where you are from it cost because for everyone else it’s free. It’s on music apps and if you have to pay for your music app but the play list is free and we will be getting a third soon.

As what @evooba said is crazy because he actually spent money on buying a better cam to stream. His internet was horrible so he made it better for his fan so see him do this and all people can say is this and that.

Again saying that it sucks is on you. And also can you do any better. How about you get on and save up some points and ask him a question, see what he would say to your nonsense, I’ll probably laugh because he is so positive. We literally get to see him seven days a week. As Shinoda fans, as Fort Minor fans, as Linkin Park fans.

He says he’s horrible at drums but he does it for us. In the old days we had to plead just to get him on these things and he’s doing this for free!

And also to say how… ’this is how the future stuff going to be like…’ did Shinoda say that? No, it’s just a fan that doesn’t any better and thinks they figured it out. This is for fun. Like we keep saying but some peeps have selective reading.

3 Likes

And another thing people have been wondering where I’ve been, I’ve kind of fallen away from this website but I mean one of the reasons that I don’t bother is cuz of ppl like @the_termin8r. You go around continuely thinking that you’re funny, you think that you can say whatever, because it’s your opinion and everyone else, be damned. You say that you don’t complain however, an opinion is simply a complaint by a person about what they don’t or do like. And you do that constantly on here in lengthly blogs and threads about something. You are vain and annoying and try as you must you don’t hurt me but you still constantly speak about me when you clearly know I’m not around. You think I am hurting because of your fast comments or thinking that you ’finally got to me!’ You’re meh and that’s always gonna be there.

I find you fake like how you have to cheat on a game thread on here. I find you full of it to seem like you are cool. But you are mostly a self-absorbing prick who has to show off over the internet on a forum that is one of a billion. Expedia knowing ass is super annoying and I’ve met people like you and it’s just like ah! Stop being such a freaking robot. You are not cool. You are annoying and you’re not worth the web browsing to get here. Error in this, possibly, but hey I’m human. Are you?

2 Likes

I think he’s pretty cool :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

She’s just jealous that she’s no longer the trolling superpower. :smirk:

2 Likes

It’s not a free album. Of course you can stream music for free online but you won’t own it :roll_eyes: Hulk smash!

It’s about damn time Mike invested in technology at home. He’s so old school.

Can I do any better? With what, twitching? Fill me up with Pepsi and watch me go.

I couldn’t ask Mike a question amongst all the Fanboys, they’d maul before I got past “Change your hair back to red”. But seriously, you are selectively reading my post. Firstly, I said my opinion was worth 2 pence… in Britain, that isn’t much. Secondly, I said his streams helped fans during lockdown so don’t bash me, you darn fish. Thirdly, too many so-called fans banged on endlessly about Grey Daze cash grabbing and went quiet on the sale of these albums spread across 3 - which for fans who want to buy the music are being sadly ripped off. The music is slapdash and it was a missed opportunity not to spend time writing lyrics to give the fans something worthwhile during this difficult year. Leave it at having fun with the fans.

The future of music is already doomed when people will buy anything instead of looking at quality and skill.

Don’t be a sheep and don’t hero worship anyone. Nobody is perfect. Not even Mike!

I still like you :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I agree @the_termin8r used to be my enemy on here because at one time he corrected an error I stupidly made and I swore the next time he screwed up I’d come down on him like a sumo wrestler! But I now see he’s clever, cool and funny :wink: You just have to give people a chance.

1 Like

The Meme and I have been clashing since I came on here, all but two flags I’ve had have come from her. She just has a natural disdain for me (I on the other hand don’t because I’m not that petty) and seems extra triggered today. :joy:

What is this? Celebrating your cake day with a few insults. Yum. :cake:

1 Like