[insert totally nifty topic here]

Watching this makes me feel so inadequate when it comes to building things from lego :cry: I am however happy to say that everything that I tend to build is completely improvised and/or built on a whim or in the spur of a moment and is usually built from random scraps from other sets :slight_smile:

This guy probably has way way too much time on his hands. I think this guy spent ages designing it (if he improvised this then he deserves to work at NASA or something).

It’s simply a CD-R recordable for use, so what you mean.

Maybe it’s not made buy sony but is sold as if it is.

I just found an excellent way to entertain myself:

It’s a free lego design program. I think this is what the guy used in the video a couple of posts back.

It’s free if anyone is interested:

http://ldd.lego.com/en-gb/download

@TripleXero eats poopies

Pics or it didn’t happen

2 Likes

With the latest happenings in the UK and everything, Amazon is on a roll. Crazy awesome offers in the music department. I just scored myself 3 cds (one special edition) for just 15 euros with shipping (£12,50, $16,50).

All prices still seem roughly the same on my end.

The exchange rates have changed, that’s what makes it cheap for me.

The same cds, cost about double the price 2-3 weeks ago.

(btw, OT, but a new OM&M song is being relased later today and I assume we’ll get a new album release date as well)

@Gatsie @EvoOba @Jabin_Quaken

Sort of mega post ahead

This is what I was on about. This is by no means finished. The real thing has all of the components put together so the separate ones won’t be as clear. Also, it doesn’t look very car-like because I’ve done it as a display of all of the mechanisms and not as a car (also because I couldn’t be bothered to design a proper body :stuck_out_tongue: )

The main chassis:

The plating on the bottom of the chassis (the chassis sits on top of this, it gives it a flat underbelly) :

Active aero splitter box:

Basically this either directs power to the left spoilers or the right ones depending on where the green switch is set to. It’s not finished yet, the diverted power goes to actuators which move the spoilers. The power comes in at the beige gears and is split towards either one or none of the grey shafts.

Rear suspension ( without the splitter box attached) :

This is probably the only part of the car that isn’t my design (I lifted it from the original model) but even then I’ve heavily modified it.

Front suspension:

I don’t know what was more annoying, improvising this or taking off all of the panels and trying to see what I built down in the bowls of the damn thing so I can make it in the program. It was annoying to make digitally too. I should also say that it’s so annoying because I’ve made it 4WD. If it wasn’t I would have lifted it from the original model too. The red panels are part of the active aero.

Without the body panels:

I’ve started putting the different parts together:

(this part is nearly finished)

I also designed this manual air brake (I couldn’t find a good way to automate it):

The real thing is built but I ran out of the parts I need to mount it.

Sorry for the maga post

1 Like

Ooops, forgot the gearbox :stuck_out_tongue:

(the real one is missing some gears I need to order).

Also, @Gatsie you might recall me raging at the gearbox, well this is another one, I completely redesigned it. As a result I actually have to run more gears :stuck_out_tongue: But it’s far smoother and it’s only 1 extra gear.

Damn… after this you’re just supposed to get an engineer…

1 Like

This is just crazy to me :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

This is how I’ve been killing time recently. There are a few issues with it. I made a slight miscalculation when attaching the front suspension to the chassis and as a result the front wheels are higher to than he rear so the car is actually tilted forwards but that’s not that big of an issue, because I can pass it off as if I’d intended it because some race cars are set up like that (I used to set my cars up in GT6 like that too).

Then there’s the issue with scaling. I built the chassis without considering how big the gearbox will be, so putting the gb in now is gonna be tricky. If I’d put a reverse gear and handbrake on it it wouldn’t fit at all. I also wanted to put the engine block in but don’t have space either. And I really don’t want to extend that chassis (it’s a lot of trouble for a minor result). Also the battery box will have to be off-board as well.

Stuff was pretty cheap. The Crazy Town CD isn’t very good though. Sounds like below average Limp Bizkit songs for the most part

Lol, you got satellite for next to nothing.

Looks like we’ve got a spam flood on them main site. Everything without an avatar past the 3rd row is a spam bot lol.

It goes all the way past p11

1 Like

Oh boy… I hope they get rid of them.

Should I write on one of their walls to see what happens? :stuck_out_tongue:

No, they’ll probably hack your account. It’s happened before.