Linkin Park Facts and Trivia

During HT & Meteora: HT also focused on the “Winged Soldier”

From MTM to ATS:

Since THP:

Yes I know that, but where does the one on the drum fit in?

Actually, the ATS era logo was this one (LT era was a plain circle logo similar to MTM’s):

It was just an error when making the design

In a LPU member chat Joe agreed to join my bunny army.

:3

2 Likes

Did you know @intheend can be summoned by saying mshinoda?

Actual facts: Did you know there are at least ten noticeably different, non-live versions of Points of Authority?

• Oh No (LPUX)
  • Points of Authority (LPU12, name likely changed for album)
  • Points & Authority (various demo CDs, same as LPU12 version aside from short missing instrumental section)
  • Points of Authority (6-Track Demo CD)
  • Points of Authority (Hybrid Theory)
  • Pts.Of.Athrty (Reanimation 8-Track Demo CD, Demo of Jay Gordon’s Remix)
  • Pts.Of.Athrty (Reanimation, Jay Gordon’s Remix)
  • Pts.Of.Athrty (DJ Hero 2, Remix of Jay Gordon’s Remix. Yes, a remix of a remix)
  • Pts.Of.Athrty (LPU2, Crystal Method’s Remix)
  • Points of Authority/99 Problems/One Step Closer (Collision Course)

Weirdly, the LPU12 and various demo CD versions have parts that the 6-Track Demo version don’t have, and at the same time the 6-Track Demo version has parts that the other demos don’t have, like there were two versions used simultaneously.

Did you know that it is speculated that the versions of the songs on the 6-Track Demo CD are the result of the label trying to change them (as mentioned by Mike in “Get Me Gone” on The Rising Tied)? The songs on this demo CD notably are stripped down compared to their finals and earlier demos, removal of some of Mike’s and Joe’s parts, and a completely different ending to With You. The With You demo is the earliest we have, though, and it’s possible that’s just how the song was there, as the yell at the end of the scrapped part is still used in the final song.

• With You: No “now I see, even when I close my eyes”, no scratching section, different ending.
  • Crawling: No “without a sense of confidence. I’m convinced that there’s just too much pressure to take”, no “raindrops” rap.
  • Points of Authority: No “sink or swim” rap.
3 Likes

Lies… @TripleXero

I’ve heard a lot of LP points of authority versions…and others…

ot everybody seems to be a lyer…

Never thought about that. The songs are indeed different but I just assumed it was normal since they were very early demos.

The 6-Track is actually really close the the release date of Hybrid Theory. The cover says May 8th, and the Studio Finals CD was July 5th, and most of those were basically done

My months not being apart of the lpu, I’ve really out of he loop of things… It’s weird not really being in he lpu. I think I know all these facts or half of them.

One thing I remember from when I was younger was that Joe has an alter-ego he calls Remy.

2 Likes

Really? All I remember was he was/is maybe obsessed with froggies

Hasn’t Mike mentioned that Joe also likes to explore Illuminati stuff? (not believe in it, just do research and stuff)

1 Like

Yes, that’s why I’m fed up of the song.

DYK That Joe is a frog enthusiast?

My mistake. I was associating this logo with LPUX. Though the cover features the MTM logo, I just checked the inlay of ATS and found this:

Now here’s something that I’d completely overlooked. This is the LT logo - more like the current one with a circle around it.

Thanks @evooba for correcting me :slightly_smiling:

No worries, it’s just a logo :wink: They changed it a lot lately it’s hard to keep up. At least they finally settled on a LPU logo too.

I know, but it’s always a good thing to learn something new. But now, I must ask you, I am comparing the MTM logo and the LT logo, and I don’t find any difference. I think they are same. Is it me, or are they actually the same?

1 Like

It always seemed like the “LP” on LT’s is a bit lower than on MTM’s logo. They’re probably the same.

I actually spent 15minutes trying to figure out if there is any change in the logo. The only thing I can visualize is a slight tilt at the angle in which LP is written, but this may be due to the poor quality of the LT image I used. I had to zoom in a lot as the image in the booklet is small and that’s the only official image I have of the logo.
Else, they are the same. Comments?

1 Like