[insert totally nifty topic here]

The profiles got a bit of a redesign, nothing too special

I started looking through the moderator’s list though, and I don’t know who half the people even are? Some are ground(ctrl) people so that makes sense, but who are @David_Freerksen, @watson916, and @JasonEspiritu (who aren’t active or a mod on the main site), and @kavilp (who is marked as LP Staff, and is head of The Collective? I’ve heard of that before but can’t remember what it is)? Do you know any of these people @Derek?

Also, @Dan_G is @dragonlp20, right? What’s that about?

Finally, I don’t think I said this here, but LPU’s 3rd download song lands in April, possible Mmm… Cookies song?

Can’t blame them really.

@TripleXero Wow, that’s weird. Whoever that guy from The Collective is (when you click in his name it says the page doesn’t exist), I don’t even know why he’s still part of this site. It’s been a year since the guys stopped working with them.
(Btw, the Collective is a music management company for those that don’t know. They’ve been working for LP for years until recently when the boys decided to do everything by themselves and not have third persons involved. It was a pretty rad move considering that the firm moved from music to video games just because LP left them). Here’s an article about it: Linkin Park Shifts To Self Management - Hypebot

thanx for the info, @evooba and @TripleXero, I gonna read this article, but it is maybe like Warner took the lpu under their direction? I´m still thinking on Mikes podcast LPA, saying loud and clear:" I have nothing to do with the lpu." And if I get considering the pages from last year and the lpu-bundles, last year it was still artwork, special spirit, the art-stickers collection, now I find all very clean, the log in site, the hub, all straight and clean in navy blue, I don´t wanna set rumors, but that styling, even not beeing really on the Top, what meant the moderators and / or leaders.
My feeling is, that the lpu, in the whole LP-Industries, has left it´s importanty and it´s task, to bring band and fans together…So I have to accept. I´m still l here, I´m a core-fan, but I gonna get lurking the other plattforms on holidays…lol :laughing:

What platforms?

mb lpl lpa etc

The LPU has nothing to do with Warner Brothers. It is under Machine Shop and it is run based on our memberships only. The band has nothing to do with it in the sense that they’re not the ones handling it like back in the day, they still have a say in whatever revolves around it though.

1 Like

Yup some songs can’t be released due to ‘samples’ etc.

I was thinking about that yesterday, why can’t they just pay to use the sample? It’s not like they’re short on money

1 Like

ok, we have to take, what is served, thanx for expl @evooba…I´m happy about the lpu, cause I got you all known here inside, (in these parts, you like to show) and I feel really familiar with everybody, at least…
http://www.mesothelioma.com/images/blog/posts/Happiness.jpg

I don’t know. Chrome started to act strangely as it would open on some strange browser. It turned out that I’d somehow picked up a browser hijacker, so I ran Norton (it picked up noting), then I found and ran a bunch of other programs which partially cleared the problem. The hijacker browser was gone but an ad tab would open with every 3rd or 4th site that I opened. So I ran the programs again and they picked up nothing.

Once the last one had finished it wanted to restart the computer so I let it, however, when the computer restarted the W10 updates that I’d been putting off for days decided to install themselves. Once my laptop was booted up I logged in as normal, but instead of getting to my desktop the laptop said that there has been a problem and it was going to restart and thus the infamous update induced boot loop started (I say infamous because apparently an older update did the same thing to lots of other people before and I somehow managed to miss the fiasco).

The problem with my boot loop was that unlike the last people who got it I couldn’t get to my control panel between restarts (the other people had 5 mins before each restart). So I did no less than 15 force shutdowns until I got to some blue menu with a bunch of options on it. The first option I tried was to do a troubleshoot scan of sorts to see if the laptop could repair itself, it ended up failing so I went to the next option which was a system restore (I had to do a force shutdown after every failed attempt at a process of any kind).

I tried every single restore point that was there and all failed due to some mysterious error (which I couldn’t find online). Then I managed to get into safe mode, I ran a full Norton scan which came up clean, then I proceeded to delete the last updates. When I did it wanted a restart so I let it…only for the bloddy updates to install themselves again :angry:. This ended up sending me to square -2 as after that I couldn’t even get into safe mode. After a lot of rage and restarting I got back into safety mode and backed up all of my files.

After that I went to my last resort option which meant resetting the computer and windows, though for some reason it gave me the option to preserve my files. It ended up working but I had to reinstall Norton, MS office and a few other programs.

Apparently not. I don’t use my google account so my bookmarks are on chrome itself. I’d have thought that they get synced or something when you do actually log in. Luckily I managed to find an old print screen in this thread where I could find my main ones (the rest were links to music on YT).

Oh… that’s a heavy antivirus program.

And yet for some reason it doesn’t pick up adware even though a free program will.

I had Norton too but it was doing more damage than good in my pc. I use Panda now.

How come??

Old pc had norton, old pc couldn’t work anymore cuz too much of the underlying software that helped the pc run was deleted.

It was just too much. The pc was running very slow, programs were not installed correctly or at all and stuff like that.

The force it leaked…

I don’t have any virus protection, I just watch what I download

Wow, I’ve never had those problems. Even on my mum’s old laptop that I was using yesterday. It was slow but that’s because it was slow to being with. It didn’t seem affected.

Even then, that’s how other stuff is loaded onto your pc even if you’re careful. Apparently that’s one way I might have picked up that browser hijacker (except I hadn’t DL’d anything recently).

Yeah, I probably shouldn’t do what I do, but I haven’t experienced any recent problems. Before my computer got wiped I had Advanced System Care, which was pretty decent, but I rarely used it