LPU exclusive concert at LA House of Blues May 18

Wish I COULD go. Getting real tired of every exclusive special LPU show being in LA.

Sold out in three minutes and I couldn’t even get in.

I planned on going with my wife but how the fuck did the tickets get sold out in 2 minutes?

Nothing ever popped up when I refreshed 2 seconds before 10am. UGH!! :frowning:

Same problem here. Sold out in two minutes, wow!!!

I accidently selected 1 ticket so i tried to go back for 2 instead and it was sold out! I’m so pissed right now. I want to go to the Mountain View show to but they wont sell the tickets! Shit I’ve saved up money for these concerts and I’m just getting screwed here. I was going to drive all the way from Sacramento to LA for this thing. Well, it seemed to good to be true, i guess me skipping class to get a ticket backfired to.

I got in easily enough, all three packages were available, I put the $99 ticket in my cart and went to check out and…changed my mind. No way I could get away with driving out there…

Sigh. Reality sucks.

I had like 4 tabs in open and 2 browsers running and I was able to snag mine! woooo! thank you lord. I had 2 tix in my cart by mistake, wish I had just kept both and sold one to one of you fellow fans for face value.

I think Linkin Park are basically running an illegal lottery when it comes to enticing people to join LPunderground for a $25.00 lottery chance at tickets that basically are impossible to get.

I am a huge fan - but I think what they are doing with this LPunderground is likely illegal.

I would probably join anyway, but i know people who plunked down the 25.00 and really had no chance at tickets.

What happened today was an absolute joke - it was strictly a scam to get money. and i dont care if it was for charity or not.

Got my tickets! I hope everyone here had the same luck as I did!

Added 2 tix at exactly 10am, rcvd error message, refreshed, SOLD OUT by 10:02! I’m going to go cry now…

I gotta admit, though, it is pretty cool that it sold out that fast. I think the cart said it was will call pickup day of the show only so that makes me think this wasn’t scalpers so much as real fans that tore it up so quickly.

Got two VIP tickets! Can’t wait!

It sucks that it sold out so quickly though, I couldn’t believe it!

I got my tickets…

I was excited to come back on this post and see who else did… but I am so sad to see all the unhappy people =o(

It was really hard and nerve-wrecking. I still can’t believe they sold out that fast!

[quote=AllisonPink]Got two VIP tickets! Can’t wait!

It sucks that it sold out so quickly though, I couldn’t believe it![/quote]

I added the vip to my cart too but it was sold out… luckily somehow the GA was still available and in my cart before they sold out!!!

I really was hoping for the vip but I can’t complain bcuz there are so many people here that were hoping to go… =o(

It really is a lottery but I don’t think it’s a scam… maybe false hope but it was for a good cause and hopefully they do more intimate shows later this year =o)

Its not a scam by any means. A band with as much popularity as linkin park playing in a small capacity venue such as house of blues is very appealing to both fans and scalpers. There were probably thousands of people sitting at their computers at 10 ready to roll and from there it was just a numbers game. If you were lucky, you got your ticket. It’s cool that LP does this for fans, they could have just not played this show at all, then we would be getting ripped off.

[quote=Irene_K][quote=AllisonPink]Got two VIP tickets! Can’t wait!

I added the vip to my cart too but it was sold out… luckily somehow the GA was still available and in my cart before they sold out!!!

I really was hoping for the vip but I can’t complain bcuz there are so many people here that were hoping to go… =o(

It really is a lottery but I don’t think it’s a scam… maybe false hope but it was for a good cause and hopefully they do more intimate shows later this year =o)[/quote]

I just think it is really shady to make people pay 25.00 to join some bogus fan club…when in fact really people only join to access presale tickets. And then they send out a deceptive email blast telling fans that the ONLY way they can get tickets is by joining this so-called fan club.

It is really a cheap way to make money. And the fan club money, as far as I know, does not go to charity.

I guess I give these guys too much credit. If you really want to reward the loyal fans, find more creative ways to identify who your real fans are (search message boards, determine who has been on the site most often, etc.). Dont just send out an email blast making people think they will be special if they cough up 25.00 - when really they have maybe a one in 10-20 chance at getting tickets.

I was on at 9:45, kept hitting refresh, got to the order page, requested 2 tickets, and then got the sold out message. Literally in less than a minute.

Waste of my time. As is this forum…Have fun.

I totally agree. And the fact that they only charged $99 for this is amazing. They could have easily tripled that for a GA ticket and likely sold out just as fast. They kept it open to the masses (I don’t consider the $25 LPU fee to be overly restrictive, especially for a year’s worth of goodness). Granted, that comes with the double-edge of making it harder for any one person to get a ticket but it at least gives the non-super rich a chance at seeing them in such an intimate venu. And I think that is quite awesome. Well done, gentlemen, well done.

i got my tickets! i got a few error messages along the way, but i got on right at 10 and got put right on through after a few hiccups. that was so nerve wracking! anyway, congratulations to the people who got tickets! i just wish they let me keep my old LPU tag instead of making me get a new one since i’ve been out of it for a little over a year :confused: now i just look like some noob who is completely new to the LPU, but i’m not…

[quote=Trae Williams][quote=Irene_K][quote=AllisonPink]Got two VIP tickets! Can’t wait!

It really is a lottery but I don’t think it’s a scam… maybe false hope but it was for a good cause and hopefully they do more intimate shows later this year =o)[/quote]

I just think it is really shady to make people pay 25.00 to join some bogus fan club…when in fact really people only join to access presale tickets. And then they send out a deceptive email blast telling fans that the ONLY way they can get tickets is by joining this so-called fan club.

It is really a cheap way to make money. And the fan club money, as far as I know, does not go to charity.

I guess I give these guys too much credit. If you really want to reward the loyal fans, find more creative ways to identify who your real fans are (search message boards, determine who has been on the site most often, etc.). Dont just send out an email blast making people think they will be special if they cough up 25.00 - when really they have maybe a one in 10-20 chance at getting tickets.

I was on at 9:45, kept hitting refresh, got to the order page, requested 2 tickets, and then got the sold out message. Literally in less than a minute.

Waste of my time. As is this forum…Have fun.[/quote]

Only one thing there that I will comment on: Mike Shinoda has said in the past that the band makes nothing off of the LPU, that all membership fees are used to keep the LPU going. Nothing he has ever said or done would lead me not to believe him so…I believe him.