[insert totally nifty topic here]

It’s understandable. I fail (big time) in English too and I’ve been speaking it almost my entire life. It depends on each individual I guess…
German is hard to learn too… They say Greek is as well but I can’t speak on that lol.

Your grammar is perfectly fine here, I’ve seen little to no errors from you.

2 Likes

To be honest, I first thought @evooba was English because of grammar too :wink:

2 Likes

@the_termin8r Your* (lol)
@Gatsie

That’s flattering guys, thanks, but seriously, I’ve forgotten basic stuff, my speaking is not great, etc. Speaking is actually what scares me the most at this point and holding me back from taking my IELTS exam.

2 Likes

I tend to speak “American English”, although here in schools they prefered British English because they thought it was “more decent” and stuff…

My understanding of the German language is very very basic and yet during the final exams I had to write an essay in German and got an A+ for that. But if it would have been a speech assignment I would have failed, I am sure of that.

I guess writing in a language and speaking it are two different things, yes. Practice helps though. Maybe some more singing along to Linkin Park for the practice of English speech? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Same here. I tend to type in and use American English even though I was taught British. At the time it was also considered a priviledge to own a degree in British English. It’s funny, like saying “gotta” instead of “going to” defines you. As for the accent, I’m a sucker for the British one but again, I don’t think having or not having one defines your level of the language.

Teachers at school always told my parents I was having issues with Greek and couldn’t say what I wanted to say using the right words or whatever and that I could perfectly do it in English. They thought it was so weird. Still, to this day, I find myself throwing English words/phrases in Greek sentences because I simply can’t remember or know how to say exactly what I want in Greek (and honestly, that’s not ok).

German, I don’t remember much, I understand most of it but I don’t always know how to reply. I tried learning Japanese but didn’t work out.

1 Like

I often make some tongue gymnastics, singing Bleed It Out and Faint, while taking shower. :smile:
That wakes the brain, too.

1 Like

Singing works always!

Oh yes I love that hahaha

1 Like

Damn and Blast :joy: How ironic :sweat_smile: I would lie and say that it was intentional but it just wasn’t :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

there is a sayin that killing a spider brings you bad luck.

Finally got these :slight_smile:

1 Like

I don’t do superstition. Also when I have a chance, I torture them…and then I kill them :laughing:

And After You Gain the fourth Lego instead of three ( Terminator luck)

I find any torture of a living creature. inhumane.
I i am not a spider lover, i dont like them at all, but i will not torture someone because i have issues.

He is just termination directed

OT hi @Spelling_Mistake

Heey @The_early_walker

1 Like

You saw the livestream from tonight

I actually like spiders, quite underestimated creatures, but I just enjoy messing with them. I guess I’m fudged up that way.

everytime I see this,

can´t resist to think at lol :grin: @the_termin8r

1 Like